MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Brembo logo for rear calipers needed and place needed to rebuild calipers (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/247444-brembo-logo-for-rear-calipers-needed-and-place-needed-to-rebuild-calipers.html)

wduvall 02-05-2007 10:21 AM

Brembo logo for rear calipers needed and place needed to rebuild calipers

I have the front caliper logos that are about 5 inches long. What I need is the rear caliper small logo that is , 1.75" to 2" long. I checked with "JVD Graphics" but they can't cut one that small and my contact at Brembo can't get them. Does anyone know where I could get these small vinyl logos from?

When the calipers get back from being refinished I need to find a place that can rebuild the calipers. Does anyone have a recommendation? I live in northern Virginia if that helps.

wduvall 02-06-2007 07:45 AM

bump for assistance

HyperSprite 02-06-2007 01:03 PM

Don't sticker it, stencil it http://www.eagleday.com/brcapaki.html
(look at the bottom of the page)
Chris

wduvall 02-06-2007 02:00 PM

That is a good idea, I hadn't thought of that before.

When I read the description about the stencil it talked about doing it the way the factory does it by painting the logo on. Well that isn't true for brembo OEM calipers. They use hi-temp vinyl then spray the clear coat over top to make it smooth. A good idea non-the-less.

THE TECH 02-06-2007 02:50 PM

Ebay is your friend. Search would have also helped since others have done the same thing.

wduvall 02-06-2007 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by THE TECH
Ebay is your friend. Search would have also helped since others have done the same thing.

Ahhh... I was waiting for someone to fall into that trap. I did search and contacted the ebay sellers and they can't cut the vinyl logos 2" long to fit on the factory rear two piston calipers. They said it was too small for them to cut. The smallest they could cut was 3.something inches long.

EDIT: I know someone out there is able to cut the logos the proper size for the factory rear two piston calipers. I'm trying to find that someone who can.

HyperSprite 02-06-2007 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Most brake manufactures probably silk screen the names on but that is not practical for the diy types.

I had Mike the powdercoater do mine, I think they turned out nice.

Chris

tomiegunzz 02-06-2007 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
Most brake manufactures probably silk screen the names on but that is not practical for the diy types.

Chris

Nice, how long did the whole process take? 1 week? So you went without brakes for a week?

HyperSprite 02-06-2007 07:01 PM

Yeah, about a week, I was upgrading from non-brembos at the time so it was no big deal. Not exactly ideal for someone already running the brembos though.

Chris

wduvall 02-07-2007 05:06 AM

Chris

Did he paint on the logos then?

davidf 02-07-2007 06:25 AM

Question is, do you have real brembos? It should be painted on already.

davidf 02-07-2007 06:27 AM

If your changing to a cool color, please post pics. afterward.:D

HyperSprite 02-07-2007 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by wduvall
Did he paint on the logos then?

Mike stripped the tattered gold paint off, powder coated them red and painted the "Brembos" on in silver.

Chris

wduvall 02-07-2007 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by davidf
Question is, do you have real brembos? It should be painted on already.

"Real" brembos aren't painted on. Brembo anodizes the bare metal, then hi-temp paints them, then affixes the hi-temp vinyl logo and then clear coats the caliper.

Originally Posted by davidf
If your changing to a cool color, please post pics. afterward.

Will do, they are being refinished in the brembo silver. Still a little while away from being finished though.

Mike stripped the tattered gold paint off, powder coated them red and painted the "Brembos" on in silver.

Chris

Nice. I looked at the stencil set that an earler post recomended and I think I'll get a set as backup in case I can't find a vinyl logo.