MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Bilstein Shocks (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/380471-bilstein-shocks.html)

eddiebrock71 08-19-2008 02:37 PM

Bilstein Shocks

Has anyone installed the Bilstien shocks on their Z. I am debating on replacing the factory tokico shocks on my 2008 with the Bilsteins.

One reason is I like the monotube design of the Bilsteins and also, I think they are faster quicker rebound than the stock, so it should reduce some of the bounciness of the Z.

I am not interested in lowering the vehicle. So please only give replies about replacing the stock shocks.

Z1 Performance 08-21-2008 05:47 AM

I don't know anyone who did it on a new car, only as replacement for 03-04 - give it a try and report back!

I think we might have a set...I'll check and pm you

jmark 08-21-2008 05:51 AM

You want to see bouncy try a 2003 350Z! Koni SA Yellows helped alot.

eddiebrock71 08-21-2008 03:26 PM

yeah I was curious about the Bilsteins. I have had them on my mustangs and they have been great. but it seems they are not too popular in the Z crowd. the Bilstiens are monotube design vs. the twin tube shocks.

Tokico has never really been a favorite of mine. Konis are nice but Bilsteins drive a little smoother. and I do not need adjustable shocks.

Z04 08-21-2008 03:32 PM

if i were to go bilstein, i would go PSS9 coils

Gsedan35 08-21-2008 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by eddiebrock71
yeah I was curious about the Bilsteins. I have had them on my mustangs and they have been great. but it seems they are not too popular in the Z crowd. the Bilstiens are monotube design vs. the twin tube shocks.

Tokico has never really been a favorite of mine. Konis are nice but Bilsteins drive a little smoother. and I do not need adjustable shocks.

The OEM replacement shock market is a narrow field, KYB GR-2, Tokico HP and Bilstein HD. As the most expensive offering in that category by a wide margin, it's to be expected that they would not be popular since most won't understand the point in spending the extra money. And then if they are willing to spend the extra money they can be drawn away to have damping adjustability in the D-spec or Koni's. So, do not look at the Bilstien's lack of popularity here as a reason in your case to not buy them. As someone that has run Bilstein HD's in the past like you, has Koni's in his garage, has driven on D-specs and currently owns Bilstein Pss9 coilovers,.....IMO buy the Bilstien's. To be honest, I've dyno'd my Koni's, I really REALLY love to dyno some HD's :D

godmans 08-23-2008 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Gsedan35
The OEM replacement shock market is a narrow field, KYB GR-2, Tokico HP and Bilstein HD. As the most expensive offering in that category by a wide margin, it's to be expected that they would not be popular since most won't understand the point in spending the extra money. And then if they are willing to spend the extra money they can be drawn away to have damping adjustability in the D-spec or Koni's. So, do not look at the Bilstien's lack of popularity here as a reason in your case to not buy them. As someone that has run Bilstein HD's in the past like you, has Koni's in his garage, has driven on D-specs and currently owns Bilstein Pss9 coilovers,.....IMO buy the Bilstien's. To be honest, I've dyno'd my Koni's, I really REALLY love to dyno some HD's :D

Bro! Let me just settle with my d-specs and call it a day lol :(
but good points nonetheless

RedBullRR 02-20-2015 12:35 PM

123 - No delete option anymore

zerofighter 02-20-2015 01:25 PM

I always prefer monotube over twin any day. But you should also be aware that there will be ride height differences with a monotube.

Spike100 02-20-2015 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by RedBullRR (Post 10551169)
123 - No delete option anymore

:confused: What was said in the original posting?