MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Autocross/Road (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road-305/)
-   -   which seat base? sparco or planted tech for sparco circuit seats? (https://my350z.com/forum/autocross-road/607864-which-seat-base-sparco-or-planted-tech-for-sparco-circuit-seats.html)

apex locator 11-20-2015 12:44 PM

which seat base? sparco or planted tech for sparco circuit seats?

Sparco circuit seats.

Planted or sparco? cost is very similar. Plus sparco has an option for LOW and TALL seat bases? I'm 5'6" and do not want to sit any lower than current OEM level. I'll be using sparco sliders and side mounts.

Thanks.

ap

guitman32 11-22-2015 09:09 AM

I can vouch for the planted being quality, and theyll put you at a good height which wont be too low, though at your height you may be a candidate for the TALL brackets from Sparco. Though I would think you could make up the height via the mounting holes on the side mounts.

The planted has multiple holes drilled for adapting to sliders and side mounts, whereas the Sparcos only have two positions per side...in my case I used the OMP side mounts (no sliders, fixed mounted) and had to drill an extra hole to position them as far aft as possible. Something to think about when using mismatched hardware.

armt350z 11-23-2015 01:16 AM

Be forewarned on the planted passenger side bracket. If you plan to use the passenger side seat bracket from planted your passenger's head will be in the headliner. It sits super high.

misterniceguy 11-23-2015 05:18 AM

^ Same with a Sparco on the passenger side for manual tranny. I tried both hoping one would be lower than the other.

Blurvision 11-23-2015 12:23 PM

I have planted, I am 5.10 and it was too tall for me. Had to mod them. But they are made very well and fit perfectly.

cyc5181 11-23-2015 12:52 PM

I also have Planted with sliders and seat from OMP. I am also 5'6, fits me perfect. And yes the Planted seat base is good quality.

2000atlanticgt 11-25-2015 10:16 AM

I'm 5'9", planted was too tall for me to use with OMP TRS, I had to modify. The passenger side is way too high. If you search here I have a thread that includes detail on the Planted bases for both sides and how I modified them to work for me.

apex locator 11-28-2015 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by 2000atlanticgt (Post 10686349)
I'm 5'9", planted was too tall for me to use with OMP TRS, I had to modify. The passenger side is way too high. If you search here I have a thread that includes detail on the Planted bases for both sides and how I modified them to work for me.

Thanks for all of the feedback. I did read your thread and I dont really want to cut/weld brackets. I will lean towards the sparco to keep everything the same. Concerning the passenger side its interesting that the planted and sparco both sit too high. Cant you just mount the seat on the lowest holes in the side mounts, or is it still too high even at the lowest side mount holes?

ap