Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues & Comments (56K warning)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:38 PM
maturola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues & Comments (56K warning)

Hey guys,

After 2 weekends I finally finish my install, I want to share some issues and comment a bit about it if anyone is looking to a similar install. I still have to clean the wire a bit, and maybe add some more carpet in some places but overall it look great.

I installed:
New HU - Pioneer AVIC-Z1
Replaced all 4 speakers: Front - JL XR650-CSi, Rear - JL XR650-CXi
Amp: 2x JL 500/1 (For each Sub) - 1x JL 300/4 ( Spekaers)
Subs: 2x JL 10W6v2
Add-ons:
XM Radio: Pioneer GEX-P10XMT with XM traffic
IPod Connector: Pioneer CB-IB100II
Bluetooth Adater: Using it with the Motorola SLVR Unlocked. (Work great)
Valentine One Radar Detector on the Mirror (Invisicord + Mount)

Comments
*The Color of the Amp match really nice my interiors.
*It sound incredible, at Volume lvl 12 you can hear the singer breathing.
*I got tinted windows and it doesn't advertise my system to thiefs
*V1 radar look also great in that location.

Issues: (If anyone can help me figure out remaining issues I will really appreciated)
* Do not ground the parking break if you are using the Ducaty boy hack. I had it grounded and it started saying that it was installed wrong, now I di-grounded it today and now it seen to no be working at all since the AVIC think that I'm always moving. It doesn't let me watch DVD/ or enter an address even when I'm parked. <==== VERY BIG DEAL, NEED TO FIX THIS, THE SYSTEM SUCK WITHOUT THE HACK.

* The remote Turn On Signal doesn't work, It seen like the voltage drops to about 5.6V which is not enough to enable the amp. I don't want to take the car apart again, so I;m using a manual switch until i can find a remote signal. in the back. maybe fomr the stock amp.

*I scratched a little bit (no big deal but still) the top cover of the rear speakers when i was installing the amp Rack, It will be nice for future install to put a cloth or something to cover the plastic part until you are finish.

Happy to answer any question, looking forward to your comments and help tips.
Thanks

NOTE: I know wire are messy, I just want to know i won't move the rack again until I actually fix them to look better.
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues &amp; Comments (56K warning)-picture-20068.jpg   2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues &amp; Comments (56K warning)-picture-20069.jpg   2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues &amp; Comments (56K warning)-picture-20070.jpg   2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues &amp; Comments (56K warning)-picture-20071.jpg  

Last edited by maturola; 08-13-2006 at 06:37 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 02:42 PM
esfand

u can use a relay to fix your remote turn-on problem...
Old 08-13-2006, 03:28 PM
maturola

Default Working on it

Thanks, I was actually looking into it right now. I'm working to get the Remote signal fix somehow I will update once I get something.

as far as the Bypass go, I just Reset the unit and It work just find I guess it hold some kind of value internally. reset it, Disconnected the Battery for 10 min. Reconnect and bang it worked .

I just notice while I was watching a DVD that there is noise in the speakers when i acelerate. I need to check my Power/Ground/RCA connection and see where is this noise comming from. I guess the music is load that i didn't hear it before, however in the Dvd playback you can actually hear it.

I think I will need to add a CAP to the system because the lights are fading while it's playing.

Last edited by maturola; 08-13-2006 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2006, 08:45 PM
2fast4thelaw

Default Your alternator won't last

I love your install and your choice of equipment is very very good. I am wondering how is your stock alternator going to hold up to that load? Those (2) 500 watt sub amps are going to draw 60 to 80 amps full tilt. I think the stock alternator is only 90 amps. I don't want to **** on your parade but that system is definitely going to tax your electrical system even if you don't crank it.

Guys please correct me if I am wrong, because I would love to run more than 250 watts to my sub but I don't have the ***** to run a 1000 watt amp. I have had a big car amp totally destroy my alternator every 3 to 6 months and it gets damn old replacing it all the time.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:38 PM
97 grn ss

is that face plate removable at all? also are those trim rings painted or do they come like that
Old 08-14-2006, 12:06 AM
gt3

Nice install...very clean amp rack!!! How did you retain the cargo net since the sub enclosure blocks the hooks?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:53 AM
maturola

Default =)

97, Which face plate? anyway i didn't paint anything all you see is retail.

Gt3, I was going to move the hooks to the sub box, but then it was gonna be too lose, so i just hooked it up to the stock location and pass the rubber from the sides and not under the box, otherwise it will not go all the way in.

2fast.. Point taken, I am going to look into the alternator thing, I would really hate to have something broken because of the system. thanks for the heads up.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 AM
BLKroadster

Nice install man. How u like the Xr650 speakers. How does it fit in the stock location?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:32 AM
bretsky84

Default Install

Looks great! Did use loose the steering wheel controls when you installed the AVIC? Where did you get the mount and invicord?
Old 08-14-2006, 09:35 AM
maturola

Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by BLKroadster
Nice install man. How u like the Xr650 speakers. How does it fit in the stock location?
Thanks,
Xr650, they sound great, I'm really happy and the fit ok with a 1.25'' Spacer I use the basket fomr the Stock boss speaker. Note: 1'' spacer won't work windows glass will tough magnet. you need a bit over 1'' (1 1/4 is perfect).

