Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

HiTech Group Buy

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 04:53 AM
ZZZ-35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking HiTech Group Buy

The full 3 piece catbach HiTech Stainless Steel exhaust is now available for My350z.com members at a discounted group buy price of A$1500 (that's Aussie dollars) plus shipping, instead of the normal price of A$1800, all we need is orders from 5 or more members PM me if your are interested.

David
Attached Thumbnails HiTech Group Buy-hitech.jpg  
Old 08-16-2003, 08:30 AM
zuff

I'm in but i want a price for the Ti also, if the price is right i'd rather go with Ti.

Also i want some kind of agreement that if the exhaust doesn't produce the power then i get a refund or they "fix/tweak" it.

I'm still blown away by their claims on their web site... have you seen it? 20% power over stock at the wheels! Asif!

I still think what you showed on your dyno is awsome anyway. Just the sound that i'm iffy about.

zuffy...

np ..yeh, my account is screwwed and the admin don't reply...so now i'm just zuff....lol
Old 08-16-2003, 03:20 PM
harryw

Im probably in.

I too would like some sort of performance guarantee.

Forgive me if I sound silly, but, the dyno shows most of the performance gains in the top of the RPM range? How does the car drive normally, that is when you're not going full noise. Mind you with this car you dont seem to be able to just cruise in it, or perhaps its just me.

H
Old 08-16-2003, 03:35 PM
J Ritt

I'm somewhat interested as well...although I would prefer titanium also. What would ballpark shipping cost be to the East coast of the United States?
Old 08-16-2003, 05:00 PM
dixonbn

Also interested but would like Ti price ... and ditto to zuffy's other comments.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:12 PM
malcolm

I'm interested too, but like everyone else am dubious about the claimed gains. A TI price would be nice before we make a decision.

How noisy is it? I don't want a noisy exhaust. I listened to the sound clips but find it difficult to relate them to an actual daily driving situation. I don't want to be confronted by a load noise every time I accelerate.
Old 08-16-2003, 05:52 PM
ZZZ-35

harryw

I will check with HiTech Monday but I believe they have a money back satisfaction grantee on all their products.

There is quite a noticeable difference in the pull of the car from 3000rpm upwards and yes the most power is made in the top range but there is also good torque gains in the middle range that make the easier to drive.

I would also like to mention I only had time to do three dyno runs on the day, the chart shows my second run of the three. The most power (15.5kW) was on the third run after resetting the ECU, the plot was quite erratic so I believe resetting the ECU gave us power but had not adjust it's self sufficiently to give a sable run (I hope that makes sense).

zuff

I also would like Ti but I think it like a ways off yet, untill they get the right grade of tubing at the right price. Unless you are drag racing or racing the car I would spend the extra money on other mods.

J Ritt

Will post shipping costs as soon as I speak to HiTech on Monday.

David
Old 08-16-2003, 06:18 PM
nismor33

Guys,

Are you claiming that Dave in Melbourne and myself somehow fudged the figures or a making this up? Again just incase anyone missed it - we used totally separate dynos and dont know Lambros at Hi tech from a bar of soap! We dont even know each other !!!!

I am sure you can get a system from japan with less power and double the price with no guarantee at all and more than likely illegal because of sound!

Sorry but this is making me laugh! We just posted the info because we found a local product that worked out on our cars and wanted to share it with you and you can get a good product at a good price.

Again Nathan made the same figures as well, maybe he is in on this also?

Harry, I have found that torque is vastly different right through the rev range and mid is improved out of site.

I will send you dyno graph direct.

Mike
Old 08-16-2003, 10:13 PM
harryw

I for one wasnt casting dispersions on anyones good character and Im sure noone else was either.

As was mwntioned no one here knows anyone else and I am always cautious when it comes to spending money.

But, I dont want to spend money on what is, at this stage, IMO an untried product. That's all.

I have never used or read much about Hi Tech's products and I want to make sure if it's not right then there is a remedy.

As always

H
Old 08-16-2003, 10:17 PM
harryw

David, could you also get a "fitted" price from Lambros, and, has anyone got a clue what it would cost elsewhere to get this fitted.

Im not sure if I can be bothered doing it myself. ****, i must be getting old!

