Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Brake Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 12:11 PM
Fall-Line

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Upgrade

I have a Base Model =)

I want to prep this car NOW for the eventual F/I setup =)

Im going to upgrade my brakes.

Any suggestions? I want to do all four corners. Post links!

Thank you for your advice.

Fall-Line.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:21 PM
jak

Look at the thread "Big Brake Group Buy Pricing!!"

Jeff
Old 04-04-2003, 03:11 PM
turbo03

The Big Brake Kit group buy looks good, but I'm a little skeptical. If the parts already exist why didn't wilwood come out with the kit themselves? The brembo's i would stay away from also because they just use standard kit and just make brakets for it to mount on a car. They don't test it. If the Big Brake group buy does work to what they are stating it will be a killer kit. Stoptech has done test with the 350z for there kit that is out. It woirks well, but is expensive. I think something the range of $3800 + for all 4 wheels. That is a lot of money on brakes especially if you dont plan on going to the track. The AP Racing kits look nice, but haven't heard any feed back from anyone

Just my 2 cents.

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-04-2003, 03:32 PM
jak

Greg,

The parts do not exist and will be developed by precision brakes/Wilwood. Before they develop a kit for our cars they want to be sure that there is enough interest to make it worth the while.

It looks like the final production specs will more than beat the stock Brembos and that was the indication I was given by the engineers. Even if this kit falls short of Stoptech, the difference between the Brembos and Stoptech is minimal.

After factoring in price this kit becomes quite intriguing.

Until the kit is produced and tested on a vehicle we may see this kit equal or exeed the Stoptech. The numbers and components seem to make this a probability.

For me I can say that I most likely will never be able to tell the difference between the Brembos or Stoptech. So if this kit at worse case falls in between the two.... I would bet that 90% of the people on this board couldn't tell the difference either.

Jeff

Last edited by jak; 04-04-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-04-2003, 03:50 PM
turbo03

Thanks for the info I look forward to seeing the reveiws.

thanks,
Greg
Old 04-04-2003, 05:16 PM
TheLex

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fall-Line, take a look at this link: http://www.zeckhausen.com/Testing_Brakes.htm

IMHO this is a very credible, well done test that shows you the effectivness of aftermarket brakes, in this case, StopTech. You can run all sorts of numbers, calculations, etc., but IMO the real deal is real world testing.

From the test in the link, it would appear that a front brake upgrade is more than adequate for most people.