Originally Posted by BLKroadster
Looks great! Did use loose the steering wheel controls when you installed the AVIC? Where did you get the mount and invicord?
I installed the PAC unit to keep the steering wheel controls, however haven't configre it yet. I want to take care of the Noise issue and make sure the whole install is stable before doing that. But I know of ppl that have done it so it works

LINKS:
INVISICORD

Radar Mount for the Z

Last edited by maturola; 08-14-2006 at 09:40 AM.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:22 PM
97 grn ss

[QUOTE=maturola]97, Which face plate? anyway i didn't paint anything all you see is retail.

i mean the screen can you take it off if you park in a shady area or is there a cover for it or something
Old 08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was asked to chime in by the originater of this post.

As far as the engine noise.

1. Make sure you have proper wires ant least a 4 gauge if not a 0 ga in your case.

2. Make sure your Rca cables are Hi-End Cables or custom made.

3. Make sure your Rca cables are run on one side of the car and your power cable on the other side of the car.

4. Upgrade the ground cable at your battery to 0 Ga cable if you can.

5. Check the Rca cables make sure nothing is pinched or rca ends coming into contact with any metal.

As for alternator you will need some kind of an upgrade sooner or later. Caps won't do anything with those amps since they have regulated power supplies.

Fix the noise problem first. However if your alternator is on it's way out it will contribute to the noise...

If you check all above and you still have noise, depending on how loud it is you maybe able to use a inline filter and get red of the noise.

You may also want to find out if the noise is from all the speakers orjust let's say the fronts or just the rears... that will tell you what wires to chase.

Good luck.

BTW where did you get all your stuff from?

Last edited by Nazar; 08-14-2006 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-14-2006, 03:58 PM
maturola

Default Thanks for your review!

Originally Posted by 97 grn ss
I mean the screen can you take it off if you park in a shady area or is there a cover for it or something
Ho i see what you saying now, and no there is not much you can do execpt to NO park in a ****y area.

Nasar:

Thanks man for your advices.

1 to 3 all are Ok I Have hign end JL blue RCAs. and Speaker wires. Power Cables are in the passenger side while RCA are in the middle of the car.

Now I iwll work on 4 and 5, they could be close to each other ubnder the Amp Rack, and They could be pinched by the amp rack.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:44 AM
maturola

Default Noise

Well guys,

To Update the Post, I was able to reduce the noise re-arrenging the wires under the Amp rack, they were a bit cluster. I also upgrade the ground of the battery.

However still some noise comming out (nothing bigm you can hear it if volume is really low). I will go to a local store and will try to upgrade my alternator along with a fastest response battery that i saw the other day, and will update once I have some results.
Old 08-15-2006, 11:58 AM
JimRHIT

Don't upgrade you battery and alternator .. I ran a real 1600W rms for almost 3 years on this alternator and never had a problem.

Upgrade your ground cables on your amps and your alternator and you battery. Report back after that.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:20 AM
Anu2g

I just installed an IVA-W200 in my 06. I couldn't line up the holes on the side of the head-unit with the factory mounting bracket in a way that would result in a flush fit. The hu sticks out about a cm. Any suggestions?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:30 AM
bdmpastx

You know that on the AVIC Z1 there are 2 wires that are remote right? One is the for power antennas and it only comes on with the radio unless you go to settings and set it to power on. Then it will work for amps and such. Then there is the remote wire too which is for the amps. You may have the wrong one connected.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
rmatic09

what kind of cubby did you use? Is it a perfect fit?
Old 08-16-2006, 09:57 AM
maturola

Default thanks for the heads up!

i notice that, and I tried the 2 of them and it dind't work. I got the feeling that the Wire I route to the back was Cut or pinched somehow when I re assemble the car.

The main thing is that I really don't to take apart the car again. I live in FL in an Apartment (i dont have a garage), so if i do it i need to do it under the 94 degree sun with the 85% humidity.
I will posible fix it lates, for now i just need a temp solution that doesn't break the nice looking.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:09 AM
Anu2g

I used the metra 06 dash kit. It is a perfect fit...meaning there are no gaps or such. I'm sure I installed it properly too. It looks pretty good, it just isn't flush. I wonder if IVA-W200s stick out more in general than other lcd head units. u think I need to come up with a custom solution? If i line the factory mounting brackets in a way that the screen will be flush with the matra trimplate, the holes in the mounting brackets line up with holes on the headunit that aren't threaded. Maybe I can buy some kind of screws that I can fit in those wholes, even tho they aren't threaded. Or, I can drill my own holes in the factory mounting plate.

Quick Reply: 2006 Z, Avic-Z1, JL AMPS, 2 x 10W6v2 - Install Done - Issues & Comments (56K warning)