Notices
Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

03 Track 350Z Wiring Colour Code & Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 11:58 PM
Rytan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Track 350Z Wiring Colour Code & Install

Hi guys and girls, new to the forum I changed out the headunit on my 03 track edition last week and had heaps of dramas trying to find wiring diagram & colour code so just wanted to throw this up to help out anyone who might be in the same situation. I have the Bose system no nav no steering wheel controls.

White/blue: Constant 12V
Pink/Black: Accessories
Green/White: Power Ant
Red/Blue: Illumination
Purple/Red: Amp Power On
Grey: Amp Ground
Red FR +
Green FR -
Orange FL +
White FL -
Black yellow RL -
Light green RL +
Pink RR +
Blue RR -

So to start all I bought was a SWM 8802 ebay special it had everything I wanted (mechless, mirrorlink capable) and it puts out good enough sound for now until I upgrade the whole system I even made the headunit surround out of the old bose headunit faceplate which I hit with a die grinder until it fit (I dont recommend this it took me hours I just forgot to buy a facia surround)

First I ran new power and ground direct from the battery (something I've always done on headunit installs) just get into the passenger footwell (left hand side) look up to the left and theres a big grommet with wiring running through to the engine bay just used a screwdriver to make a small hole and ran the twin core up to the battery. Connect up headunit 12V constant to that power, then I joined my ground from my headunit, and the amp ground wire to the ground wire I installed from the battery, you can also install the handbrake wire into this if you want to be able to run video while you're driving but it isn't legal for street use so I'm not condoning it. Next connect up your power antenna wire, my headunit didnt have an amp power wire so I also connected this into the power antenna circuit. Connect up your illumination wire then you're ready to wire in your speaker wires, normally because these are line outs to your amp they would be run to RCA's but after reading Busters solution to low volume output that you're better off just wiring these straight into your speaker wires, so connect them all up and give it a test. I had good results out of this so I hope it helps.

If theres anything you want me to add to this or if you want a diagram I'm happy to draw one up.

If theres anything on the post that doesnt confirm to admin standards just let me know and I'll change it.

Old 08-24-2018, 04:38 AM
jdmfetish

Received 125 Likes on 94 Posts

9 posts up
the 1st one in the sticky section
Old 08-24-2018, 05:08 AM
Rytan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah mate completely different wire colours and no install instructions which is why I did this write up to help anyone that is in the same situation as I was