Here is the actual picture of these for anyone who is curious
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-img_1606.jpg  
Old 02-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Gsedan35

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by xman2yman
Here is the actual picture of these for anyone who is curious
Wow the rears don't look like they have very much piston stroke

Here's a link to the shock dyno's for them.

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ock-dynos.html
Old 02-10-2012, 10:33 AM
xman2yman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah they do seem like they are short. Here is a better picture of both next to each other. In regards to the Dyno info, I do not have the slightest idea on how to read that lol. Should I be worried that they don't seem to have a long stroke?
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-img_1612.jpg  
Old 02-25-2012, 02:32 AM
nismo_ninja

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AdvanZ33
I've noticed there is a difference in the rear springs with BC BRs. Some kits included the gold hat with a "thinner" spring:

The other rear spring expands and doesn't include the gold hat:

Is this a difference between an older/newer model or a difference between the longer/shorter rear spring?
Looks like a progressive spring and a linear one to me
Old 02-25-2012, 03:34 AM
03threefiftyz
350Z-holic

Received 117 Likes on 63 Posts

No. Both are linear. One is tapered because b/c wanted to lower the cost on their end (shocker...I know).
Old 02-25-2012, 01:49 PM
xman2yman

Default Fortune auto 500 install and review PT1

Ok everyone, today me and brother installed the fortune auto 500 coil overs on my 03 350z boring with 97k on it. The install consisted of the coil overs, toe arms (spring bucket delete by battle arm) and rear camber arms by Eibach. We started at 2pm and were test driving the car at 430 thats including installing new brake pads all around. So it did not take very long at all but we also had a shop to do all the work at with all the tools, plus he is really good. The only real negative about these coil overs is the fact that they do not include anywhere to attaché the brake lines and we had to zip tie them on.

After we installed these the car had the entire wheel gap eliminated right away. I was worried that the car was going to bottom out everywhere because I kept the dampening levels at what Fortune set them at which if I am correct is the softest setting. I did this since R/T tuning (Lansdale Pa) will be getting a call in 48hrs to set up my alignment there and they can adjust all that properly. We took it for a drive and both were in agreement that it was riding significantly better then before, probably because the car suspension had anywhere between 40k miles-96k miles on it, not sure the amount since I bought the car with 67k on it. More sup rising was the fact that it did not bottom out at all anywhere in the softest setting, including a good 15mile soy highway in speed of 60-85 with good to mediocre roads. Even more surprising was the fact that the car was not in anyway trying to go off the road. I am not saying the alignment was perfect but damn if it was very close to is. I let go of the steering wheel and did not need to grab it all until the bend on the highway, so about 20-30secs of not touching it I would say.
Onto the road. The car feels as though it is more planted then it was before, on ramps and off ramps felt more comfortable and felt more flat at the same speeds I am used to taking them. I was pleasantly surprised by this since again it is set at the softest setting right now and it feels great so far.
Finally the final thing I was very glad to see. I was driving on the highway and there was another Z ahead on the right lane which looked as though had some work, at least a cat back on it. I as drove by it I noticed that the driver did a double take take on the car. This as vein as it sounds did put a smile on my face.
Buying these was through IIR (Import Image Racing) they took my order and gave me a very good price including a military discount. I ordered them on a monday and I had the camber arms on tuesday and I got the coil overs themselves on thursday day. Billy was extremely helpful with all the questions I had and I had a lot too. I will be using the company for future parts and will be utilizing R/T tuning for actual work my brother and I can't tackle since so far they have also been extremely useful.
Finally, I will say I am not an expert on this and my vehicles before this were a CRX and a BMW 5series E39. I am formulating this review simply on how it feels to me. So far 30 miles into the coil over install they feel great but we all know is long term that matters. If anyone has any questions please feel free to PM me with questions. If I can answer the question I will do so and if I cannot odds are I will search out the answer because curiosity kills me.
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-orig-1.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-orig-2.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-coils-box.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-front-coil.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-coil-1.jpg  

Old 02-25-2012, 01:52 PM
xman2yman

Default more pictures

Those were my before pictures and these are the present pictures, will take more when it settles in and after alignment. The front bumper looks horrible but it will be repainted very soon, thank god.
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-toe-and-camber.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-lowered-1.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-lowered2.jpg   ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-lowered3.jpg  
Old 03-25-2012, 01:52 PM
xman2yman

