Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ lol dude. you got some funny pics.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:46 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Concave
H&R springs?
i was also looking at the hotchkis springs.
I guess i do need a linear spring, i need something predictable.
if you can tell the "predictability" of a linear vs progressive spring, on the street, with street tires, you're in the wrong profession and should immediately be on the next plane to Maranello Ferrari could make very good use of you!

There is no reason you cannot have good handling and a comfortable ride - there is no need to choose one or the other. Proper selection of components will ensure you get both
Old 03-07-2008, 04:51 AM
Concave
Banned

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance
if you can tell the "predictability" of a linear vs progressive spring, on the street, with street tires, you're in the wrong profession and should immediately be on the next plane to Maranello Ferrari could make very good use of you!

There is no reason you cannot have good handling and a comfortable ride - there is no need to choose one or the other. Proper selection of components will ensure you get both
haha its just that with my Ings kit, my car is pretty low in the front and I want my car to be lower but i dont want to hit a bump and my car floats then slaps the ground. i do go slow on bumps but i some are "hidden" around here.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:57 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you're not driving a town car.....no spring is going to feel like that unless the shock it is attached to is completely blown
Old 03-07-2008, 05:16 AM
Concave
Banned

yea i see.
i just thought the Z right now is kind of soft and if i lowered it, it would remain the same "softness" and just make it capable of slapping the ground.
imma just order the springs though and deal with it and see if i need new shocks later on down the road to stiffen it up a little tad.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:51 PM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance

Well,.............................

Different progressive springs will differ in their spreads between initial and final and at what point they change rate in travel. Setups with low initial rates, lower then oem will be easy to sense effecting turn in performance and brake dive, squat are more pronounced. Tie these weight transfer moments together in aggressive driving, doesn't have to be a track enviroment and IMO the sports car ownership experince is less then it could be. And we are not even addressing behavior in corner on less then smooth pavement. Even setup's like Eibach prokits which don't have the widest spreads have had owner comments about weight transfer issues related to their progressive nature.

For some owners it is a non issue that doesn't merit discussion and helping them select from any number of progressive spring offerings is the right move. And to some, they don't know right from wrong, sometimes running stuff that I'd unbox and toss in the trash vs on my car. Yet for some other's, it does matter.