Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Ahhh...Illegal??

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by Bubble
once you replace the front speaker and you will see how BAD the bose sub and rear speaker are, you will end up replace ALL. That what happen to me. hehehe

btw, the bose is suck. it is either you keep all or replace all. You can't mix.

sssooooooooooooooooo true! i was thinking the cheap way out also. hhmmm, i'll just throw in a sub. well that didn't freakin work a month later and a lot of custom work all by my little self and now i have a system that's 5x better IMO.

total parts cost, around $600 with a few freebies from my old sytem.

Old 12-15-2004, 07:35 PM
ZNizzy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let me know if you can't get it to work. I have a IVA 900 and just do the "secret handshake" it works fine.

I just switch the screen to something else around cops.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:22 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Ok, I went to a different palce to order all my stuff and get it installed. For $35 they have a unit that tricks Alpines tricky DVD de-activation feature. Definitly worth it!
Old 12-16-2004, 07:37 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally posted by Santacruzslick
Ok, I went to a different palce to order all my stuff and get it installed. For $35 they have a unit that tricks Alpines tricky DVD de-activation feature. Definitly worth it!

Really? Is something they can sell and ship? I have been thinking about getting the Alpine IVA-300, but with that PITA "feature" I have almost decided not to, as I tried to figure out a way to wire a couple of switches in place of the parking and foot brake to send the signal to the head unit to trick it into working, and have almost decided to hell with it, and gone with something else. If they have a box that will make it easy, I might be willing to buy it. You have any contact info for them, or a website?

Thanks
Dave
Old 12-16-2004, 09:13 PM
SilverstoneZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you were in Cali I could have I could have my local shop have it done. When I had my tv in my old car I had it on when I wanted it on.
Old 12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Dave 90TT
350Z 2+2

Originally posted by SilverstoneZ
if you were in Cali I could have I could have my local shop have it done. When I had my tv in my old car I had it on when I wanted it on.

The setup for the Alpine is a bit different. Most interlocks are just a wire that either needs to be hot or grounded. The Alpine requires you to put on the footbrake, engage the handbrake, remove the footbrake, release the handbreak, and then reengage the handbrake (or something along those lines) Basically it needs two seperate hot lines, both applied in a certain way. You could do this with two toggle switches (which is what I had planned), but you would still have to flip the switches manually. The solution that I am looking for is something that either you don't have to do anything at all, or all you have to do is press one button, which would then send the correct combination of signals.

Your shop in California probably just wired the line from your TV to a hot/ground (whichever the TV needed) I can do that myself, thats simple. And that is not what is needed for this.

Dave
Old 12-17-2004, 05:37 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

The shop does have a website but they do not sell products through it. The website is Audiosynergy.com. You could contact them to find out what brand it is and if they would be willing to ship you one. As far as I know this is one of the only shops in a very large area that has this piece available.

It works by sending a signal that replicates that of the foot brake and hand brake combination. The headunit has a sophisticated chip built in that will shut the unit off if it remains grounded for a long period of time. This unit also uses a relay to keep the system tricked into thinking you are actually using the brakes.