MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Autocross/Road (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road-305/)
-   -   Graffiti motorsports harness bar (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road/548875-graffiti-motorsports-harness-bar.html)

TrueBlueZ 02-21-2012 06:18 AM

Graffiti motorsports harness bar

Anyone ever heard of, seen, know anything about, or used this bar before?

http://www.enjukuracing.com/products...SSAN-350Z.html
http://www.graffitimotorsports.com/products/

Seems like it would be stronger than the sparco unit if its materials and welds are up to snuff.

Vivid Racing 02-21-2012 09:59 AM

Never heard of them. I'd like to see some close-up shots of those bars, though.

Fixxxercask 02-22-2012 08:19 AM

I had that exact one in my car last year. Enjuku had it on their web site when I bought it, but it never said it was from Graffiti motorsports. It fit very tight and worked very well. It is heavy and very stout.

abushong504 02-22-2012 08:31 AM

I have one, love mine!

Fixxxercask 02-22-2012 08:37 AM

I think you were the one that bought it from me actually. I recognize your name. :thumbup:

Voboy 02-22-2012 01:25 PM

nice find... there were a lot of people looking for these not too long ago. but at 400$ you might as well get a roll bar for a little more $ and safety.

terrasmak 02-22-2012 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by Voboy (Post 9620779)
nice find... there were a lot of people looking for these not too long ago. but at 400$ you might as well get a roll bar for a little more $ and safety.

+1, my Kirk rollbar was delivered for right around $550.

TrueBlueZ 02-23-2012 11:41 AM

I'm trying to keep my interior as much stock as possible as I will only be doing a few auto-x and hpde events a year. Plan on using the stock seatbelts and seats most of the time and only putting in the harness and race seat for the events, so a harness bar is what i want for now. If I start doing lots of track and gut the car i would probably skip a roll bar and just go with a cage. Mostly interested in if anyone thinks this bar would be stronger or more effective than the sparco one.

Fixxxercask 02-23-2012 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by TrueBlueZ (Post 9622586)
I'm trying to keep my interior as much stock as possible as I will only be doing a few auto-x and hpde events a year. Plan on using the stock seatbelts and seats most of the time and only putting in the harness and race seat for the events, so a harness bar is what i want for now. If I start doing lots of track and gut the car i would probably skip a roll bar and just go with a cage. Mostly interested in if anyone thinks this bar would be stronger or more effective than the sparco one.

I would say it's a lot stronger. It has thicker tubing and it connects to the car in four spots instead of two.

kunt_masha 02-28-2012 06:44 PM

I've seen this bar but never mounted it up.

Everything seemed to be pretty high quality though!

Dan Garcia 02-28-2012 07:04 PM

The bar is heavy and fits very nicely, I picked one up from another member here.
Enjoku has them back in stock.

SE5spd 03-01-2012 06:47 AM

Aren't harness bars dangerous Incase of a roll over?

terrasmak 03-01-2012 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by SE5spd (Post 9633845)
Aren't harness bars dangerous Incase of a roll over?

Yes they are, thats why i recomend the Kirk 4 point rollbar. It even has a harness bar welded into it.

TrueBlueZ 03-01-2012 07:48 AM

what exatly makes them dangerous? i have no doubt that a roll bar is safer but as the car is mostly a weekend/fun car and only going to the track occasionally i want the interior as stock as i can keep it. just going to harness and race seat to hold me in place better than the stock stuff at events i do attend.

sig11 03-01-2012 08:17 AM

In the event of a rollover where the roof crushes you are strapped in tight rather than falling to a side.

It's a calculated risk that many people take. Personally I think it's a fairly limited risk.

INTIMAZY 03-01-2012 08:46 AM

That's an old bar design that was built a few years back under a different name (BR K-harness bar) but also distributed by Enjuku. Almost pulled the trigger on one but they only offered it in red and some other color I didn't care for back then. The weight was also a concern that nobody was able to address back then.

It's a true bolton design that bolts down to the anchors in the hatch area and also can be used with the OEM carpet (IIRC) for those looking to keep it as OEM as possible. Solid design with good harness strap angles. There a few floating around out there.

SE5spd 03-01-2012 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by sig11 (Post 9634018)
In the event of a rollover where the roof crushes you are strapped in tight rather than falling to a side.

It's a calculated risk that many people take. Personally I think it's a fairly limited risk.

still a big risk though.

yeah just imagine you have a harness strapped to a harness bar, you roll over, the roof crushes and theres no cage protecting you...there goes your neck lol :suicide:

im just gonna get a KIRK 4pt when the time comes.

2000atlanticgt 03-24-2012 02:56 AM

I have heard the Kirk 4 pt makes the passenger seat area really cramped because it forces the passenger seat forward. Often times on track days at some point I have an instructor with me in the passenger seat. I have never seen a Kirk 4 pt other than photos so I would appreciate comments from those that have one about this.

terrasmak 03-24-2012 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by 2000atlanticgt (Post 9666427)
I have heard the Kirk 4 pt makes the passenger seat area really cramped because it forces the passenger seat forward. Often times on track days at some point I have an instructor with me in the passenger seat. I have never seen a Kirk 4 pt other than photos so I would appreciate comments from those that have one about this.

Autopower and Kirk both push the pass seat up about 4 inches. The seat is still fully usable, much more room with a race seat installed and last, if you don't sit on the pass side, why even care.

Voboy 03-24-2012 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by terrasmak (Post 9666549)
Autopower and Kirk both push the pass seat up about 4 inches. The seat is still fully usable, much more room with a race seat installed and last, if you don't sit on the pass side, why even care.

This... if u are the driver, why should u care? All the more reason for them to push you to solo if they are so uncomfortable!