Notices

DIY Assemble your own Big Brake Kits: Caliper Brackets (Custom)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 07:16 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

+1
Old 04-28-2006, 10:20 AM
AZC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6-piston front brake kit with 13" rotors $1395 pair

At arizonazcar.com we sell a complete front brake kit with 13" rotors and
Wilwood 6-piston calipers for $1395 FOR THE PAIR.
This price includes the brackets, hats, calipers, pads, rotors, SS braklines, nuts, bolts, lockwashers, fittings etc.

please look at http://www.arizonazcar.com/350zbrakes.html

ARIZONA Z CAR
2043 E. QUARTZ ST.
MESA AZ 85213

480-844-9677
dave@arizonazcar.com
www.arizonazcar.com

Thanks very much,
Dave
Old 04-28-2006, 10:32 AM
buzzardmountain

AZC/Dave, sent you an email on something.
Old 04-28-2006, 11:28 AM
sfarrah

Originally Posted by AZC
At arizonazcar.com we sell a complete front brake kit with 13" rotors and
Wilwood 6-piston calipers for $1395 FOR THE PAIR.
This price includes the brackets, hats, calipers, pads, rotors, SS braklines, nuts, bolts, lockwashers, fittings etc.

please look at http://www.arizonazcar.com/350zbrakes.html

Thanks very much,
Dave
If only the rear kit retained the parking brake.... Nice price otherwise.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:43 AM
gringott

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Got the brakets today. They are very very nice. Thank you myG35zx.

As for the hats and rotors, I think I will have to do some measurements.

BTW, if I was buying a kit, the ArizonaZ car kit is the one.
Old 05-01-2006, 08:54 AM
buzzardmountain

It's just not big enough, he said he'd have to make a new bracket to achieve what I want.
Old 05-01-2006, 11:13 PM
Ep3

hey guys i can have pretty much any bracket made for you so the one you need for the brake kit just mail me a cardboard templet <--sp? my brother owns a hotrod shop and can make cut outs he has a machine plasma cutter computer thing i forgot the name of it he has so many machines there its in sanjose im visiting now so let me know..
Name:  joescam396.jpg
Views: 614
Size:  55.4 KB

Name:  joescam394.jpg
Views: 570
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  joescam399.jpg
Views: 623
Size:  55.2 KB
Old 05-02-2006, 04:01 PM
ZWildZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to have a lexus sc300 and a common mod was to take lexus ls400 rotors and 4pot aluminum calipers and slap them on. they braked just as well as the supra twin turbo brakes and only cost about $150 for a set of used calipers and another $100 or so for the rotors. I wonder if these would work or if there are any other nissan/infinity models that have a larger brake/rotor kit. I saw someone mentions the m45 brakes but they didn't seem like much of an upgrade.
Old 05-02-2006, 05:22 PM
myG35zx

The 2005/6 G and 2006 Z use the M45 brakes. The brake size is fine, the pad materials are poor. Especially that there are no aftermarket pads available better than stock. A better rotor would be nice to. No choices for these brakes really. Not to mention 2 piston fronts, one piston rear.

Last edited by myG35zx; 05-04-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Old 05-03-2006, 02:36 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by Ep3
hey guys i can have pretty much any bracket made for you so the one you need for the brake kit just mail me a cardboard templet <--sp? my brother owns a hotrod shop and can make cut outs he has a machine plasma cutter computer thing i forgot the name of it he has so many machines there its in sanjose im visiting now so let me know..

In that case we need you over on this thread.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=1#post2358764

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....=1#post2358764
Old 05-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Havok_RLS2

Status????
Old 05-18-2006, 05:41 AM
gringott

Havok, I know you saw the ArizonaZ car BBK review in another thread. Looks like exactly what we were trying to do here. The first I heard that he makes 4 piston for the front. He posted just above here and never mentioned the 4 piston kit for the front. He has done exactly where I was at, the only recourse to the hat problem is to buy a blank and have it drilled to fit. I don't how how accurate the review is, but the reviewer (dklau33) states that only the bracket, hat, and bolts are custom. But Dave at ArizonaZ is making a small profit. And I mean small. For the $200 difference in price between buying the calipers, lines, rotors, bracket, shoes, hardware, and having to have the hats machined; and his already done, I am certainly falling off the fence to buy his kit. I have not yet got to a machine shop to get a price estimate, but I am sure that unless I could find a vendor at a considerably lower price for the calipers, rotors, etc, there is no more than $200 to be saved. And could be less. I do like that his hats fit, rather than what Precision Brake did, which was take an off the shelf hat and add a ring in the center to make it fit. Just doesn't strike me as right. In the Precision Brake instructions they show some pictures which seem to show the stages of their hat development. One picture is of a hat that fits the center hub, with two sets of stud holes, one drilled, and correct, and one wrong. So it LOOKS like they tried an off the shelf hat, and drilled it for the bolt pattern. Then in the final kit they used an off the shelf hat with a "sizing ring" to make the hub fit. I prefer what Dave did, even though I do agree those hats look odd.

BTW, I love Dave at ArizonaZ's sense of humor. He is the greatest. You have to read his whole webpage. Even though I first found it about a year ago, I still love to read and laugh.

