MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Brembos Suck!!! (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/11755-brembos-suck.html)

schindem 11-20-2002 03:13 PM

Brembos Suck!!!

Real Problem Here!!!

I have 3500 miles on my Z and have had it 10 weeks. The screeching noise is still there and drives me crazy :icon6: -god I hate these damn Brembos, Buyers of TRACKS- BEWARE!!! Go for the Touring w/leather and add an aero package, buy nice wheels and your's will be much better than the track! I am going to sell I think, just not as happy with the Z as I should be for this price!

If this was a 100 shares of stock I would sell NOW- don't wait for it to drop...

Take notice, this is going to hurt the Track down the road!!!

late-

dwnshift 11-20-2002 03:23 PM

Get differnt pads.

SandMan 11-20-2002 03:26 PM

I have track model, and I have nothing but great things to say about my Brembos. Dude, maybe you got a crappy set. Wouldn't it be able to be fixed under warranty?? Hope you have them fixed.

articfury 11-20-2002 06:54 PM

schindem-

Have you taken the car to the dealership to have them diagnose the problem?

Is the sound there ALL the time? Or is it just certain conditions? If so, what are the conditions?

dwnshift-

The sound I am hearing on my car doesn't sound like brake pad noise. Actually, it sounds like no brake noise I have heard before.

JD

PS

Why did you start a new thread for this subject? You have another thread already on this subject. :confused:

NissaNZ 11-20-2002 07:08 PM

I know you are frustrated but you're gonna give and give Nissan Consumer affairs a call they have to fix the problem if it's been like that since you got it.

mwr 11-20-2002 07:54 PM

I'll trade you the brakes from my Touring Edition for your Track brakes.

;)

Nathan 11-20-2002 08:01 PM

The Brembo brakes are very good brakes, i wood say you have glazed up your pads. We have just run a 24hr race with Endless MA45 endurance pads on one of the thoughest curcuits in the world & the calipers were better than we expected. There not gold anymore but a burnt brown colour. The dust seals were fried but there is no sign of seal leak. We thought we would have a problem & had spare calipers ready but did not need them.

dwnshift 11-20-2002 09:35 PM

Here is another little secret.........they really are not Bremos..........they are sumitmo's................(spelling)
In the near future there should be a couple of things to help the track package brake setup. We are working with this company.

ares 11-20-2002 09:53 PM

you really do need to clarify that statement... it sounds like your implying that the track brembos are a dumbed down version of what brembo ussually puts out. just with brembo painted on.

to make them perform like real brembos you have to upgrade them? I just became glad I got a touring, Ill go grab any one of the other 4 brands Ive seen in sema pics.

dwnshift 11-20-2002 09:57 PM

I personally think the track package brakes are really good. There is room for improvement. These improvments to the "track" bake package will be available within a couple of months.
R&D = racing

schindem 11-20-2002 11:35 PM

Please respond all Track owners!!!

I must clarify- I'm not dogging the performance of the Brembos-

They absolutely stop me on a dime.

But every time I roll to a stop in traffic and lightly apply pressure, they squeal like nothing I've ever heard. It makes the car's image go to ****, when this horrible noise is heard whenever I stop. If you all aren't getting any noise- whatsoever in this stop and go slow mode, let me know.

I'll get the dealer to throw new pads on and go from there...

Awaiting responses...

John 11-21-2002 05:21 AM

Yep, sounds like you glazed your pads.

2003z 11-21-2002 07:46 AM

my brembos dont squeak

ares 11-21-2002 08:13 AM

there is a proper pad break in procedure. something like 30sec cruise at like 35mph then medium pressure come to a stop. accelerate back to 35mph and stop again. repeat it like 10 or 15 times. this is sposed to get a good seat for the pads and rotors and make them work better together.

SandMan 11-21-2002 09:25 AM

Never ever had squeals on the Brembos. From day one they owned. Now they own even more. Damn I love these brakes, they are just so damn hot. You might need to get your brakes looked at, I would think squeaky Brembos would just not cut it. And also tell Nissan the problem so that in the future other Track models would not suffer.

ChinaClipper 11-21-2002 10:43 AM

Brembo sourcing?

Originally posted by dwnshift
Here is another little secret.........they really are not Bremos..........they are sumitmo's................(spelling)

dwnshift, I am curious about your statement. Where did you get your information about the sourcing for the Brembos?

The reason I ask is that I had the pleasure of talking to Yoshitaka Iijima, the 350Z suspension design chief about whether the Brembos were imported or domestically sourced under license. Yoshi indicated that the brakes were made in Italy and shipped to Japan for installation on the Track Model cars. No mention was made of Sumitomo being the licensee or source for the parts.

BrainStorm 11-21-2002 10:51 AM

Re: Brembo sourcing?

Originally posted by ChinaClipper
dwnshift, I am curious about your statement. Where did you get your information about the sourcing for the Brembos?

The reason I ask is that I had the pleasure of talking to Yoshitaka Iijima, the 350Z suspension design chief about whether the Brembos were imported or domestically sourced under license. Yoshi indicated that the brakes were made in Italy and shipped to Japan for installation on the Track Model cars. No mention was made of Sumitomo being the licensee or source for the parts.

I'm not defending his statement saying that the Brembos are not "authentic". But for a point of reference--the advertised 300-watt Rockford-Fosgate 9-speaker sound system that came with my SE-R is actually made entirely of Clarion speaker and headunit components...and that 9th "speaker" is actually a weak 10-inch subwoofer.

ChinaClipper 11-21-2002 11:08 AM

Re: Brembo sourcing?

Originally posted by BrainStorm
I'm not defending his statement saying that the Brembos are not "authentic". But for a point of reference--the advertised 300-watt Rockford-Fosgate 9-speaker sound system that came with my SE-R is actually made entirely of Clarion speaker and headunit components...and that 9th "speaker" is actually a weak 10-inch subwoofer.
Not a problem BrainStorm. A licensed product is still 'authentic' as far as sales and advertising. I understand there is a lot of "licensing" of product names, design and such, dating right back to the 240Zs using SU carburetors made under license by Hitachi, or Bosch Jetronic FI in 280Zs made under license in Japan. I just was curious as to the source of dwnshifts statement for Sumitomo sourcing of Brembo parts. (I would've accepted Yoshi's answer if he had said "made in Japan under Brembo license to Sumitomo" also!) :D :cool: :D :)

dwnshift 11-21-2002 01:15 PM

From what we have heard (from our sources) they are a joint effort between the two, And Brembo got to put their name on it. But they where not a true Brembo design..........
I like them.

Nathan 11-21-2002 02:20 PM

If it looks like a Duck & flys like a Duck it,s a Duck.
We souced all our spare parts for the brakes on the race car from from the Australian Brembo agent. The pistons,seals ect are the same as fitted by Nissan