MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Audio & Video (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video-52/)
-   -   No sound from speakers (https://my350z.com/forum/audio-and-video/617318-no-sound-from-speakers.html)

Nathan Huit 09-20-2017 06:58 PM

No sound from speakers

I have a 2004 Touring with Bose stereo. I have no sound at all coming from my speakers. My head unit works perfectly fine, it picks up all radio stations, Bluetooth connects, aux and CD player work etc.. Its like my radio is muted but it’s not. I’ve checked all fuses including on the head unit and those are good. I’ve also checked the wire connections on head unit and those are good also. Also I’ve had this kenwood headunit for about 3 years and haven’t had any issues until recently. Hopefully someone has had a similar situation and can help me.

djnekkon 09-20-2017 07:04 PM

so you have a Bose and a Kenwood unit installed. sorry I am a little lost, but willing to help.

Nathan Huit 09-20-2017 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by djnekkon (Post 10916223)
so you have a Bose and a Kenwood unit installed. sorry I am a little lost, but willing to help.

sorry I should have clarified, the head unit is kenwood and the speakers are Bose.

travlee 09-21-2017 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Nathan Huit (Post 10916221)
I have a 2004 Touring with Bose stereo. I have no sound at all coming from my speakers. My head unit works perfectly fine, it picks up all radio stations, Bluetooth connects, aux and CD player work etc.. Its like my radio is muted but it’s not. I’ve checked all fuses including on the head unit and those are good. I’ve also checked the wire connections on head unit and those are good also. Also I’ve had this kenwood headunit for about 3 years and haven’t had any issues until recently. Hopefully someone has had a similar situation and can help me.

has it ever worked in this car? do the speakers pop if you put a battery on them, have you removed the radio and hooked a speaker directly to the outputs (bypassing the bose amps)

come on dude, dont be lazy. basic troubleshooting should tell you what it is, but that appears to be a skill you are lacking

Heel Til I Die 09-21-2017 05:14 AM

If you used the PAC module (which you should have when running an aftermarket HU with Bose speakers), have you checked that to make sure it didn't crap out?

dboyzalter 09-21-2017 06:53 AM

Bypass amp, buy new speakers, or better yet bypass amp and run new speaker wire.

zakmartin 09-21-2017 09:47 AM

Now would be a good time to rip all the Bose garbage out of the trunk and behind the driver's seat and just re-wire the speakers and enjoy the good sound you get straight from the Kenwood HU.

Timber 03-27-2018 08:27 AM

350Z Bose radio speakers inop.

Originally Posted by Nathan Huit (Post 10916221)

We had the same issue with our 2004 Z convertible with Bose. I pulled the speaker amp out of the trunk and removed the bracket. During this I noticed the part label on the amp was yellowed. I pulled the cover off, flipped the circuit board over and found a burned spot on the board. I replaced the amp and tunes again...😉.