MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   StopTech Brakes - as seen in Sept '02 C&D (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/3292-stoptech-brakes-as-seen-in-sept-02-c-and-d.html)

ethan84ae 08-10-2002 12:43 AM

StopTech Brakes - as seen in Sept '02 C&D

1 Attachment(s)
FYI, here is a reply I got from StopTech regarding the availability of high performance brake kit for the 350Z. I wonder how this will compare with any NISMO kits... $2K list seems pretty reasonable (?). Note that the kit is only for the front brakes- according to this month's Car & Driver, that's basically all you'll need, as the front brakes do most of the work...

Hi Ethan,

Thanks for your note. We have measured a 350Z for a front 332x32 (13.07 x 1.25 inches) brake kit much like the Audi S4 and BMW M3 front kits on the web site. We installed the kit on test vehicle and did some preliminary testing. We need to do one more go around on the testing as the first vehicle had different tires than the stock system. We are very confident that our 350Z kit will be a huge improvement in heat capacity over the stock system and equal or beat the stock braking distances (remember it is difficult to beat stock 60-0 stopping as the stock system can already lock the wheels) What the kit does is improve the high speed stopping and add heat capacity. In the September Car and Driver the StopTech equipted Apex Viper beat the 150-0 stopping distance of the stock Viper by 105 feet and also beat all other front engine cars (many with Alcon or Brembo systems).

Each kit includes the following:

2 each high performance directional floating StopTech 332x32 AeroRotors
2 each 7075 T6 Billet Aluminum directional hats with anti rattle hardware
one set of front DOT compliant stainless steel lines
2 each high performance ST40 calipers
one set of high performance street brake pads
All mounting hardware
Detailed instruction manuals

List price $1995.

Delivery is planned for September.

Best Regards
Robert E. Lee
General Manager
STOPTECH LLC
www.stoptech.com
PH 310-325-4799x106
FAX 310-325-6627

Here is a picture of the M3 Kit I downloaded from their site:

-Ethan

ethan84ae 08-10-2002 12:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
And here are a few pics of their Skyline kit for good measure:

ethan84ae 08-10-2002 12:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Skyline kit specs: <B>NOTE: THIS IS A DIFFERENT KIT than the 350Z</B>

Dramatically Increases heat capacity of front and rear brakes.

Front 380 mm x 32mm high performance AeroRotor®

Rear 355mm x 32mm high performance AeroRotor®

Floating two piece rotor includes hat system using billet
hats - eliminates distortion.

Innovative anti-rattle hat mounting system -
minimizes noise and knock-back

Slotted or drilled finish available for outgassing and
better pad bite.

High performance 4 piston aluminum caliper with
differential bore and dust boots - sized specifically sized for the Nissan Skyline

High perfomance pads included, racing pads available.

Stainless steel brake lines included.

Traffic 08-10-2002 02:34 AM

Hot damn; pretty freekin' nice; did they quote a price on the rears? I'd like to see what Brembo comes up with as well-

rai 08-10-2002 05:03 AM

Nice, if I didn't get the track with brembos, I would be interested. I wonder if they are any better then the brembos. Also the instillation will cost a few hundred no doubt.

2003z 08-10-2002 06:02 AM

Originally posted by rai
Also the instillation will cost a few hundred no doubt.
Installation should be as simple as plug and play. My general rule: If it doesn't require welding, there is no reason to pay someone to install it.

If I screw it up, then I'll pay, but I've only done that once, my 1st car (83 sentra). Tried to change the clutch, and had to tow it to the garage along with a box of parts, but that was because I had a friend helping me who was in automobile repair college, and was a little ahead of himself. btw, If you want to change a clutch on a fwd car, you don't access it through the half-shafts!

TXSTYLE 08-10-2002 09:35 PM

Originally posted by ethan84ae
And here are a few pics of their Skyline kit for good measure:
Yes, StopTech makes some good stuff! They had a project car up at HIN and appear to be making a strong yet reasonable product!

EnthuZ 08-11-2002 03:24 AM

I'm very interested in the StopTech Brakes. Curious if they will offer a kit that will still allow stock 17" rims to clear. I live in the snow-belt, so I plan on snow's on the OEM 17" rims, 18" performance tires for summer. I don't want to switch brakes & rims. Most kit's for 13 inch rotor kits for Mustangs requires only a 17" rim, so I don't think it's out of the question.

Has anyone had any experience with 2 piece (floating)rotors? Any draw-backs with them in the snow-belt?

fullvietFX 09-26-2022 10:05 AM

These look pretty sweet.

g356sp 09-26-2022 03:00 PM

This may be one of your oldest thread revivals, congrats.

MicVelo 09-26-2022 09:22 PM

Getting tired of all these pointless necrobumps lately. Signal to noise ratio is already low enough. Watch the dates people.