Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Any of this sound familiar

Old 07-03-2006, 02:51 AM
OZ_350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any of this sound familiar

Hi all. Been on the US site quite a bit and wanted to know what experiences you guys have been having with the dealers here in OZ. Im pretty sick of getting the run around on issues that seem quite common when I read the threads in the states.
Tyre feathering for example - I had major noise coming from my tyres at about 15,000kms. Told the dealer about it at my last service and they told me they would check the alignment and settings of the front wheels but that I would have to pay for it to be re-set which I think is a bit unjust. I've heard of stories where the dealer has replaced tyres which is not what im asking for here but in my opinion they should at least acknowledge that it was a mnaufacturers fault to start with and do teh right thing by pople and rectify teh problem. Unfortunately, im not getting much love from my dealer on this problem and a few others at the moment. Apparently, Nissan Australia has releaseed a technical bulletin outliing the tyre problem to all dealers so I assume they must all be in on the story and know exactly how to respond. After getting sick of the stories I had been told, decided to rotate the front tyres resulting in the tyre place damaging my rims so Ive gone out and bought a brand new set off ebay for $900 (which was a good buy). WOuld be interested to know if you guys had any success with stuff like this or is everyone getting teh run-around like I am. Thanks
Old 07-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Z350Lover

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have no problem with my tyres at all though... and I cannot recall anyone got their tyre swapped for free because of the feathering issues...

sorry to hear that mate and things get sorted out for ya!

cheers,

richie
Old 07-09-2006, 11:48 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Had good wear on the RE040's, even if they are a horrible tyre. Only slight wear front right on the inside, adjusted at next alignment and they were fine.

Now running the German GSD3's, which I find for NZ roads to be good as they have been on other high performance cars I've owned.