Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Alliance Brakes. Anyone using?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:04 PM
seekanddestroy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 I want to buy these soooo bad but its hard without real numbers. I can only afford to pull the trigger once.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

to answer the question in the title of this thread, now 370Z/g37 guys are using Alliance brakes two more g37s have these also
first installed pics, i delivered these personally to Mike down in Atlanta, and he got them on this weekend.
cell phone pics, but he'll have photos and a full review up soon including A LOT of track time reviews

Old 02-14-2010, 02:29 PM
gorillagoggles

I personally do not own the Alliance BBK, but I have spoken to tons of members on this forum that do own a set. I can say that when the time comes I will be purchasing this kit over everything else out there because everyone I spoke to loves them. Whether on the track or not, everyone said these things are solid! Mike's an awesome guy and based on how much he helped me when I was just considering purchasing from him makes them that much more of a logical choice. Alliance FTW!
Old 02-14-2010, 08:27 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by gorillagoggles
I personally do not own the Alliance BBK, but I have spoken to tons of members on this forum that do own a set. I can say that when the time comes I will be purchasing this kit over everything else out there because everyone I spoke to loves them. Whether on the track or not, everyone said these things are solid! Mike's an awesome guy and based on how much he helped me when I was just considering purchasing from him makes them that much more of a logical choice. Alliance FTW!
thank you for the kind words about my service, and of course the brakes.

better pics of the above 370Z:

Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 PM
06platinumG

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Are those 19 or 20 inch wheels
Old 02-14-2010, 10:42 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

those are 20s
Old 02-14-2010, 10:43 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

oh in advance, if youre asking about wheel diameter in regards to clearance, all you need is a 19" wheel to clear the 15" rotor and caliper!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:43 PM
gorillagoggles

Damn Mike that 370 looks good!
Old 03-04-2010, 12:24 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by gorillagoggles
Damn Mike that 370 looks good!
Yeah he's a great customer of ours, real cool guy i've met in person and had dinner with twice, his name on here is 'apocalypse now,' he was our first 370Z and took the plunge with the Alliance kits when they were new. glad you like
Old 04-05-2010, 07:14 PM
Blackheart

those alliance bbk's look so damn good!!! I need to save up quite a few thousand pennies to get these beauties. hopefully soon.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:52 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

no need to save it all at once with payment plans! Im replying to your 2 PMs right now, check them out in a few minutes

Originally Posted by seekanddestroy
+1 I want to buy these soooo bad but its hard without real numbers. I can only afford to pull the trigger once.
glad to have got you on board, your kit ships tomorrow
Old 04-06-2010, 01:44 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not one person mentioned anything about the tires being used. Has anyone used these witha set of Hoosier R6's or Toyo R888's? I mean who is serious tracks a car on street tires? Let's be real!

I don't know of anyone competing with these brakes. Maybe people are running HPDE's with them. But that doesn't say much. What tracks are people using these on? What class arethey driving in? Are the cars turbocharged or NA? Are the cars full weight or lightened? Slicks, r-compound, or street tires? My car will stop in half the distance with hot r-compound tires as opposed to a street tire. Brakes won't make you stop any shorter! Tires determine the distance your car will stop in.

The more pistons a caliper has usualy the less structural regidity it has as well unless your using to a monoblock caliper and even then not all monoblock calipers are created equal either. The alloy used comes into play in regards to rigidity as well.

Until someone puts these to the test then they are just parking lot eye candy to wow people.

Some guy.. "How many pistons they got"?
Car owner... "8 pistons bro".
Some guy... "Wow... they are so awesome and I love the color".

That's usually how the conversation goes. Let's call apples apples and oranges oranges. These are for car shows.

The pad choices you give are part numbers not compounds.

Last edited by JETPILOT; 04-06-2010 at 01:55 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:12 AM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Not one person mentioned anything about the tires being used. Has anyone used these witha set of Hoosier R6's or Toyo R888's? I mean who is serious tracks a car on street tires? Let's be real!

I don't know of anyone competing with these brakes. Maybe people are running HPDE's with them. But that doesn't say much. What tracks are people using these on? What class arethey driving in? Are the cars turbocharged or NA? Are the cars full weight or lightened? Slicks, r-compound, or street tires? My car will stop in half the distance with hot r-compound tires as opposed to a street tire. Brakes won't make you stop any shorter! Tires determine the distance your car will stop in.

The more pistons a caliper has usualy the less structural regidity it has as well unless your using to a monoblock caliper and even then not all monoblock calipers are created equal either. The alloy used comes into play in regards to rigidity as well.

Until someone puts these to the test then they are just parking lot eye candy to wow people.

Some guy.. "How many pistons they got"?
Car owner... "8 pistons bro".
Some guy... "Wow... they are so awesome and I love the color".

That's usually how the conversation goes. Let's call apples apples and oranges oranges. These are for car shows.

The pad choices you give are part numbers not compounds.
the pad numbers are the pad shapes, which allows you choose any compound from that list. i have a newer list too for anyone who PMs me including all the available Hawk pads/compound

one of our 370Z customer is an avid weekend racer, and is shooting for just under 1000HP, his car is being shipped to GTM right now for a block build and twins (not sure which brand, probably GTM) and will put these to the ultimate test. we have had customers auto-x these and put them to track use (no i dont know the class he raced in, just open track day), both have reported outstanding results; minimal fade and brake power consistency after 25+ on a road course. so while we dont have super-high-class-super-duper expensive racing league usage from our customers yet, many of our customers who rode on Stoptech, Rotora, and aftermarket Brembos in the past have let me know that they favor their Alliance kit over their previous kits in terms of performance and function, while also liking the visuals obviously.

not that theres anything wrong with the parking lot conversation you proposed; most people who buy BBKs, whether its Alliance, AP, or ridiculously priced Endless setups buy them for looks with a track day or two every year at most. nothing wrong with that.