Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Need Help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 02:36 PM
Michael_Torpey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Please!!

ok....i installed a new head unit. everything was fine. used the metra kit...and nissan harness.

i bought the custom DIN "Z" plate from Wadd and extremespeedonline.com/sk

i installed that DIN plate with an extra LED light strip wired into the harness. everything worked great....except the radio. the tuner was now not working....i though that maybe i had not reconnected the antenna. so i looked....everything was connected....

then i realized that the antenna was acting like a ground...there is a wire connection on the harness that looks like the ground...but does not continue through on the other half of the plug.

i figured that i burnt out the tuner in my HU. but the CD player was still working fine. i shut my car off and returned about an hour later to see if i could slove the problem.....

when i turned the key....the radio did not power up..and i did not have any lights on the dash....or the center instrument cluser.
the oil PSI and the battery voltage meter are working but not lit....and the LED display(mph/dte/mpg/stopwatch/ etc) will not come one.

i figured that i must have blown a fuse. so i checked. first the fuse marked "radio" in the engine compartment.....then systematically checking every fuse in all 3 boxes. the third being the hidden one behind th battery.

i dont know what else to do????? please anyone?????