Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

Roadster Parrott install and SQ choice poll?

Old 01-06-2013, 11:25 AM
goracerx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roadster Parrott install and SQ choice poll?

All the searchable system setups are for the coupe and most are crazy overkill.

So the Head unit I want is the new Parrot. I'm actually hoping I can fit it where the stock Navi' goes and leave the OEM stereo to make the car look stock.

Amp choice 1.
JL Audio 500/5 - I'd have to cut up the passenger glove box for custom install.

Amp choice 2.
500/1 and 300/2 - I have a hard time matching components with that much power but ive seen them stacked in the passenger glove box in coupes. Also, I'd have to use the head unit for rear fill power.

leftover speaker choice 1.
Eclipse 5.25" separates with 6.5" adapters in the fronts.
Eclipse Soundsource 5x7 with 6" adapters rear (Xovers mounted on speaker).
Infinity Perfect 10" subwoofer in ZenClosure.

Budget choice 2.
Focal 165's in the fronts.
Audiobahn 6.5" midbass rear fill 3ohm (not sure if enclosed or not)

Expensive choice 3.
Focal PS165 or JL Audio C3650 (both 80w and silk tweets)
Image Dynamics 3ohm 6.5" rear fill midbass
Boston Acoustics G310 subwoofer in ZenClosure.

I don't want to do the project twice. I'm not sure if Dynamat would be enough for the midbass or the need boxes. Choice one is free but I prefer silk over aluminum but I really don't want to spend too much money either.

If you have used any of my listed choices and/or you've done a Roadster install then i'd like your opinion.
Old 02-15-2013, 08:27 PM
goracerx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Parrot is out (no release date). Pioneer is in, with the newest AVH 8500 app radio which should ship next month.

I really wanted the Focal PS but was reading the tweets don't kick in until 4k and although they are night as bright as MB Quart, they aren't as warm as silk. Moreover, I think they wouldn't fit in the stock location. So I got a deal on JL Audio C3600's.

The tweets have two cups but neither is angled and it's an extremely tight fit. I like the flush mount but i'm worried about not angling them towards the rear view or windshield. I am debating mounting them coaxial style (any thoughts on this?)

I haven't bought he mid bass rear fill yet. The Audiobahn is rated at 300rms. I've bought a set of 4x6's from them and I would say the true RMS is 1/4 as they rate in pairs and have to be max (not RMS) becuase they sound perfect with the head units 12w but they couldn't handle JL's 25w.

The plan is to mount the 500/5 either in the cubby with the sub or somewhere inside there without cutting up the glove box. Also, my Infinity perfect 10.1 will do 200w in free air and I will feed it 250w. If I can't mount the amp like I want then ill get a box for the sub.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:16 PM
Jermaine2us

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goracerx
All the searchable system setups are for the coupe and most are crazy overkill.

So the Head unit I want is the new Parrot. I'm actually hoping I can fit it where the stock Navi' goes and leave the OEM stereo to make the car look stock.

Amp choice 1.
JL Audio 500/5 - I'd have to cut up the passenger glove box for custom install.

Amp choice 2.
500/1 and 300/2 - I have a hard time matching components with that much power but ive seen them stacked in the passenger glove box in coupes. Also, I'd have to use the head unit for rear fill power.

leftover speaker choice 1.
Eclipse 5.25" separates with 6.5" adapters in the fronts.
Eclipse Soundsource 5x7 with 6" adapters rear (Xovers mounted on speaker).

Budget choice 2.
Focal 165's in the fronts.
Audiobahn 6.5" midbass rear fill 3ohm (not sure if enclosed or not)

Expensive choice 3.
Focal PS165 or JL Audio C3650 (both 80w and silk tweets)
Image Dynamics 3ohm 6.5" rear fill midbass
Boston Acoustics G310 subwoofer in ZenClosure.

I don't want to do the project twice. I'm not sure if Dynamat would be enough for the midbass or the need boxes. Choice one is free but I prefer silk over aluminum but I really don't want to spend too much money either.

If you have used any of my listed choices and/or you've done a Roadster install then i'd like your opinion.

Any luck on your roadster build? i'm also looking to upgrade my audio system in my ZR and I have some leftover speakers from my previous car. What did you decide to do for the install and did you install it yourself?