Audio & Video 350Z Mobile entertainment and other electronics

Playstation 2 Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 12:42 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by BoostTed
i suggest going to radio shack and pick up this one. Ive seen some of the cheaper ones fail or not work as advertised.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-146
thanks
Old 08-08-2004, 02:56 PM
jreiter

My PS2 install. Fits fantastic in the glove box behind the passenger seat.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....threadid=86762

As far as using it while driving, no way. I would never do that. I typically don't even talk on my cell phone while driving! However, I use it a lot when I'm sitting waiting for things. One of my big uses is while I'm at the laundromat. I usually read a book, but sometimes I'm in the mood for a game or a movie.
Old 08-08-2004, 03:12 PM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Enough of the fighting - velodev, if you don't like the thread that is being started (for whatever reason), you are welcome to voice that you think it is unsafe, but you started off calling him a 'kid', and that's uncalled for. Just drop it already guys.
Old 08-08-2004, 05:27 PM
velodev

I came back to this thread to apologize. I did thread crap and Mannish and I discussed it and again, I apologize.

But, Jill... I just checked my posts. I never used the word kid in any of them. PUREVIL did... I think you read the thread wrong.

Listen DUDE, this is a forum not some lame A$$ game being played by kids such as yourself. Grow Up Kid!

I suggest you quit posting if you do not have anything constructive too say. Nuff Said!
Old 08-14-2004, 09:14 PM
DriftinZ

I just finished my screen an ps2 today. Came out awesome! Wish I had a digi camera, my buddy that did most of the install has one an took a few pics. Ill have to get him to send them to me so i can post them in here. I didnt have nav so we molded a 7" alpine screen into the spot were the factory nav would go. I'm still running a stock deck so i had to get a fm modulator. I went to the local Mullet Mart (Walmart) and picked up a beautiful 32$ power converter. Running both the converter and "the brain for the screen" off the cig lighter. I used that little layout in the glove box to flush in the PS2, kinda cool all you have to do is trace out the bottom of the PS2 and then cut out the traced out section on that little layout thingy, wha-la...flushed PS2. I deff. have to get some pics cause im very happy with the results.....do the wireless ps2 remotes work? Will they be able to work even with the glove box door closed? Oh and i watched bad boys II today WHILE driving.
Old 08-14-2004, 09:19 PM
SEzzz

that's how i did mine

just make sure you get a power inverter that doesn't kill the cig plug fuse...i did that with the first one.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:47 PM
jreiter

Originally posted by SEzzz
that's how i did mine
just make sure you get a power inverter that doesn't kill the cig plug fuse...i did that with the first one.
Holy moly man! You need some wireless controllers.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:04 PM
murrman100

Holy crap!
Call the clean up crew and get that junk tight.
Get that getto outta here, bring in the shop vac cleaner
and get the wire-less controllers!
Old 08-16-2004, 08:23 AM
SEzzz

i think i might take the whole think out and use that compartment for something better

i wanna build in a power supply and have a walkie-talkie charger built in for my radios, a batter charger for my police scanner and solo radar detector, and maybe a charger for my camcorder battery?

that is how thau shall pimp thy compartment instead of that nasty x-box i got for $40
Old 08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
jreiter

solo radar detector

Nooo! This is almost a religious war, but I personally would recommend *against* wireless radar detectors. Test after test always show that wireless units don't work even close to as well as wired units. Seriously, my advice for radar detectors is this:

Get *at least* a Passport 8500 or preferably a Valentine 1. Remember that a poor radar detector will likely get your more tickets than not having one at all. A V1 is worth every penny if you like to speed on the freeway.
Old 08-16-2004, 02:54 PM
murrman100

i think i might take the whole think out and use that compartment for something better

i wanna build in a power supply and have a walkie-talkie charger built in for my radios, a batter charger for my police scanner and solo radar detector, and maybe a charger for my camcorder battery?

that is how thau shall pimp thy compartment instead of that nasty x-box i got for $40
Where did you get an x-box for $40?
Old 08-16-2004, 05:05 PM
SEzzz

from this kid

hahahaha

he's actually an awsome guy, one of my best friends, we just like to bust each other's ***** a lot
Old 08-16-2004, 05:14 PM
SEzzz

and I do really really want a V1 but I don't have a penny to my name right now...

anyone wanna trade a V1 for a Solo S2?

i think I could pull it off if I sold my S2 and detailed a few cars. How much does a V1 run for?
Old 08-17-2004, 12:29 PM
jreiter

and I do really really want a V1 but I don't have a penny to my name right now...
i think I could pull it off if I sold my S2 and detailed a few cars. How much does a V1 run for?

New from the V1 site they run $399. You can pick them up on Ebay for less sometimes. The deal is that they hold their value completely, since they are the single best detector on the market. Also, Valentine has an upgrade plan, so you can send in your detector and have it upgraded to the most recent version. Cost is dependent on how old your detector version is. The Ebay cost of a used one is often just the new price ($399) minus the cost to upgrade it to new.

The important thing to remember is that a cheap detector can give you a false sense of security. I'd say it's better to have none than have a cheap one, and just drive cautiously.
Old 08-17-2004, 12:54 PM
murrman100

Originally posted by jreiter

The important thing to remember is that a cheap detector can give you a false sense of security. I'd say it's better to have none than have a cheap one, and just drive cautiously.
Thats true. A cop doesn't have to have his radar on to give you a speeding ticket.
Old 08-17-2004, 08:21 PM
SEzzz

that's what the scanner's for

btw, zand, you ever find the right inverter?