MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Autocross/Road (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road-305/)
-   -   The Tire DB - Posts about Track and AutoX tire brands (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road/455209-the-tire-db-posts-about-track-and-autox-tire-brands.html)

Axelerate 12-19-2007 07:40 PM

No, not with the rims/tires pictured.

SteveA 12-31-2007 08:21 PM

How are you finding the noise from the NT-01's?

I have 275/35/18 NT01's on a set of 18 x 9.5 30mm offset rims for the track. they are great tires, but whine like hell. I would hate to drive them on the road every day :)

WA2GOOD 01-01-2008 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by SteveA
How are you finding the noise from the NT-01's?

I have 275/35/18 NT01's on a set of 18 x 9.5 30mm offset rims for the track. they are great tires, but whine like hell. I would hate to drive them on the road every day :)

Hahaha, very true. The Nitto NT01's are very loud for daily street driving. :icon38:

laze1 01-01-2008 05:25 AM

I just purchased the same wheels, but in Bronze, with Toyo RA-1s from Edge Racing.....I have a HPDE Jan 18-20..and I can' wait to run these tires and wheels...this is my 1st time on R-comps...should be a blast!

Exiled Lakai 01-13-2008 06:20 AM

Looks really good. I had this set up years ago when i was drifting my old widebody 240sx the wheels are great for the price. I might go this route now I wanted to go baller but that means keeping the Z on the street and i want to track it. another thing i like is the brembos fitting a 17in wheel it didn't think that was possible based on the very little research i have done on brake set ups. nice work

orangeflash 01-18-2008 05:32 AM

Hey guys, Ive been wanting to upgrade my wheels and tire set up from stock. I love this set up that you have Axerlerate. Is this set up ok for daily driving? My Z is my DD, I do a lot of spirited driving and I have not been to a track yet (not going to go anytime soon). Would you guys recommend another option?

SOLO-350Z 01-18-2008 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Axelerate
No, I got them new.

The rims are from www.edgeracing.com

and the tires are from www.tires.com when they had $100 off and free shipping.

Man I miss my 91 SE-R Classic. Fun car for autox, etc. Your pictures reminded me of it.

2fast4ya 01-21-2008 02:15 PM

i am very curious about buying some 17's now after reading this thread
and looking at these rims on the silverstone Z, i have an 06 grand touring
and i would like to clarify these will fit before i buy some, i want to
get the 5zigens like the guy who started this thread but in 17x9 front
and 17x10 rear sizes. i thought the 06 brake rotors were a little larger
which would make clearance an issue with wheel and caliper compared to
earlier year Z's
if anyone can clarify this that would be great, then i will order some probably
before my next track day in April, edgeracing does have some great prices
looking at the falken azenis track tires too, not quite ready to go to r-compounds yet, probably will after that set wears out then i will make the
leap to that next level

Axelerate 01-21-2008 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by 2fast4ya
earlier year Z's
looking at the falken azenis track tires too, not quite ready to go to r-compounds yet, probably will after that set wears out then i will make the
leap to that next level

They will fit fine. Some BBK's fit with 17's and there is still plenty of clearance with my Brembo's, the regular 06 brakes are not larger than the Brembo rotors.

laze1 01-21-2008 04:04 PM

I have a 2006 Grand Touring w/Brembo also w/ 5Zigen 17x10 ET25 (bronze) w/255/40 Toyo RA1 fit OK all around, but I could not slide my little finger between the inside edge of the rim and the front suspension upright....it did not rub, but is was very very tight. so i used a 3 MM spacer in the FRONT only,,,no problems in the rear.

The car is now very neutral, and ran fine @ Roebling Road Raceway even with the VDC left on (rained all thru one days sessions) , and ran fine with VDC off. However, this setup did seem to aggravate the the weird brake force issues when trail braking.....I had this issue (many threads about this problem) with the stock wheels/tires, but now it is a little worse...I will try to kill all VDC/brake force/ABS the next track day...BUT the wheels/tires didn't cause this, just made it a little worse.

But NO brake rotor or caliper clearance issues of any kind...

Originally Posted by 2fast4ya
earlier year Z's
leap to that next level

2fast4ya 01-21-2008 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Axelerate
They will fit fine. Some BBK's fit with 17's and there is still plenty of clearance with my Brembo's, the regular 06 brakes are not larger than the Brembo rotors.

thanks for the input, what i was saying about the brakes was i thought
the 06 track and grand touring were larger than the 03-05 track model
brakes, i remember reading something in a sales brochure before i bought
my car saying "new feature for 06 model year, blah, blah, blah"

but it may have been the base model brakes were larger than previous
base models, now that i am thinking more, because i sold my front
rotors to a guy with a pre-06 track and the rotors fit fine he said.