Last edited by gringott; 05-18-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:04 AM
Soundeffects

I was still thinking about this today...Someone has to be able to get hats for cheap?? The rotors should run $200-300 from what I found...I'm 99% sure the stoptech rotors in 355mm should work as they have the same diameter and a 35mm width. Calipers vary in price..I still thin a 6 piston up front is very doable for a reasonable price.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:14 AM
gringott

The problem is basically the hats. I can find a hat with the same hub hole, or a hat with the same bolt pattern, but not both. The rotors, calipers, etc are all readily available.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:51 AM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

gringott

I could be wrong that only the brackets, bolts, and rotor hats are custom made in the AZ Z Car kit. But from what I saw the Forged Superlite calipers are obviously Wilwood, the BP-10 brake pads are obviously Wilwood, the brake lines are Wilwood, and the rotor rings have the Wilwood logo on it plus a laser engraved part number. The part numbers are 160-3584 and 160-3585. That matches up exactly with Wilwoods part catalog for their GT series 332 x 35 mm rotor rings. For $1069, you'd be hard pressed to come up with a significantly cheaper DIY solution.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:16 AM
gringott

dklau33
I came to that conclusion when I read your review. Excellent btw. Did he just come out with the 4 pot kit? I wonder why he is not promoting it. How did you find out about it? It is perfect for my use, I don't track. I am seriously considering stopping now on the DIY and going with his $1069 kit. What were the pad options?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 AM
myG35zx

I agree. I think the fronts are a great deal. Is this the one without the rear parking brake?
Old 05-18-2006, 09:54 AM
gringott

Yes, the back kit no parking brake.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:17 PM
dklau33

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gringott
dklau33
I came to that conclusion when I read your review. Excellent btw. Did he just come out with the 4 pot kit? I wonder why he is not promoting it. How did you find out about it? It is perfect for my use, I don't track. I am seriously considering stopping now on the DIY and going with his $1069 kit. What were the pad options?
You know, I'm still scratching my head on why he doesn't advertise the 4-pot kit. Maybe you are right in that the profit margin is pretty low so he prefers to try to sell the 6-pot kit. But you know, business is business. And although the $1069 deal sounds too good to be true, this is probably the one time where you can pat yourself on the back where you knew you got a good deal and got your moneys worth.

I only happended to find out about the 4-pot kit when Dave mentioned it on a thread I was asking him questions on at G35driver.com. I was asking him exactly which caliper he was using for the 6-pot kit and in his reply he said this....

Originally Posted by ARIZONAZCAR
I use the BILLET SUPERLITE 6 caliper , we could also supply the kit with the
forged 4-piston calipers as a lower cost option.

I include the black "smartpads" from Wilwood, getting terrific usage from them
I have optional compounds available.

We make the rotors hats and brackets and stock the replacment parts.

Yes the rotors are curved vane and directional.

Dave
ARIZONA Z CAR
2043 E. QUARTZ ST.
MESA AZ 85213

480-844-9677
dave@arizonazcar.com
www.arizonazcar.com
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...hlight=wilwood

As far as the brake pads go the default pads are the BP-10 smartpads. But you can upgrade to any other pad if you wish for added cost. If your just going to street it, the BP-10 smartpads are more than enough since they are street performance/light track pads.
Old 05-18-2006, 02:26 PM
Havok_RLS2

Originally Posted by gringott
Havok, I know you saw the ArizonaZ car BBK review in another thread. Looks like exactly what we were trying to do here. The first I heard that he makes 4 piston for the front. He posted just above here and never mentioned the 4 piston kit for the front. He has done exactly where I was at, the only recourse to the hat problem is to buy a blank and have it drilled to fit. I don't how how accurate the review is, but the reviewer (dklau33) states that only the bracket, hat, and bolts are custom. But Dave at ArizonaZ is making a small profit. And I mean small. For the $200 difference in price between buying the calipers, lines, rotors, bracket, shoes, hardware, and having to have the hats machined; and his already done, I am certainly falling off the fence to buy his kit. I have not yet got to a machine shop to get a price estimate, but I am sure that unless I could find a vendor at a considerably lower price for the calipers, rotors, etc, there is no more than $200 to be saved. And could be less. I do like that his hats fit, rather than what Precision Brake did, which was take an off the shelf hat and add a ring in the center to make it fit. Just doesn't strike me as right. In the Precision Brake instructions they show some pictures which seem to show the stages of their hat development. One picture is of a hat that fits the center hub, with two sets of stud holes, one drilled, and correct, and one wrong. So it LOOKS like they tried an off the shelf hat, and drilled it for the bolt pattern. Then in the final kit they used an off the shelf hat with a "sizing ring" to make the hub fit. I prefer what Dave did, even though I do agree those hats look odd.

BTW, I love Dave at ArizonaZ's sense of humor. He is the greatest. You have to read his whole webpage. Even though I first found it about a year ago, I still love to read and laugh.

I completely agree with you. Perhaps someone can contact Dave and ask him if he could do a GB on both kits? Just a thought.

Quick Reply: DIY Assemble your own Big Brake Kits: Caliper Brackets (Custom)