MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video-52/)
-   -   Installing Kenwood DDX7032 HU...next step? (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/365600-installing-kenwood-ddx7032-hu-next-step.html)

Big Tav 06-11-2008 03:18 AM

Installing Kenwood DDX7032 HU...next step?

Hi guys, I am installing a Kenwood DDX7032 (Australian Model) Double Din DVD HU. I am installing the Bluetooth module with it plus the Ipod connector. I know I need to get the Metra Kit for it (can you believe they are trying to charge me $140AUD/$130US to buy it over here!)

My question is does anyone thing there is a obvious must do upgrade while I am here? I am pretty happy with the Bose setup and I don't want to start replacing everything as I want to spend my money on other areas. I have spoken to some people and have had 3 different answers.

1. Upgrade the front speakers
2 Upgrade the Amp (then sub)
3 Sound deaden the doors.

Is there anything I would be crazy not to do? Thanks!

Spike100 06-11-2008 06:36 PM

I would do all three things you list. But, you said "I am pretty happy with the Bose setup and I don't want to start replacing everything as I want to spend my money on other areas."

If you are satisfied with the sound, just leave what you have in place.

--Spike
EDIT: My message may seem useless since I forgot to mention that your Kenwood H/U will provide better sound through your existing components than the OEM Bose H/U. You will need a PAC unit to connect the Bose stuff to the Kenwood H/U.

BlueBoxer 06-11-2008 06:56 PM

Chasing the perfect sound gets expensive, there are always new speakers, amps, or models that come out that you will find yourself chasing after. Find what suits you, if the base system is sufficient, so be it. However, I would recommend focusing on a great set of front comps only, don't waste your money on rears or a four channel (unless you are biamping) when you can go with a quality two channel for your front comps. Bass is all about preference so that is your call.

Big Tav 06-12-2008 02:34 AM

The main reason I am replacing it is so I can get Bluetooth and Ipod to work properly (not using a FM adaptor). Should I just get a better set of front speakers and leave it at that?

imabug 06-12-2008 03:32 AM

Originally Posted by Big Tav
The main reason I am replacing it is so I can get Bluetooth and Ipod to work properly (not using a FM adaptor). Should I just get a better set of front speakers and leave it at that?

not really... you would need a better amp to power your new front speakers.. so if you are not going to upgrade the amp then it's best you don't get new speakers...

Big Tav 06-12-2008 05:53 AM

Is the Metra Kit still the one to get? My local shop is trying to charge me $130US for a Kit. I want to buy one myself and just give it to him. He is not deliberately trying to rip me off because 3 seperate places told me the same price.

Does anyone have a pic of the exact bit that needs to be cut out? I want to do it so he doesn't whinge that I should have bought his kit.

Thanks

Big Tav 06-17-2008 12:47 PM

Any help with the Metra kit question?

Big Tav 06-25-2008 06:29 PM

Anyone else?