Notices
Australia/New Zealand Queensland, South Australia, Victoria, New South Wales, etc.

370z noob wants to know if anyone here is from NZ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2018, 10:31 PM
Charlyccf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 370z noob wants to know if anyone here is from NZ?

Hi there,

I'm a my350z.com noob.

Was wondering if anyone from New Zealand here? If so where do you guys get your 370z stuff from from Overseas?
Old 01-23-2018, 06:18 PM
Zelles

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Honestly, where ever you can find it on special

Z1 Motorsports are great and don't just sell parts, they research design and build their own line of stuff as well.

Concept Z Performance, I've used it a few times many years ago - I'm not a fan of their new website and order process but they are known for good customer service.

Zstore.com - They don't stock as much but they tend to not stock S H I T parts

theres a few others i've probably forgotten but the ones above are as good as we are going to get for us kiwi's

keep in mind, if you're doing a bid order it may be cheaper to do a few small orders so shipping isn't ridiculous and you don't get stung with GST and import fees by customs for anything over $400-500
Old 01-23-2018, 06:20 PM
Zelles

Also, very very limited, but MRT australia stock a few very select parts
Old 01-23-2018, 08:25 PM
Charlyccf

Originally Posted by Zelles
Honestly, where ever you can find it on special

Z1 Motorsports are great and don't just sell parts, they research design and build their own line of stuff as well.

Concept Z Performance, I've used it a few times many years ago - I'm not a fan of their new website and order process but they are known for good customer service.

Zstore.com - They don't stock as much but they tend to not stock S H I T parts

theres a few others i've probably forgotten but the ones above are as good as we are going to get for us kiwi's

keep in mind, if you're doing a bid order it may be cheaper to do a few small orders so shipping isn't ridiculous and you don't get stung with GST and import fees by customs for anything over $400-500
Thanks Zelles for your info.I planned to get a rear spoiler, the spoiler itself is usd$100 and the shipping was usd$400-$500. The shipping cost is so ridiculous. Custom calculator estimated $1300 nzd all up, just for FRP spoiler to get into NZ. So OMGDo you still get stuff for Z from overseas?
Old 01-24-2018, 12:38 AM
Zelles

I've ordered a few small things, such as an intake kit, bushings,thermostats and 350z specific oil catch can. The only large item I've ordered was a carbon fibre lip and the shipping for that was about $150/200 USD. Some NZ suppliers can import parts for you when they do orders and that way you can share a shipping container, otherwise theres not really any way to import body parts cheap.

What spoiler are you after?
Old 01-24-2018, 10:00 AM
Charlyccf

I've ordered a few small things, such as an intake kit, bushings,thermostats and 350z specific oil catch can. The only large item I've ordered was a carbon fibre lip and the shipping for that was about $150/200 USD. Some NZ suppliers can import parts for you when they do orders and that way you can share a shipping container, otherwise theres not really any way to import body parts cheap.

What spoiler are you after?
Duraflex N4 or anything similar FRP. Wanted to go for Seibon carbon, but including shipping, almost $2kish NZD.
Old 01-24-2018, 12:25 PM
Zelles

Originally Posted by Charlyccf
Duraflex N4 or anything similar FRP. Wanted to go for Seibon carbon, but including shipping, almost $2kish NZD.
You should be able to order that directly from Duraflex (thats the name of the place the copies other designs and remakes them in plastic).

You may even find a place in Australia that makes it, as they're big on plastic re manufactured bodykits
Old 01-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Charlyccf

You should be able to order that directly from Duraflex (thats the name of the place the copies other designs and remakes them in plastic).

You may even find a place in Australia that makes it, as they're big on plastic re manufactured bodykits
There's Duraflex.com or rather website. But it doesn't appear to be Duraflex, the manufacturer.Been trying to look up Australian websites. No luck. Except Seibon, carbon spoiler alone $1.3k Aussie dollars. After conversion to NZ Including shipping and custom duty would be around the $2k ish NZD mark.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:15 PM
Zelles

I want the facelift front bumper off a 350z, about 300ish to buy, about 1000 to ship. I wonder if it'd be cheaper to combine two orders and split the shipping?
Old 01-26-2018, 05:28 PM
Charlyccf

I want the facelift front bumper off a 350z, about 300ish to buy, about 1000 to ship. I wonder if it'd be cheaper to combine two orders and split the shipping?
Factory facelift front bumper? 1300 USD or NZD?
Old 01-26-2018, 09:11 PM
Zelles

Factory facelift front bumper? 1300 USD or NZD?
1300 USD so add about 35-37% + duty
Old 01-27-2018, 01:26 PM
Charlyccf

1300 USD so add about 35-37% + duty
I am giving JHD a go. What you are after (FL bumper) seems dear to me. I would have thought it could be sourced locally?Have you tried trademe?
Old 01-27-2018, 01:33 PM
Charlyccf

I am giving JHD a go. What you are after (FL bumper) seems dear to me. I would have thought it could be sourced locally?Have you tried trademe?
There's one from Luxury Sport, not original, but style, new, going for $650.