MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   How much did you pay for coilover installation? (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/425077-how-much-did-you-pay-for-coilover-installation.html)

Panu 03-26-2009 02:09 AM

How much did you pay for coilover installation?

just wanna know the reasonable price...thxs:)

Z04 03-26-2009 02:22 AM

they make this thing called a telephone and yellow pages. you look under the automotive section and call your local shops and get prices. then you select the best one. simple right?

dyss 03-26-2009 02:26 AM

i knew i'd been doing something wrong this whole time...

JEKL 03-26-2009 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Z04 (Post 7123531)
they make this thing called a telephone and yellow pages. you look under the automotive section and call your local shops and get prices. then you select the best one. simple right?

OK, but how do I make a "call" that you speak of? Do I open the window and yell it, do I learn the ancient indian art of smoke signals or do close my eyes and wish it? How about you quit using fancy words like that and just help us out?

Next you will probably tell us we should start posting in the correct forums or that we should learn how to spell the word "your"! WTF?

teh215 03-26-2009 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by Z04 (Post 7123531)

That's fine and all but, OP what's to know what is reasonable. If he calls a shop and they quote him 40 hours and $3000 for the install, is he to assume that is reasonable? I would think not. His question is valid although is should have been asked in the regional section. This site has really gone to sh!t with the all of the a-holes and 18 year olds. :rolleyes:

dieselmcore 03-26-2009 05:01 AM

shouldnt be more than $500 for the install

HawaiianBBQ 03-26-2009 06:03 AM

Some would charge $100 per corner. That's $400 plus tax, license, fees, blah, blah, blah...oil waste, towel use and whatever kind of BS these guys make up :) There is a DIY guide here (search first my friend). It should save you cash, you'll know more about your car and the only thing you would have to take it to the shop for is an alignment. When you're done, put your OEM on CL and you'll even have some dinero in you pocket as well. Good luck!

Sharif@Forged 03-26-2009 07:21 AM

It depends on what brand and type of coilovers. Some required the diassembly of the OEM units, and reuse of the top cats. This takes additional time. I would say, about $350-$450 including setting the ride height.

JSDZ33 03-26-2009 07:27 AM

spend a Saturday on it, and learn something about your car by doing it yourself.

jubes 03-26-2009 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by jekl1000 (Post 7123581)
OK, but how do I make a "call" that you speak of? Do I open the window and yell it, do I learn the ancient indian art of smoke signals or do close my eyes and wish it? How about you quit using fancy words like that and just help us out?

Next you will probably tell us we should start posting in the correct forums or that we should learn how to spell the word "your"! WTF?

Z04 made a valid statement, in regards to the OP's original question. The OP should've contacted local shops in regards to quotes, THEN, if OP is looking for a reasonable price, state how much he was quoted for and ask if it was decent or not. But, if OP is just asking how much it is, then you should've just called local suspension shops for that, not post a thread in the forums.

Originally Posted by teh215 (Post 7123673)
That's fine and all but, OP what's to know what is reasonable. If he calls a shop and they quote him 40 hours and $3000 for the install, is he to assume that is reasonable? I would think not. His question is valid although is should have been asked in the regional section. This site has really gone to sh!t with the all of the a-holes and 18 year olds. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing Z04's words could've been worded in a more approachable manner, but OP's question lacks detail, therefore you get a bold response such as z04 gave.

RedLine 350z 03-26-2009 10:03 AM

I agree with Z04. Type www.yellowpages.com and you will find a few local tuner shop in your area. Ask them how much and that's much accurate than asking somebody here. Most rather tackle that task and install them themselves. You can even call up CarX or wheels and tires shop if they sell shocks/struts. They will give you a price. Probably the best way is to call up a tuner shop since they know better than Joe at CarX who has been working there for a week.

folgrz 03-26-2009 10:13 AM

if you are somewhat mechanically inclined I would say do it yourself.

and whats even better is that it's FREE

JEKL 03-26-2009 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by jubes (Post 7124449)
Z04 made a valid statement, in regards to the OP's original question. The OP should've contacted local shops in regards to quotes, THEN, if OP is looking for a reasonable price, state how much he was quoted for and ask if it was decent or not. But, if OP is just asking how much it is, then you should've just called local suspension shops for that, not post a thread in the forums.

And I was agreeing with him. And I agree with you for that matter. It just gets old seeing all these people asking the forum to spoon feed them everything they want to know. I made that mistake with my first post and now I know better. Posters need to demonstrate that they have put forth at least a single ounce of effort but have just hit a wall and need help. Then I am happy to share the things I have learned.

jubes 03-26-2009 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by jekl1000 (Post 7125280)
And I was agreeing with him. And I agree with you for that matter. It just gets old seeing all these people asking the forum to spoon feed them everything they want to know. I made that mistake with my first post and now I know better. Posters need to demonstrate that they have put forth at least a single ounce of effort but have just hit a wall and need help. Then I am happy to share the things I have learned.

LOL I sooooooo agree with you on some people being spoon fed without actually trying to find it themselves. :thumbup:

r_seng 03-26-2009 12:30 PM

Do it yourself.

ADMAN 03-26-2009 03:23 PM

:+1: on DIY upgrade.

usarmyttt 03-26-2009 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by teh215 (Post 7123673)
This site has really gone to sh!t with the all of the a-holes and 18 year olds. :rolleyes:

A-men!!! I cannot believe how people get off on being A-holes!!!

Xlr82x 03-27-2009 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by usarmyttt (Post 7126871)
A-men!!! I cannot believe how people get off on being A-holes!!!

+1... I think the site should focus less on trying to bash the newb's and more on trying to help.

If you don't feel comfortable pulling the suspension off the car, then try to network with some people on here and see if anyone is close to you. I am sure with all the Z's out there, that you should be able to find someone who would be willing to help tear apart your car for maybe some beer or something.

costilla 03-27-2009 07:41 PM

I say do it yourself. that's how I save money. if you can't, then start making friends with a shop so they can hook you up brother!

Well, since I'm so busy these days, I paid $125 to put my springs on. it took 4hrs for my mechanic to do it. I wouldn't pay 300-400 for that service. Btw a alignment shop can't align your car, just fix your toe. Unless you have adjustable everything, then they can align.

Sorry for a wierd post:)

cellphoneguy 03-29-2009 02:03 PM

theres a guy in Tampa that does it from his house for $75