Notices
Autocross/Road SCCA Solo II, SCCA Club Racing, Redline Track Events, Speed Trial, Speed Ventures, Grand-Am Cup, JGTC, Procar Australia

Koni Install and Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2004, 12:26 PM
christoc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I did alright, played a little with the settings. If I had the rebound too stiff I was getting problems with the brakes going into safe/ice mode, where it thinks one wheel is outta whack so the brakes go into what I would call Ice mode. Lessened up the rebound a bit and it seemed to help.

I'm running the Midiv in Oklahoma City next weekend, so hopefully I'll get a little better idea on what settings to try to run. I'll also be at the Peru NT and the Test&Tune the day beforehand, so that should give me some good settings for Concrete.

I haven't had any time to do the writeup on them yet. Hopefully tonight.
Old 06-07-2004, 08:33 PM
christoc

I've been writing this thing for the past 3 hours now, and I just finished writing the section about installing the rears! The fronts will have to be written up tomorrow evening, maybe during the day at work. I've got TONS of images for the install, as well as a pretty detailed description of the process.
Old 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
christoc

I finally got the article written. Go easy on me, it's a LONG one, if you notice an blatant errors let me know.

http://www.solo2.org/blogs/christoc/...06/08/374.aspx
Old 06-13-2004, 05:07 PM
phoenixZ33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from an AutoX where I ran my Z for the first time. The car doesn't feel very connected.. I can feel the tires screeching and scrubbing all over the place, but generally the car feels like it's on a cloud, not precise or connected to the road at all.. especially the rear end. Did the Koni's help in this way? I am ordering some different tires tomorrow (just to aid in time) and I'm curious what effect the Konis had compared to stock.. is it a big difference? Thanks
Old 06-13-2004, 06:30 PM
christoc

I just got in from OKC, the midiv divisional. I've got to unpack, then hopefully get a writeup of the past few days. A few changes to the car, and a HUGE improvement. More to come!
Old 06-14-2004, 09:06 AM
christoc

I would say yes, they make a noticable difference in performance at an autocross. You can tune them fairly easily to get more or less oversteer.

http://www.solo2.org/blogs/christoc/...06/14/386.aspx