MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Question about suspension. (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/550775-question-about-suspension.html)

The_Laughing_Man 03-14-2012 10:20 AM

Question about suspension.

I'm definitely a suspension newby, but I've been searching around the forum and I think I know what I want. My Z is on stock suspension and wheels at the moment but I'm wanting to space the wheels out (I hate how tucked in they are stock) and lower it. I'm thinking I'll buy bolt on wheel spacers, 25mm front and 30mm in the rear. To lower it Tein S-Tech springs. So, finally, my question, is this all I need? Can I throw these parts on my car, get it aligned and be good to go?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

The parts:

Spacers

Springs

dfresh713 03-14-2012 10:37 AM

There are categories for suspension and other technical areas for the car, make sure your posts are in the correct area. Moved

The_Laughing_Man 03-14-2012 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by dfresh713 (Post 9652802)
There are categories for suspension and other technical areas for the car, make sure your posts are in the correct area. Moved

Sorry about that! Thanks for moving it.

SoCal07HR 03-14-2012 11:19 AM

Try looking in the Suspension 101 thread that is stickied at the top of the brakes and suspension area.

Waiz 03-14-2012 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by SoCal07HR (Post 9652851)
Try looking in the Suspension 101 thread that is stickied at the top of the brakes and suspension area.

+1

There also is a "Spacers 101" thread in the Wheels/Tires that is full of good info for spacers

mmaZ33 03-14-2012 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by The_Laughing_Man (Post 9652768)
I'm definitely a suspension newby, but I've been searching around the forum and I think I know what I want. My Z is on stock suspension and wheels at the moment but I'm wanting to space the wheels out (I hate how tucked in they are stock) and lower it. I'm thinking I'll buy bolt on wheel spacers, 25mm front and 30mm in the rear. To lower it Tein S-Tech springs. So, finally, my question, is this all I need? Can I throw these parts on my car, get it aligned and be good to go?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

The parts:

Spacers

Springs

Is it just me or were the s-tech spring rates revised as per the posted link? I'm new to the Z game but I'm pretty sure I've read in the past that the tein specs were a downgrade when compared to the OE revised suspension. Gonna have to re-research this because I was heavily considering the RSR's but can't seem to find the Ti2000's anywhere.

EDIT: Must have looked at some wrong info in the past. Those specs are correct for the s-techs.

Arvin89 03-14-2012 04:47 PM

You can just lower it and align it and be on your way. But expect rapid tire wear from the out of spec camber. What you want is to bring it back to spec by getting at the very least rear camber arms and toe bolts. If you want to do it properly you can also get front upper control arms. Thats a basic enough set up to get you on your way.

Read the Suspension 101 sticky thread by Jason. Its very helpful.

Bmurray350z 03-14-2012 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Arvin89 (Post 9653216)
You can just lower it and align it and be on your way. But expect rapid tire wear from the out of spec camber. What you want is to bring it back to spec by getting at the very least rear camber arms and toe bolts. If you want to do it properly you can also get front upper control arms. Thats a basic enough set up to get you on your way.

Read the Suspension 101 sticky thread by Jason. Its very helpful.

why would the camber be out of spec if he's just lowering an inch or so, plus getting an alignment..?

The_Laughing_Man 03-14-2012 06:42 PM

Thanks for the info, guys. Guess I'll do it right and get the whole sha-bang. It's gonna turn out to be a more expensive job than I thought.