Update about a month and half of having them installed and maybe 400-700 miles. Alright well I figure I might as well add an update to the coils after being installed for a small amount of time. First the negatives. After having the coil overs installed and alignment done on them, the alignment also included adjusting the coil overs to a more neutral setting. (meaning having them set dead center of stiff and soft). When I had them installed they were on the softest setting bc thats the way they came. This setting seems to fine but you do feel the road more then ever before. Still rides good and feels very planted so depending on what you are looking for this setting may work great for some and not others. The one thing I did notice was when riding on the interstate without the radio on bc me and the wifey weren't talking lol was the road noise. Some roads can get rather noisy and you literally hear everything in the rear. I guess since its true style all the noise gets transmitted directly into the car now. Again no radio or talking was going on so everything seemed amplified at the time and when you hear something it jus gets louder the longer you go. I was traveling about 60-80. Now when I got on smooth rds you heard nothing at all. So it seism like it was a mixture of the rd surface, tires and coil overs. Now as the coil overs themselves I thing they are awesome still and do not regret the purchase at all. For me it rides well and I love the way it handles and looks now. As far the spacers go I sadly need to trow money to the side for a little bit but when I get an extra 220 they are the first thing I am getting. Any questions please feel free to ask away.
Old 03-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Zhinobi

Update about a month and half of having them installed and maybe 400-700 miles. Alright well I figure I might as well add an update to the coils after being installed for a small amount of time. First the negatives. After having the coil overs installed and alignment done on them, the alignment also included adjusting the coil overs to a more neutral setting. (meaning having them set dead center of stiff and soft). When I had them installed they were on the softest setting bc thats the way they came. This setting seems to fine but you do feel the road more then ever before. Still rides good and feels very planted so depending on what you are looking for this setting may work great for some and not others. The one thing I did notice was when riding on the interstate without the radio on bc me and the wifey weren't talking lol was the road noise. Some roads can get rather noisy and you literally hear everything in the rear. I guess since its true style all the noise gets transmitted directly into the car now. Again no radio or talking was going on so everything seemed amplified at the time and when you hear something it jus gets louder the longer you go. I was traveling about 60-80. Now when I got on smooth rds you heard nothing at all. So it seism like it was a mixture of the rd surface, tires and coil overs. Now as the coil overs themselves I thing they are awesome still and do not regret the purchase at all. For me it rides well and I love the way it handles and looks now. As far the spacers go I sadly need to trow money to the side for a little bit but when I get an extra 220 they are the first thing I am getting. Any questions please feel free to ask away.
could you PM this coils price on what you end up with at IIR please?
Old 04-04-2012, 09:43 AM
ALO8

Originally Posted by brandon3434
Forgot to post this one...

Stance Coilovers w/ Swift Springs

Stance Coilovers by Brandon Hatfield, on Flickr
whats this part of the coilover Brandon?
Attached Thumbnails ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!-stance.jpg  
Old 04-08-2012, 05:06 AM
xman2yman

For me that is where I had to adjust the height on them
Old 04-08-2012, 09:16 AM
ALO8

For me that is where I had to adjust the height on them

the black piece looks like a rubber piece. i had never seen that. i noticed not all 4 had them
Old 05-07-2012, 03:26 PM
InsaneWang

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That's the mount for the brake lines
Old 07-09-2012, 11:35 PM
350Zdj

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

350Z KW VARIANT 2
Part 15285002
Progressive front/rear spring rates
Front 485lbs to 525Lbs (8.6kg/mm to 9.38)
Rear: 240Lbs to 548Lbs (4.29kg/mm to 9.79)
Front Lowering: 0.8" to 1.5"
Rear Lowering:0.8" to 1.5"
Uses factory top mounts.
Rear height adjusters go to the top part of the springs when installed.

Straight out of the box.
Name:  KWV22of3.jpg
Views: 1174
Size:  554.6 KB

Front height adjuster can be lock/unlocked using the "key" provided by KW. (I think it's a 2mm hex key)

THe pic here shows where that key goes (notice the tiny hole on the side of the adjuster)
Name:  KWV23of3.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  455.4 KB

Last edited by 350Zdj; 07-29-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 PM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

nice...
Old 07-11-2012, 10:34 PM
LeZbe

I take all the coilovers mentioned in this thread will give a drop of over .5"?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:55 PM
Jade@Ksportusa

Ksport Kontrol Pro
18mo warranty
12kg Front 7.2kg Rear
32way damper adjustment
Height adjustable/pre-load independently
True Coilover type rear

Old 07-29-2012, 07:29 PM
ALO8

i bought some coilovers and was installing but ran into a problem. The fronts adjust differently. one has 23 clicks and the other one clicks 41 times. what causes the this? they are brand new i would understand one click off but 18 clicks off from one to another?
Old 07-29-2012, 09:00 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Originally Posted by Jade@Ksportusa
Ksport Kontrol Pro
18mo warranty
12kg Front 7.2kg Rear
32way damper adjustment
Height adjustable/pre-load independently
True Coilover type rear

Must be a drift setup or KSport has no clue when it come to spring rate.
Old 07-29-2012, 09:59 PM
S13 S1lvia

Originally Posted by terrasmak
Must be a drift setup or KSport has no clue when it come to spring rate.
Was thinking the same thing, that's a huge difference in sprint rates front/rear.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ACTUAL 350z coilovers! - pic thread!