MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video-52/)
-   -   Installed: Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD w/pics (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/427059-installed-pioneer-avh-p3100dvd-w-pics.html)

dragonfire6 04-13-2009 08:52 AM

^^ that's correct

dragonfire6 04-13-2009 10:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
to anyone who went with the 3100...

i found this Super Talent 8gb USB flash drive at CompUSA today for only $25 :thumbup:

defex 04-15-2009 07:23 AM

dragonfire, how long does it take for the radio to index and load all the files on your usb after you start the car? I know another radio I had took at least 5 minutes to organize everything before I could begin browsing. Is this the case with the pioneer?

skillkiller21 04-15-2009 08:25 AM

installed my unit in today and i love it. I just have have a question on how can i play my ipod so the songs come up on the screen? cause the only way i been able to play my ipod so far is with the aux and it just comes up with a blank screen

defex 04-15-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by skillkiller21 (Post 7209248)
installed my unit in today and i love it. I just have have a question on how can i play my ipod so the songs come up on the screen? cause the only way i been able to play my ipod so far is with the aux and it just comes up with a blank screen

you need the ipod usb adapter sold seperately;)

skillkiller21 04-15-2009 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by defex (Post 7209530)
you need the ipod usb adapter sold seperately;)

how much are they?

dragonfire6 04-15-2009 12:41 PM

defex, everything loads within a few seconds (if that) mind you, i didnt fill up the entire 8gb's of memory with music and pics but its very fast imo... when u pull up the music folder, it will list song files (about 5 on a screen at a time) and u can press the scroll bar or drag your finger along it (kinda like a iphone) to jump through your song list... creating different folders for playlists works well for me...

the special cord required to link up with the iphone and show video along cover art is the pioneer cd-iu50v... about $40ish... i'm actually disappointed that you have to plug this cord into the front of the head unit... i wanted to run the cable to the cubby or center console... i won't be buying it...

neosolipsism 04-15-2009 01:06 PM

I said the hell with USB sticks. I use an IDE hard drive out of a computer I found on the side of the road and mounted in the compartment behind the driver's seat. I call it "The Poor Man's I-Pod".

Even an old hard drive will hold a shitload more music than a stick, and can be picked up for like $10. But you will also need an IDE to USB converter, power inverter (even though computers run off 12 and 5V, the IDE adapter will most likely come with a 110V), and spend some time reformatting the drive from NTSF to FAT32 file system. I did it all for bout $50. Will take some pics sometime.

neosolipsism 04-15-2009 01:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here we go. Yeah its bulky, but you don't see it and there's no need to carry around a bunch of USB sticks in case you happen to have gigs of music. Its all right there all the time.

skillkiller21 04-16-2009 12:18 PM

im confused on what usb to buy for my ipod or iphone and how it works

kyx4n 04-16-2009 12:41 PM

its this if im not mistaken

http://www.amazon.com/Pioneer-CD-IU5...d_bxgy_e_img_b

***XcalibadboyX 05-25-2009 01:58 AM

how can i remove the original bose stereo? thanks for help

pcdoctor 05-29-2009 09:39 PM

I think I'm going to try and install this unit next weekend.
I plan on purchasing a two wire toggle switch.
Can someone help a Z girl out?
Do I connect the Pioneer harness parking brake wire (green wire) and Pioneer harness ground wire (black wire) to the two prong switch or is there another way that you have to do this installation? Thanks for helping a Z girl out.

snobird 05-29-2009 10:03 PM

pretty good price, we have it on sale now where i work for $379 plus tax

also good job on install looks good

DarkHero 06-01-2009 09:09 PM

Why buy the I-Pod cable?

Question, if it has a frount mounted USB cable is it at all possible to connect the USB/IPOD connector to the front of the faceplate? I know that It wouldn't look as good as a hidden one.

What about other head units? Anyone had luck being able to play music straight from their Ipod/Iphone by connecting it to a front USB port?

neosolipsism 06-08-2009 07:09 AM

I've found most USB stereos will control an I-Pod directly with no adapter so long as you make sure the I-Pod is in "manual" mode. You'll find this option in I-Tunes at the bottom somewhere there will be an option labelled something to the extent of "Manually Manage Data". This will order the I-Pod to act as a regular hard drive rather than immediately looking for software (ie syncing). Some radios I know this will work: Kenwood X493, MP642U, HD942U, Alpine CDE-102, CDA-105, CDA-9886, and Pioneer P5100UB.

It also depends on your I-Pod though. Some older models have no hard drive function.

IbarraZ33 06-08-2009 10:24 PM

receiving mine on Wednesday, possibly DIY on Thursday.. pretty excited !! got mine for $322 firm on Amazon. getting my 8w7 w/ 500/1 jL audio amp next week !

any problems i should be looking for when i try to install. any interruptions with the bose audio system?

paintballguy666 06-11-2009 10:58 PM

okay i just got a pioneer avh-p3100 dvd. both my i-phone and my ipod works just fine with the apple USB power cord,comes up on the screen with device control and everything. is there an additional usb input in the back of the HU so that you can hide the cables. also i am going to bypass the parking break feature. if you need to know how to do this google pioneer avh-p 3100 parking break bypass the second option is a youtube video that shows you how to do it.

my question that i would like to add is i have a shitload of movies i want to put onto a USB powered harddrive so that I can play all of my movies in my car when ever i want.

1. is that possible
2. is there a certain type of file i can use because i would like it to be like the digital copy that comes with the newer DVD's
3. how can i make it possible

thanks for any help

paint

loudrims_inc 06-12-2009 10:35 AM

Damm...u guys r good, i just placed an order for the unit on ebaY, i hope my install looks as good as all of yours...im gona print these pages out and use them as my instruction guide haha...

Originally Posted by ajc99z (Post 7186430)
2-3 weeks ago ebay had an 8% off coupon on all electronics. A couple days prior, i got an email from Paypal regarding the 15% off. Basically, as long as you used buy it now on Ebay and payed with PP you were eligible for the 15% up $100 cash back. So, according to the fine print, the money back should show up in my account in the latter half of this month.

Google ebates, pretty cool site.

If you sign up, feel free to use my email as a referrer ;)

ajc99z@gmail.com

Dragonfire, nice write up on the switch. Surprisingly simple to do.

i used ya email as a reference so u should have a $5 coupon

loudrims_inc 06-12-2009 12:21 PM

it was $306 on ebay with free shipping(which is a pretty good deal) and paid $275.40 using 10% ebay coupon!! thanks "discountsounds"!!