Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

Cruz's with people around Melbourne, Oz.

Old 12-26-2006, 02:47 AM
johnnytank

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Cruz's with people around Melbourne, Oz.

I just got my Z and wanting to do a whole heap of stuff to it. Would be nice to talk to people in the know and cruz a bit, so if ur in the area drop us an email.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:17 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey there, welcome to the forum. Not much help being over in NZ, but welcome anyway.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:22 PM
johnnytank

Hey thanks! I've seen ur name about the forums a bit. How long have u had ur z and what hav u done to it?
Old 12-28-2006, 02:52 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Haha, so much for a low profile. lol

Had my zed since new, 2 years 8 months. Only changed tyres for decent GS-D3's, nothing else as yet. Once zed is a better mechanical state plan was to supercharge, new brakes and rotors and heaps of other go fast bits. Looking for at least 400rwkw's, so about 600bhp. But then I could always go another faster sports car.

So what are your plans for your zed???? What spec/trim did you buy??

Are the Auzzie 300zx club guys amenable to having 350's cruise along with them? I know from a 300zx mate of mine in Sydney they don't seem to have many meets.
Old 12-29-2006, 05:47 AM
johnnytank

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
Haha, so much for a low profile. lol

Had my zed since new, 2 years 8 months. Only changed tyres for decent GS-D3's, nothing else as yet. Once zed is a better mechanical state plan was to supercharge, new brakes and rotors and heaps of other go fast bits. Looking for at least 400rwkw's, so about 600bhp. But then I could always go another faster sports car.

So what are your plans for your zed???? What spec/trim did you buy??

Are the Auzzie 300zx club guys amenable to having 350's cruise along with them? I know from a 300zx mate of mine in Sydney they don't seem to have many meets.
I was wanting to get it up to around 400kw@wheels as well. I got he 2003 touring model. I don't know anything really about cars so please don't think I try to sound like it. Planning on twin turbo's, front mount inter-cooler, re-work engine, new exhaust system, wet NOS injection system, brembo brakes, possibly new suspension and taking her to the dyno's. Peformance is the last thing I was planning on doing coz it costs so much. I'm paying off a house at the moment as well so haven't got funds to burn yet.

Definitely planning on gettin a new 4 piece street body kit, scissor doors, touch screen alpine dvd player, two new alpine subs, 3 new PDX alpine amps and new alpine splits. Wanted to change the centre console to red fibre glass and put in a centre speaker where the navman normally goes. Red LED's inside and under the car with missle switches to activate them. Oh yeah and brand new 20's, deep dish chrome 2005 verde scorpions. Still undecided about going chrome or black with the chrome lip, still deep dish 20's. I was even thinking of going 22's for the rear.

You really shouldn't have asked the question. I tend to ramble on a bit about my dreams of mods. Sorry bout that. I'm only just started to get into this industry. Been buying up mags and trying to read up on different mods. Its so damn addictive, its great!!

Thanks for finding that site for me the Nissan Datsun club. I was thinking of joining but it looked a bit like for older folk, no offence if you are but I'm 25 and think the rest of the world is old. lol

Dunno about the 300zx guys, there's really not that much of them here I reckon. There's more 350's going about then the zx. I guess they'll all be in the Nissan Datsun Club. I think Melbourne's mod scene is a bit slow from what I can gather. Perth, Sydney and even Brisbane seem to have more shops for mods and people lookin to drop some serious cash to do em.

Last edited by johnnytank; 12-29-2006 at 05:52 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:49 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Originally Posted by johnnytank
Thanks for finding that site for me the Nissan Datsun club. I was thinking of joining but it looked a bit like for older folk, no offence if you are but I'm 25 and think the rest of the world is old. lol
Have no idea about the general age of the crew on that Melbourne Z club, I don't know anyone in that club, only found it via Google before posted.
I find it great being part of local Zed clubs, but then there's heaps of valuable info on this site as well.

Haha, sounds like you've a few mods in mind. You're poor mortgage.

There was another guy from Melbourne that was posting quite a bit, but seems to have disappeared lately.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:31 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Hey Johnny, did you see ypwpat's post in the other Auz/NZ thread, seems he's in Melbourne as well.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:17 AM
ypwpat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep we are here. Just that we moved to other forum already. We are about 20-30 australia so far

We do organise a Cruz in melbourne time to time

Btw welcome to the forum and enjoy your Z.

Tips on modding, Take it easy lol. or you'll get bored on your Z too quickly

cheers
Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Originally Posted by ypwpat
Haha, so when you get bored it's time to buy another car.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

If i get sent back out to Telstra(120 Collins) i will definately be giving you guys a pm or something to hang out, you will have to come into CBD though to pick me up...i usually stay in the Sofitel(Collins) or Stamford(Little Collins) when i'm there.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 PM
johnnytank

Originally Posted by BRONZEE
Haha, so when you get bored it's time to buy another car.
haha yeah its gonna be another $40,000 when I'm done so I won't be done in a while. And when I am, I think I should be rich enough then to buy an RX7 and do it all again. Still keep the Z though
Old 01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
johnnytank

yep we are here. Just that we moved to other forum already. We are about 20-30 australia so far

We do organise a Cruz in melbourne time to time

Btw welcome to the forum and enjoy your Z.

cheers
Sweet, how many cars do u get on ur Cruz? Are u in the Nissan Datsun Club?

Thanks for the welcome. I luv it here. Had a couple dramas with mods and got them sorted out ok on here.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:29 PM
ypwpat

yes i'm in Nissan Datsun Club.

Sometimes we cruz about 6 350Z and a Skyline V35
Old 01-13-2007, 03:30 PM
ypwpat

Originally Posted by kwiker
If i get sent back out to Telstra(120 Collins) i will definately be giving you guys a pm or something to hang out, you will have to come into CBD though to pick me up...i usually stay in the Sofitel(Collins) or Stamford(Little Collins) when i'm there.
Well i live not far from there As i live in CBD too and my car is there too
Old 01-13-2007, 07:13 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

yes i'm in Nissan Datsun Club.
Sometimes we cruz about 6 350Z and a Skyline V35
Hmm, we have a track day in 2 weeks time, man I'll b excited to see 6 x 350's together. Only lil old NZ, we had 3 x 350's at brekkie this morning + 1 x 280 & 3 x 300's, oh, plus someone who we don't know who happened to be there. Hehe, oh to be in AuZZie.