Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

NEW KENWOOD DNX8120 EXCELON DOUBLE DIN 5.1 RCA 5V PREOUTS (Wicked CAS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 12:49 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by drinkingmymilk
Your talking about the god awful bracket at the bottom where a/c control box is bolted correct?
Yeah. That's it. Anywhere a screw/bolt screws into metal.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:23 AM
BakaN20

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm having a problem. I am stuck in standby mode. None of the other modes are working, and i know i am touching them because they are making an animation. I tried changing my startup image but it wouldn't work, then it started staying in standby mode.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
drinkingmymilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
Yeah. That's it. Anywhere a screw/bolt screws into metal.
Thanks solved the problem Now if I could get this damn iPhone to sync with it and let me hear the people talk back to me. They can hear me speak but I can't hear a word they say. Any ideas on that one?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by 3kgtslflip
I'm having a problem. I am stuck in standby mode. None of the other modes are working, and i know i am touching them because they are making an animation. I tried changing my startup image but it wouldn't work, then it started staying in standby mode.
Did you try doing a reset? Pinhole at the bottom left.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:22 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Thanks solved the problem Now if I could get this damn iPhone to sync with it and let me hear the people talk back to me. They can hear me speak but I can't hear a word they say. Any ideas on that one?
Turn the call volume on your phone to around 70 or 80 percent. Then when you connect a call, hit the volume buttons on the bottom of the HU. The phone volume is separate from the stereo volume. I just made a call and the call was on 24 and my iPod came back on at 20. Hope that helps. If that doesn't work, just send me the iPhone and I'll send you one of my cruddy old phones!

Last edited by TreeFiddyZee; 07-18-2008 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:20 AM
drinkingmymilk

Originally Posted by TreeFiddyZee
Turn the call volume on your phone to around 70 or 80 percent. Then when you connect a call, hit the volume buttons on the bottom of the HU. The phone volume is separate from the stereo volume. I just made a call and the call was on 24 and my iPod came back on at 20. Hope that helps. If that doesn't work, just send me the iPhone and I'll send you one of my cruddy old phones!
Thanks, I'll try that out today.
Old 07-20-2008, 10:27 AM
BakaN20

I actually had to re-input the security code through the settings menu even though i did it at the start. Got it working now, still trying to get the startup screen to stick, i was able to change my background though. Does anyone know how to change the fullscreen mode for when you play mp3 dvd? i hate that pink looking screen.

As for the iphone, I was reading around the apple forums, and somebody said it was either the way it paired to the kenwood, kenwood knows iphone sucks with their units but aren't planning on doing anything, or it might have been because the bluetooth on the iphone isn't that good.

Does anyone know how to change the little tabs on the bottom, the ones that says like, folder, sw, tel, rdm, i want to change the order so i have all the stuff i need in one screen. Thanks!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:39 AM
sbZenth

Originally Posted by Nazar
If you need one just call me, We got our hands slapped for selling them at the Pre-buy price. It made some other venders upset. Call me if you need something.
I am going to buy the excelon. Can you PM me a number or just PM me info?
Old 07-21-2008, 10:09 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sbZenth
I am going to buy the excelon. Can you PM me a number or just PM me info?
603-642-4222
Old 07-21-2008, 10:49 AM
drinkingmymilk

As for the iphone, I was reading around the apple forums, and somebody said it was either the way it paired to the kenwood, kenwood knows iphone sucks with their units but aren't planning on doing anything, or it might have been because the bluetooth on the iphone isn't that good.
Glad you got yours working right. I figured out the iPhone, It was playing to the right front speaker... which for some reason doesn't feel like working any more... I am sure its a loose conection some where back there so I know what I'll be doing tonight. As soon as I set it to play from the left speaker everything worked fine, hence the they herd me and I cant hear them.

Last edited by drinkingmymilk; 07-21-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:03 PM
BakaN20

Glad you got yours working right. I figured out the iPhone, It was playing to the right front speaker... which for some reason doesn't feel like working any more... I am sure its a loose conection some where back there so I know what I'll be doing tonight. As soon as I set it to play from the left speaker everything worked fine, hence the they herd me and I cant hear them.

Thanks. Here is the iphone thread:
http://discussions.apple.com/thread....sageID=7401767
Old 07-25-2008, 05:07 PM
EFLoW

Has anyone had any issues using their standard ipod cable with this HU? The standard cable works fine with the kenwood excelon KDC-X592 that I installed in my girl friend's car, but when I try it with the DDX812 I can navigate through the ipod just fine, but I don't get any sound.

I have a 30gig ipod with color, but no video... I'm not sure of the generation.
Old 07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
milkit

does the ipod connection work with iphone 3g?
Old 08-11-2008, 05:34 PM
BakaN20

I just took my headunit out to install a reverse camera, a front camera, the relay switches, and the gps unit, my goodness!!! I am going crazy, I have never seen so many wires in my life, i don't know how I am going to do this. It is insane. I also have a pac-swi and it just adds more wires, its f-in crazy.
Old 08-11-2008, 05:45 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

I just took my headunit out to install a reverse camera, a front camera, the relay switches, and the gps unit, my goodness!!! I am going crazy, I have never seen so many wires in my life, i don't know how I am going to do this. It is insane. I also have a pac-swi and it just adds more wires, its f-in crazy.
Man. You really sound like you're "wired"!
Old 08-12-2008, 05:23 AM
Nazar
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hop in your Z drive 6.5 Hrs up North to Wicked CAS We will do everything for you, as you relax in our waiting room watching the Olympics.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
BakaN20

Originally Posted by Nazar
Hop in your Z drive 6.5 Hrs up North to Wicked CAS We will do everything for you, as you relax in our waiting room watching the Olympics.

Lol, the funny thing is, this is how I relax! It is an incredible headunit. I recommend anyone to just buy from Nazar, its like, $50 bucks more expensive than ebay, but he is an authorized vendor!!! I just wish the back of the z console wasn't so cramped. I can only imagine if i was doing dual zone, like having sunvisor monitors with different screens on each one and having an a/v input, luckly, i am just putting in 2 video inputs and no outputs. Whats going on with the olympics anyways, usa owning everyone?
Old 08-12-2008, 01:06 PM
ryanmp31

Can anybody tell me where we can download updates for the DNX8120?

I know where to find the Garmin updates for this unit; however, I have not seen/heard how we will be notified when/if patches or firmware upgrades come out for other features of the unit.

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-12-2008, 01:11 PM
kaspia

Originally Posted by ryanmp31
Can anybody tell me where we can download updates for the DNX8120?

I know where to find the Garmin updates for this unit; however, I have not seen/heard how we will be notified when/if patches or firmware upgrades come out for other features of the unit.

Thanks in advance.
I see firmware 2.40 was released on June 24, 2008: http://www8.garmin.com/products/kenwood/

I haven't try it myself but will after work today.

Last edited by kaspia; 08-12-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:53 PM
TreeFiddyZee
Do WHAAAAT!?

Originally Posted by kaspia
I see firmware 2.40 was released on June 24, 2008: http://www8.garmin.com/products/kenwood/

I haven't try it myself but will after work today.
He's asking about Kenwood updates, that's a Garmin. I've done the Garmin update. No biggee. Unless you're a Mac guy (which I am). Had to extract the update on a PC then stick in the car.

Quick Reply: NEW KENWOOD DNX8120 EXCELON DOUBLE DIN 5.1 RCA 5V PREOUTS (Wicked CAS)