Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Nismo S-Tune Suspension Rear Camber Out of Spec.

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 12:29 PM
StraySheep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nismo S-Tune Suspension Rear Camber Out of Spec.

Last week I got my nismo s-tune suspension installed, then after running them in for a week, I brought the Z in for an aligment.

The nismo s-tune suspenion is suppose to allow you to adjust the camber & toe to be within spec without the need for any aftermarket camber/toe kits.

After the alignment (with a full tank of gas), no issues with the front, but the rear camber is a bit too negative out of spec even after adjusting the camber all the way.

My 06 Z has OEM track V2 wheels with 275/35R19 (brand new tires) on 19"x10" wheel on the rear.

Any one else have this problem with the nismo s-tune suspension rear camber out of spec (only slightly)?

Last edited by StraySheep; 09-06-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:35 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

Some people do, none of these cars the the same. Some sit with high camber from the factory (then lowered it is out of spec) others sit more in the lower range. OEM camber out back to -1.1 to -2.1
Old 09-07-2011, 06:50 AM
jmahad01

I bought camber arms and toe bolts with my s-tune suspension. The reason I did this was because I knew I was going to cut the spring isolator thingy. Anyway I adjusted the camber arms the best I could in relation to the stock arms and went for an alignment. I was not off by much but I was on track v1's. Maybe its your rim and tire size affecting it.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:37 PM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by StraySheep
Last week I got my nismo s-tune suspension installed, then after running them in for a week, I brought the Z in for an aligment.

The nismo s-tune suspenion is suppose to allow you to adjust the camber & toe to be within spec without the need for any aftermarket camber/toe kits.

After the alignment (with a full tank of gas), no issues with the front, but the rear camber is a bit too negative out of spec even after adjusting the camber all the way.

My 06 Z has OEM track V2 wheels with 275/35R19 (brand new tires) on 19"x10" wheel on the rear.

Any one else have this problem with the nismo s-tune suspension rear camber out of spec (only slightly)?
I just installed my Nismo S set up and for the REAR I got -2.4* each side...specs are between -1.1* and -2.1* so it wasn't that far off. I was able to bring it to
-1.8* each side easily with an alignment and no special camber kit.
Old 06-29-2012, 10:29 PM
zeroaccessinc

Originally Posted by StraySheep

I know this is an old post, but just FYI it's off just a bit I was told due to the weight of the driver. Per Nissan* Once the driver is in the car, it's evened up... I had the same issue and bought the coil overs twice and replaced them, same issue as the first set. So I have a new set of rear's if anyone wants them..
Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 AM
ronn1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UPDATE:

I had S tune and rear camber was -1.8 (spec is -1.1 to -2.1).
I just switched to Eibach Prokit springs in the rear (retaining S tune shocks), which LOWERED the car another 1/2". The specs are now -2.1 on the left and -2.3 on the right..no problems with tire wear. If you're less than -2.5, I wouldn't give it a second thought.

Last edited by ronn1; 06-30-2012 at 10:01 AM.