MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   New D2 brakes on the Z (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/370932-new-d2-brakes-on-the-z.html)

Crom 10-29-2008 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JETPILOT (Post 6492703)
99% of the modifications done to cars is for looks and nothing to do with performance. BBK's that will never see a track. CF body parts with no weight savings over OEM. Big wings with downforce on cars that don't see track speeds to even become effective. Aero kits that have no aero advantages.

Sometimes I wonder if the lightbulb will switch on in some of these peoples brains who mod cars that I added alot of performance to my car and I'd like to see what it will do around a track instead of sitting at a HIN show. Even if it only once. Just use the parts you paid for. Ooooops but then again they may get scratched.

Bottom line .... get out on a track and use these parts for what they were intended for.

:werd:

OldDirty Z33 10-29-2008 10:03 PM

Crom didn't you just state the opposite? Or did I just not get what you said?

This is basically my point to you. I like parts that are functional and yes some style. What where you trying to prove to me?

Crom 10-29-2008 10:09 PM

I'm in full agreement w/ JET...that you feel better about the money spent when you're using it what its intended for...as long as if you have fun w/ it. - What I don't jive w/ is the overwhelming negativity.

OldDirty Z33 10-29-2008 10:16 PM

I dont know how to do my own quote but this is good enough.

I think we agree with the same things but got misinformed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33 View Post
Is the roof functional?? or just looks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33 View Post
I think yow hooks look stupid then on the car while DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33;
The wing I doubt really serves a purpose until probably 75+MPH and really doubt it creates enough down force to make any difference. Tow hook?? come on bro that's all I had to say.

1st one was a simple question for my own information
2ed is nothing but the truth. its like me rocking a parachute wile driving on the streets
3ed is just stating my opinion on when a wing works and again with teh ghay tow hook

Crom 10-29-2008 10:43 PM

I got 2 parachutes.....one in the back and one in the front ( incase the 1st one is a misfire)...then when I crash from not being able to see at least I can get towed.....But then I can buy a t-shirt at the track that day in the gift shop that says "Represent".... At least I had fun w/ my 20k in accessories.

Triple8Sol 10-30-2008 05:08 AM

Great another set of big brakes built for looks.

OldDirty Z33 10-30-2008 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crom (Post 6492813)
I got 2 parachutes.....one in the back and one in the front ( incase the 1st one is a misfire)...then when I crash from not being able to see at least I can get towed.....But then I can buy a t-shirt at the track that day in the gift shop that says "Represent".... At least I had fun w/ my 20k in accessories.

WTF? What are you trying to prove??? :confused: I don't get why you had to bring me in this like I was a bad guy and talk nothing but ****?? You got me so confused

Z1 Performance 10-30-2008 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by OldDirty Z33 (Post 6493549)
WTF? What are you trying to prove??? :confused: I don't get why you had to bring me in this like I was a bad guy and talk nothing but ****?? You got me so confused

you should step outside and take a breath of fresh air...it's the internet, don't take everything you read so literally or personally

OldDirty Z33 10-30-2008 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Z1 Performance (Post 6493921)
you should step outside and take a breath of fresh air...it's the internet, don't take everything you read so literally or personally

I'm so calm :icon17: But did you read the thread?? I dont get what he is trying to prove to me?? Ohh well seems like he wanted to prove a point but found out that we agree on parts should be used and not for show in most cases.

WXSigns 10-30-2008 08:31 AM

You spent the money to go with Volks then you put on coil overs and brakes from a Taiwan company?

Tac-M 10-30-2008 09:32 AM

what did i say ? RICE !!!