H
Old 08-17-2003, 12:20 AM
zuff

Nismor33 soz if it sounded like we were bitching.... I wasn't, i'm really glad i have a product to support in Australia and i'm really appreciative of you guys who have already given it a go.

Posting on the net is very 2D, no emotion or depth... i'm pretty sure everyone is really keen but just want some more details (ie customer support if the product doesn't get what we expect etc)...

That probably comes accross as a demand when in fact it's more like thinking out aloud as to what we would like. As for fudging the figures... Man, nobody said that! do we really sound that bad? lol

Anyway i'm in... if they have a good price to fit i'll have them do it also .

and thnx again to zzz-35 and nismor33 for setting up the group buy.
Old 08-17-2003, 02:36 AM
nismor33

Nah no dramas.

I knew of Hi Tech systems from when I had an MY02 STi. The STi was mad with a Hi Tech system and an ECU. Minimum 180kw at the wheels from just that. I remember everyone speaking so highly of the systems.

Anyway get them onto the car, you wont be disappointed.

Mike
Old 08-17-2003, 03:33 AM
Blue_350_z

What would be the est time for a Ti system?
My feeling is that if they were produced in Ti the orders would already be taken.
Myself included.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:35 AM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you wish to persue a guarantee it is very hard to state a number ie: 18Kw when every car is different. They should claim that it will make approx x% more.

My 2c Inc GST
Old 08-17-2003, 08:02 AM
zuff

this is what they claim...

http://www.hitechmufflers.com.au/whatsnew.html
Old 08-17-2003, 03:11 PM
Nathan

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Guys

What do you get if you buy a Hi Tech system for your Z ?
A guaranteed 18 rwkw. NO

A extremely well built, designed & tested system that will make HP gains & IMO sounds a lot better than original. YES.

Whats more all this is available at a price that just can not be matched by the imported units & with a satisfaction G,tee that would be 2nd to none.

It has also been designed so that you can refit your original muffler without modification.

Disclosure
Hi Tech have designed & supplied the exhaust systems of my 2001 GTP championship winning Mitsubishi FTO & my current 350Z
Old 08-17-2003, 03:19 PM
MR RIZK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay this gets me.

Quote from website.

As seen on the Bathurst 24 Hour race, the new 350Z system offers a substantial power increase of 20% at the wheels.

Please someone clarify this.

On the dyno day aps's blue weapon made 147 KW and Nathans made 175 KW I believe.

Now they claim +ve 20% @ Wheels therefore 147 * 0.2 = 29.4 KW so then does this mean that the other mods that nathan did were a waste of time ie: 147 + 29.4 = 176.4 KW.

Or am I missing something? ie Did they also make headers for nathans car. Or does "System" stand for all the little hidden extras ?

On a FI car this is quite possible as the new free flowing systems usually raise the boost slightly as a side effect.
Old 08-17-2003, 04:31 PM
apsilon

Weapon LOL, stock weapon.

IMO the 20% claim is a very slight overstatement but close enough. I believe this version is slightly different to the one Nathan is running (he'll correct me if I'm wrong). He has no headers, it's just cat back. In theory if the exhaust did add 20% to his car he should have had around 176 (based on my 147 baseline) but he has cams as well so it should have made even more.

Maybe Nathan should upgrade to this new system and dyno again. I'll be dynoing my new exhaust in a few weeks and would be happy to dyno along side anyone with this system as a direct comparison.

Point remains this is a good locally made system even if the 20% claim isn't 100% accurate. If you want an exhaust and don't want to spend a fortune buy it.

EDIT: actually come to think of it 20% is more than a slight overstatement. 10% - 11% would be more accurate.

Last edited by apsilon; 08-17-2003 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:22 PM
zuff

Well if the new exhaust sounds just like Nathans then i know what to expect, the clip didn't sound like that imho.. lol...maybe i'm just paying for all the good times and can't remember..

How are we going for group buy numbers? I'm in for either a Ti or SS system!

Apsilon, where are you going to dyno? APS?
Old 08-17-2003, 05:26 PM
apsilon

I'll be going back to Croydon to keep the results as consistent as possible with my first run.

Quick Reply: HiTech Group Buy