Notices
Audio Builds Audio projects and builds from my350z members

2008 Z with Bose and No NAV Wiring Diagram needed

Old 12-29-2016, 12:50 PM
mjsmikey

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2008 Z with Bose and No NAV Wiring Diagram needed

Can someone tell me the wiring diagram color codes for the Front Right and Left Speakers? There are 4 (2x tweaters and 2x Door Speakers). I assume they go to the Amplifier in the Trunk but the colors located at the door where the speakers plug in are not visible in the trunk, so I can't figure out which goes where. I am prepared to re-run all new wires, but Why when I the current colors are there.

I have a 2008 350z which had Satellite and Bose Factory Radio. So far I have removed the Factory Stereo, put in a NEX 4200, Run 3 sets of RCA's to a 5 channel amp, replaced the Rear Speakers and Sub, running new wires for the Rear Speakers. (Everything works) Where I'm lost is picking up the wires for the fronts. Since they run through a connector to the door, I don't want to run another wire, since that dirties everything up.

Please Help! I don't want to spend a few more hours with the door panels off pinning out this thing.
Attached Thumbnails 2008 Z with Bose and No NAV Wiring Diagram needed-350z-wiring-diagram.jpg  
Old 12-29-2016, 02:00 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Sorry I can't answer you question directly, but I will tell you it's a bad idea to use the OEM Bose door speakers with any aftermarket amp. The impedance of the Bose speakers is ~2 ohms, and the amp will be looking for 4 - 8 ohms.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:30 PM
mjsmikey

DCains, I don't think you understand. I have removed and replaced all the speakers. The only thing left from the original system is the wires running from the Door Speakers through the connectors on the doors. Somewhere, probably at the connectors the color changes, and I can't tell what color it becomes because the connector is deep under the dash and I can't see both sides.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:36 PM
dcains

Ah, you only mentioned the rears in your first post, but it's good that you've also replaced the front's. My '08 is non-Bose, and I just tapped into the speaker wires at the harness behind the radio, but it's been so long I didn't keep my install notes.

Try googling "350z audio wiring diagrams", nd you'll see quite a few schematics will come up.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:45 PM
mjsmikey

I tried all those searches. Unfortunately the diagrams shown are pre 2008 and show a different system. I have the next generation and I'm wondering if they used it for any other car...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:00 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Get a voltmeter and check for continuity. Set to appropriate setting, put one probe on the positive speaker wire you identified in the door at the speaker. Then probe the wires in the car side one by one. Depending on your brand of voltmeter it will either beep continously or show stable zero once you probe the positive wire. Repeat for the negative wire. If you haven't done this before you can google and watch a few videos
Old 12-29-2016, 03:00 PM
travlee
Master

Received 9,044 Likes on 6,510 Posts

go to best buy or somewhere, find the adapter for your car... it usually has the color layout on the back of it.... just take a picture of it. worst case, buy it then return it after you figure it out and say it didnt work
Old 12-29-2016, 03:27 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

That's another easy way do it except you don't have to tell them it didn't work. Lol. They accept returns whether it works or not.
Old 12-29-2016, 03:33 PM
mjsmikey

Actually I originally put in the new head unit without changing all the speakers (stayed with Bose speakers). It really sounded like crap, so I after a month or so, I'm doing the speaker and amp change. The original wiring kit only interfaced the new HU to the old wiring harness and used a special LOC to get back to the original wiring voltage that went to the amplifier in. I'm getting rid of all of that because of the amp, so now I just need to know which wires go where and this 32 pin connector doesn't make it easy.
Old 12-29-2016, 04:46 PM
dcains

Found the AV manual on my harddrive. This should have what you need. Here's a download link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Z%20-%20av.pdf
The following users liked this post:
mjsmikey (12-29-2016)
Old 12-30-2016, 09:30 AM
mjsmikey

Done! Sounds amazing! THANK YOU!

So I was a bit concerned about jumping in by the old amp because when I buzzed it out, I was getting 4 wires that were positive on the 32 pin connector, which really didn't make sense, so I grabbed the wire cluster from under the dash, by the door, and trimmed all the tape off, located the wires suggested (they were twisted (there were only 2 pair of twisted wires), and spliced in my new wires. I'm not sure what else the wires where going to/from, but they are all gone now.

Once I figured out what was what the whole process was about 6 hours, and really I didn't have to take off that big mess from around the spare tire.

Again I really appreciate your help finding that manual. I searched the internet for hours and all I could find was 2003-2006 stuff.
Old 12-30-2016, 02:56 PM
dcains

Glad you got it finished. You really should have the factory service manual, and the whole thing is downloadable from the nicoclub site:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/350Z/cou...oupe+Roadster/

Search this Thread