MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Stillin VS Hotchkis (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/550538-stillin-vs-hotchkis.html)

sgreb 03-12-2012 06:14 AM

Stillin VS Hotchkis

Hi Guys,

Is there a major difference between the Hotchkis, and Stillin sway bars?

From what I read everyone seems to really prefer the Hotchkis, however I have not seem much on the Stillin. I also have a line on the Stillin brand new that are reasonable pricing.

huyrua 03-12-2012 06:32 AM

The difference is one extra adjustment hole.

sgreb 03-12-2012 06:58 AM

lol. So it would be worth saving $150.00 to go with the Stillin.

The other question i had was does the Stillin come with new mounting hardware and bushings, it doesn't say on their website.

huyrua 03-12-2012 08:20 AM

Yes, it will come with new bushings. I have the Stillen setup for 4yrs and happy with it.

Blu_Blur 03-12-2012 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by sgreb (Post 9649210)
Hi Guys,

Is there a major difference between the Hotchkis, and Stillin sway bars?

From what I read everyone seems to really prefer the Hotchkis, however I have not seem much on the Stillin. I also have a line on the Stillin brand new that are reasonable pricing.

I don't know of any difference but I have had my Hotchkis sways on for 8 years on my '04 and they are amazing. They are big, thick bars and adjustable of course. No corrosion, good paint and when I was all-motor, it was the only mod at the time that I could feel any difference in compared to the air intake, headers and exhaust, lol.

However, Stillen might also be awesome as well. My suggestion, if possible, is to go and look and feel each one in your hands and go from there. If money is that big of an issue, then I'm sure Stillen is okay.

I discovered Hotchkis in a sports car magazine on how to make a car handle the best it can and it was the Z that was the project car. Coupling the Hotchkis sways with BFGoodrich KDWII's was the mags idea and it was amazing when I bought them. I tested the set-up after I got the gear installed on a curling freeway on-ramp I was familiar with. The car turned in instantly and, compared to previous times, did not want to understeer in to the guard rails. The car was on rails!

sgreb 03-12-2012 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Blu_Blur (Post 9649439)
I don't know of any difference but I have had my Hotchkis sways on for 8 years on my '04 and they are amazing. They are big, thick bars and adjustable of course. No corrosion, good paint and when I was all-motor, it was the only mod at the time that I could feel any difference in compared to the air intake, headers and exhaust, lol.

However, Stillen might also be awesome as well. My suggestion, if possible, is to go and look and feel each one in your hands and go from there. If money is that big of an issue, then I'm sure Stillen is okay.

I discovered Hotchkis in a sports car magazine on how to make a car handle the best it can and it was the Z that was the project car. Coupling the Hotchkis sways with BFGoodrich KDWII's was the mags idea and it was amazing when I bought them. I tested the set-up after I got the gear installed on a curling freeway on-ramp I was familiar with. The car turned in instantly and, compared to previous times, did not want to understeer in to the guard rails. The car was on rails!

Thank you for your reply. I keep running into Hotchkis with my reading and that is making me questions myself.

Are your bars thicker then stock? I called Stillin today and they mentioned that it does not come with any hardware, or bushings and they mount right onto factory. I don't have an issue with this as I can obviously just buy the urethane bushings separately, but if they are more of a small OE upgrade vs the Hotchkis that would be better suited for AutoX, and track days it may be worth the extra 200-300 bucks to get them.

TucsonG35 03-20-2012 11:05 AM

are you guys running them with oem or aftermarket endlinks?

raf84ny 03-20-2012 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by TucsonG35 (Post 9660512)
are you guys running them with oem or aftermarket endlinks?

I would get aftermarket endling. OEM endlinks tend to not withstand the additional stiffness of the aftermarket sway bars.

SPL makes quality parts...