Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Need help building an audio system

Old 07-31-2012, 09:33 AM
TJSasser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Need help building an audio system

Hello 350z owners, looking at replacing the stock stereo system (non bose) in my 350z.
Im wanting to make a decently loud but not bzzzzz bzzzz loud system with great quailty sounding system.

New head unit i picked : Pioneer AVH-P1400 DVD
For everything else im stuck between two brands which are DD Audio and Rockford Fosgate.

I know ill be needing
1 inch tweeters
2 standard 6.5 speakers
2 mid-range 6.5 sub/speaker
Amp
Want:
2 12 inch subwoofers

Soo any advise or pointers would be very helpfull either continue the thread or pm me
Thanks
Old 09-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Collin Lacy

So you want 2 12's and not buzz buzz? I have 2 tens under my hatch bar, and I'm getting rid of one because when I crank it I feel like the car is going to break apart.

I'm a bit confused by your "needs" list.
1 inch tweeters. Okay, ya you need these, but they're generally sold as a set with your 6.5 inch speaker for ease of compatibility and install.
2 "standard" 6.5s. What does standard mean? is this the quality?
2 "mid-range" 6.5 sub/speaker again, what?
want:
Maybe go a little less on the subs, but that's up to you.

As for brands, both of those are well known and respected. I would personally go with RF out of those two because they're headquartered in Arizona where I'm located but that's about it.

What you actually need:
-Head unit, the pioneer you said.
-1 set of Component speakers. This is a pair of 6.5 inches for the lower doors, tweeters for the sails, and crossovers for tuning and separating frequencies.
-An amp to power said component speakers
-Speaker wire and an amp kit to install everything.

The rear 350z speakers are useless, even upgraded. Save the money you would spend on those and put them into nicer front speakers or your sub/amp.
Old 09-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Collin Lacy

I forgot to ask, but why those two brands anyway? You've got one that isn't quite mainstream, DD, and you've got one you see everywhere, RF.

Last edited by Collin Lacy; 09-21-2012 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Bruno350z

Originally Posted by Collin Lacy
So you want 2 12's and not buzz buzz? I have 2 tens under my hatch bar, and I'm getting rid of one because when I crank it I feel like the car is going to break apart.

I'm a bit confused by your "needs" list.
1 inch tweeters. Okay, ya you need these, but they're generally sold as a set with your 6.5 inch speaker for ease of compatibility and install.
2 "standard" 6.5s. What does standard mean? is this the quality?
2 "mid-range" 6.5 sub/speaker again, what?
want:
Maybe go a little less on the subs, but that's up to you.

As for brands, both of those are well known and respected. I would personally go with RF out of those two because they're headquartered in Arizona where I'm located but that's about it.

What you actually need:
-Head unit, the pioneer you said.
-1 set of Component speakers. This is a pair of 6.5 inches for the lower doors, tweeters for the sails, and crossovers for tuning and separating frequencies.
-An amp to power said component speakers
-Speaker wire and an amp kit to install everything.

The rear 350z speakers are useless, even upgraded. Save the money you would spend on those and put them into nicer front speakers or your sub/amp.
Agree with most of this except for the rear speakers. They aren't useless, I had my rear speakers disconnected for a week due to wires becoming lose on the back of the speaker and I couldn't stand it. The music wasn't the same, get rear speakers lol
Subs; I have 2 10's and its more then enough. I'm pushing maybe 200 watts per sub when the rms of it is 300 and my headunit is set at -2 for base, which makes it even less power to the subs. Get either 1 12, or 2 10's but if you get 2 10's turn the gain on the amp down and the "equalizer" on your HU down or it'll just buzz and sound terrible. I suggest 1 12, my mistake was going 2 10's instead of 1 12