Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Opinions on certain coils wanted

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2012, 04:21 PM
QuintonC

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Opinions on certain coils wanted

I was wondering what people were thinking about certain coils. I have my name on the reserve list for TopSpeed Pro-1 Coils, but I'm not sure if I will buy those or not. I am also looking at Tein and Stance Super Sport+ or GR+. Just curious as to the opinions on all of these. I will more than likely never track my car as I am just a daily driver looking to customize my ride. I may show my car every once in a while, but not hardcore.

I have researched this throughout the forums and have found that some people say that the Tein's make noise and that the Stance's give poor handling, and I'm not sure if that is just general poor handling or if it's only poor whenever it comes to tracking. I know to stay away from Megan parts, so I haven't looked at those. And I have looked for info on the TS Pro-1 coils and all I found is that they're a very basic entry-level coilover. Also, the Super Sport+ are similar to the GR+ but has a helper spring.

What do you guys think I should get? Looking for something under 1.6k.

Thanks everyone,

Quinton
Old 03-25-2012, 06:06 PM
Josh|Swag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have my name on the reserve list for the ts pro-1's as well.. but I really don't like how you have to remove them to adjust ride height so I'm probably not going to go with them.
I've heard from several people time after time again that the tein basics don't drop their cars nearly enough.. however I've heard they have pretty good ride quality.
I've heard nothing bad about stance gr+. I've also heard great things about bc br coilovers, which is probably what I'm going to go with, personally.
Those or stance gr's.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:27 PM
QuintonC

Originally Posted by Josh|Swag
I have my name on the reserve list for the ts pro-1's as well.. but I really don't like how you have to remove them to adjust ride height so I'm probably not going to go with them.
I've heard from several people time after time again that the tein basics don't drop their cars nearly enough.. however I've heard they have pretty good ride quality.
I've heard nothing bad about stance gr+. I've also heard great things about bc br coilovers, which is probably what I'm going to go with, personally.
Those or stance gr's.
Aha, I knew I'd find someone in the same boat as me. :P Best of luck to you, and let me know what all you find out.
Old 03-25-2012, 06:39 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

With your budget and the fact that you do not intend to track your car, look into Bilstein
PSS10 if you can find them. You get a drop of up to 1.5 with superb ride comfort.
I was in the same boat 2 years ago and after research upon research, I decided on those.
Unfortunately my budget fell short so I had to settle for something else. It is still in my radar though
Old 03-25-2012, 08:34 PM
FlushedOut

hmm from what I've seen and used, bc br coils depending on how low you are gonna go with your car or how low you think you are gonna go with your car will affect your buying decision with them. all of my friends and just recently me myself have decided that bc br doesn't go as low as we want and to get a hellaflush or even hella tucked look will be nearly impossible since maxing out the coils will still leave you about a 3 finger gap between your rims and your fender (mine is rolled and I'm riding on te37s 19x9.5 and 19x11 running 225/35 and 245/40)
Old 03-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I have a set of Eibach ProStreet S which are rebranded KW-V1's and they're worth every penny.
Old 03-25-2012, 10:32 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,284 Likes on 1,646 Posts

$1600 budget , KW V2 is what I would look at.
Old 03-26-2012, 04:59 AM
QuintonC

Thanks everyone for the replies. Just out of curiosity though, how are the installs for all of these? And how is the quality of the stances, just curious.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:29 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^Listen to terrasmak. He knows his sheit.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Originally Posted by QuintonC
Thanks everyone for the replies. Just out of curiosity though, how are the installs for all of these? And how is the quality of the stances, just curious.
The easiest to install will be KW do to not having an adjustable body. The install for all of them is simple, the properly setting up of them is another story.

KW, since they are actually built for the Z, not just generic crap off the shelf (china coilover) they do not need an adjustable body.
Old 03-26-2012, 08:47 AM
QuintonC

Originally Posted by terrasmak
The easiest to install will be KW do to not having an adjustable body. The install for all of them is simple, the properly setting up of them is another story.

KW, since they are actually built for the Z, not just generic crap off the shelf (china coilover) they do not need an adjustable body.
Sounds good. So what's the difference between V1-V3? Also, I read about someone having to cut holes into their rear strut to have the ability to adjust their ride height. Is that the case with all coils are these different? Thanks!
Old 03-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Sounds good. So what's the difference between V1-V3? Also, I read about someone having to cut holes into their rear strut to have the ability to adjust their ride height. Is that the case with all coils are these different? Thanks!
Dampening and rebound adjustments
Old 03-26-2012, 11:41 AM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

The cut in the strut brace is for dampening adjustment. No coilover get adjusted for height thru the brace
Old 03-26-2012, 11:48 AM
Vivid Racing
Sponsor
Vivid Racing

For $1600, I'd look at the KWs. They're a good balanced option. They won't slam the car, but they will lower the car enough to get rid of the wheel gap and make it look a bit better. They've got proper valving, so they won't ride terribly.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:24 PM
QuintonC

Thanks so much everyone! I'm definitely looking at the KWs, just out of curiosity, should i get the v1 or 2? And so i won't have to drill through the strut brace? Sorry for all of these questions, I've been reading a lot on these and want to make everything just right and be somewhat knowledgeable on them. Thanks so much everyone!
Old 03-26-2012, 12:36 PM
Flo-ridaZ33

Thanks so much everyone! I'm definitely looking at the KWs, just out of curiosity, should i get the v1 or 2? And so i won't have to drill through the strut brace? Sorry for all of these questions, I've been reading a lot on these and want to make everything just right and be somewhat knowledgeable on them. Thanks so much everyone!
V1's don't have dampening adjustments so you can only adjust ride height... V2's have dampening and ride height adjustments.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:55 PM
QuintonC

Alright, I believe that makes everything set in stone then. I believe I am going to get the V2's asap. Just to be sure, I need to get the coils, an adjustable rear camber arm, toe bolt, and front upper control arms. That is all I need, correct? Thanks so much everyone!
Old 03-26-2012, 01:18 PM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

The V2s are awesome according to those tha have them. The rear camber and toe stuff is almost a must. The fronts you can get by without them. Depends on how low you intend to go with them
Old 03-26-2012, 01:23 PM
QuintonC

Originally Posted by beezee
The V2s are awesome according to those tha have them. The rear camber and toe stuff is almost a must. The fronts you can get by without them. Depends on how low you intend to go with them
I'm not completely certain, however I know that they drop .8-1.5 in. So I might end up around 1.2 ish. I figure I might as well just in case I decide to drop all the way. I don't figure 1.5 is too much, but I do want to keep it somewhat practical :P
Old 03-27-2012, 09:28 AM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i have KW v2 coils. highly recommend.

Quick Reply: Opinions on certain coils wanted