Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

brake line flare type...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
nismo_ninja

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default brake line flare type...

I'm doing a hydro ebrake install and am having custom lines made but I don't know and haven't been able to figure out what type of flare the z lines are any info is appreciated thanks
The following users liked this post:
meanz (04-18-2016)
Old 12-05-2011, 04:47 PM
albinobob

It’s a single flare on a 3/16 line and the threading for to ABS block (is that’s the route you’re going) is 10mm x 1.0 I’ve done three of these now. What e-brake setup are you going with? Also I suggest you go with easy bend hard lines instead of the steal braided lines. It’s cheaper and actually easier.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:58 PM
nismo_ninja

I'm using asd's 10" pullup handle and ya I like the way its done at the abs block I have a ? Since you're experienced have you done any on a touring my abs block is different than the one in the write up on here my lines are farther apart and I don't think I can easily swap them around so if I took out the abs block and used tees instead will that cause me some unknowingly to me issue? Thanks
Old 12-06-2011, 06:46 PM
albinobob

I ripped out my ABS block (you need to keep the ABS computer for your speedo to work, it's the plastic part attached to the ABS block) Doing this will permanently disable your ABS and EBS which IMO is a good thing.

You’re gonna want to look up how the brake lines are routed and change the primary to both front brakes and secondary to both back brakes (in cars with ABS primary goes to front left and rear right so the ABS can still control the car if one of your lines go) But in short Yes you can just use T’s to bypass the ABS block completely.

Oh and the easiest way I have found to route the lines is through a grommet just above the accelerator pedal mount it pops out just to the bottom left of the brake booster. It’s the shortest distance and you avoid as much engine heat as possible.
Old 12-06-2011, 07:45 PM
nismo_ninja

Thank you
Old 12-07-2011, 04:12 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

^ another trick is to use bailing wire in sections and mimic your path, then take the bailing wire form and go bend the hardline table side copying the bailing wire bends...

-J
Old 12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
nismo_ninja

Thanks I can easily get that...
Old 12-07-2011, 08:38 PM
nismo_ninja

Ok so i guess I have one more question I think the line coming out of the master cylinder is a 5/16" line what size fittings are on it? I was going to have lines made and bring that line down so I knew for sure what size it was but if I can just buy hard line ill do that thanks guys for all the help...