Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

"Midnight" Speaker/Stereo Project Time

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 07:28 AM
Yrant88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Midnight" Speaker/Stereo Project Time

Hey everyone

So I am a proud new owner of a 2004 350z base model "non-bose system". I have just purchased 2 pair Kicker DS65 6.5" Coax Speakers that were on said for about 39 dollars on Amazon total of 87 bucks for the two pair anyway. project time. I'm looking at getting a new head unit and I def. need to replace the tweeters.

The head unit I have in mind is a Pioneer AVH-X3500BHS 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1 WVGA. Im not too worried about navigation for the Head Unit but I am wanting Satellite Radio and Iphone 5 interface. (this will get expensive lol)

The other thing I need to look at is how many amp's will I need and what would you all suggest? my question really is what amp should I run for speakers/tweeters and what amp should I run for 2 10'' kicker subs?

anyway. I also got a wiring harness for "Midnight" and it was 5 bucks on amazon. not sure how long everything will be on sale for but just wanting to help anyone else that may want to do upgrades like i am

--- Black 2004 350z Base Model --- "Midnight"
Old 12-07-2013, 08:09 AM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Too many audio build threads already here to count. Use the search function, learn, and make your decisions.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:27 AM
JCITY
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down Agree!

Originally Posted by dcains
Too many audio build threads already here to count. Use the search function, learn, and make your decisions.
Geez--put the audio stuff in a sock.
Go to Best Buy .
Old 12-07-2013, 10:47 AM
Yrant88

im actually installing myself. i dont trust best buy, frys, or audio express. they do shitty jobs. but alright. my bad guys.
Old 12-07-2013, 02:00 PM
07maximan

Originally Posted by Yrant88
im actually installing myself. i dont trust best buy, frys, or audio express. they do shitty jobs. but alright. my bad guys.
Unfortunately there are many members here who aren't very helpful, get used to it.

I do a lot of audio work on my cars and friends cars so here's my advice...

Get some help. Based on the questions your asking you don't really have enough knowledge to do a project like this. The install can be easy,but the problem can and will be trouble shooting. If you get a hum do you know where to start to look?? Even for some one like me with experience this can be very frustrating and time consuming.

Have you had a bad experience at Best Buy? Forget about all the crap you read on the internet from haters. Some have bad and some have great experiences. I had them install a remote start on my Maxima and they did a great job. Good thing about letting some one else do it is it will be done right. If you do have a problem take it backand they will fix it. I believe it's a life time warranty on the install.