SOLO-350Z 01-21-2008 06:26 PM

The Brembo brakes on the Track 03-05 and Grand Touring / Track 06+ are all the same size. The non-Brembos are the ones that gained size.

2fast4ya 01-21-2008 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by laze1
I have a 2006 Grand Touring w/Brembo also w/ 5Zigen 17x10 ET25 (bronze) w/255/40 Toyo RA1 fit OK all around, but I could not slide my little finger between the inside edge of the rim and the front suspension upright....it did not rub, but is was very very tight. so i used a 3 MM spacer in the FRONT only,,,no problems in the rear.

The car is now very neutral, and ran fine @ Roebling Road Raceway even with the VDC left on (rained all thru one days sessions) , and ran fine with VDC off. However, this setup did seem to aggravate the the weird brake force issues when trail braking.....I had this issue (many threads about this problem) with the stock wheels/tires, but now it is a little worse...I will try to kill all VDC/brake force/ABS the next track day...BUT the wheels/tires didn't cause this, just made it a little worse.

But NO brake rotor or caliper clearance issues of any kind...

i am glad to hear some feedback about this, these wheels sound great
for track days, and auto-x, i love the way my wheels look now but am
afraid the 19x10 in rear affects my final drive and parasitic loss of hp
due to rotating mass etc.., i think the smaller diameter rolling stock
with less weight should benefit me in straights and corner exits
and have been looking to have a second set of wheels for events
because i am tired of replacing tires all the time due to daily driving about 25k miles a year, 8-10 auto-x events a year, 4-5 drag strip days a year
and 2-3 track days, usually only get about 6-8 months out of my tires

orangeflash 01-22-2008 12:27 AM

Originally Posted by orangeflash
Hey guys, Ive been wanting to upgrade my wheels and tire set up from stock. I love this set up that you have Axerlerate. Is this set up ok for daily driving? My Z is my DD, I do a lot of spirited driving and I have not been to a track yet (not going to go anytime soon). Would you guys recommend another option?

I guess I should just piss off...:invis:

2fast4ya 01-22-2008 04:08 AM

Originally Posted by orangeflash
I guess I should just piss off...:invis:

I think it may be a problem with clearance being the car will drop some
with the reduced ride height, if you are in an area with a lot of potholes
or speedbumps i could see the possibility of rubbing your y-pipe
other wise it should not rub inner wheel wells or hit fenders, i am a little
scared running 17x10 in front that is why i am going to buy 17x9
that is the same width i have now, just have 18x9 with stock

laze1 01-22-2008 05:35 AM

The primary reason that I went to 17" wheels for track usage only is the price of 17" tires is MUCH CHEAPER than 18" or larger tires.......plus 17" track and street tires selection is much broader. And by going with a square setup, I can maximize tire wear by rotating them frequently...again..all to save money.

However, All the other positives that come with 17" is very nice....(reduced mass / weight and all that stuff)

And yes, it does lower the car a bunch.....I had to run my car up of some home-build wooded 2x10" ramps to use my large floor jack....( i have a Hotchkis TVS kit)

And yes, this would work fine on the street...i looks very cool if you car is lowered, otherwise it would look odd with all the tire-fender gap.

BTW: Running 17x9 and 17x10 sounds like a good way to go on the street! I doubt any front spacers would be needed.

Check out Edge racing, they appear to be a very reputable company, and helped me out on the phone when discussing using this "non-standard" setup on the Z....my full wheel/tire/mounting/shipping was about $1650. PM me for full details.

http://www.edgeracing.com/

QTR-350Z 01-22-2008 01:17 PM

i am looking in buying a set of wheels for the track and looking in the Enkei RPF1 and it will be my first time at a road track i am not sure what size i should go with and wheel set up the whole thing i mean wheel size tire size and what do you guys think about the RPF1 wheel?

thinking 01-22-2008 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by QTR-350Z
i am looking in buying a set of wheels for the track and looking in the Enkei RPF1 and it will be my first time at a road track i am not sure what size i should go with and wheel set up the whole thing i mean wheel size tire size and what do you guys think about the RPF1 wheel?

many racers use them successfully

eagletanggreen 01-22-2008 08:04 PM

Nice set up!

Z33_kid 01-23-2008 07:23 AM

wht kinda drop u have the rims look great