MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   lowering springs help! (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/588836-lowering-springs-help.html)

ixIMPORTxi 01-03-2014 05:16 AM

lowering springs help!

Alright I'm new to modding a Z, I've always been Honda until about a year ago. Anyway I can get a set of lowering springs for 45 that were meant for a g35 sedan. The springs dropped the sedan 2" how much would it drop my Z? Also depending on how much of a drop it would it be, would I need camber kits and toe kits or will it be not as dramatic of a drop to not need them? Thank you for your help!

CJM 01-03-2014 06:54 AM

It helps to know what the brand name is and what it actually is

ZROCM 01-03-2014 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by ixIMPORTxi (Post 10299153)
Alright I'm new to modding a Z, I've always been Honda until about a year ago. Anyway I can get a set of lowering springs for 45 that were meant for a g35 sedan. The springs dropped the sedan 2" how much would it drop my Z? Also depending on how much of a drop it would it be, would I need camber kits and toe kits or will it be not as dramatic of a drop to not need them? Thank you for your help!

Yes, it will help knowing the brand. But in general I think it may not lower the Z as much, because it is lighter than the G.

There are various spring options out there made specifically for the Z. You may want to research these and check out many of the pictures on My350Z.com where users list what springs they have used. I actually have a set of Eibach Pro springs for sale in the marketplace section. They lower the Z by 1 inch. Be careful about how low you go. I've read that going beyond 1.75 inches has negative results with handling. Good luck with your choice.

travlee 01-03-2014 08:56 AM

me having the pro kit on 18" wheels i drag on alot of stuff.... you can get a new pair for around 250 or buy the guys in marketplace

Waiz 01-03-2014 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by ixIMPORTxi (Post 10299153)

Welcome to the forum

G35's can use our springs and shocks but we cannot use theirs. Depending on how low you go it would be a good idea to at least get rear camber arms when lowering the car.

Spend some time in this thread, more than enough info for you to get accumstomed to the platform:

https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-...ion-101-a.html

07maximan 01-03-2014 10:19 AM

Keep in mind 2" is pretty much slamming the Z. You will scrape on everything.

terrasmak 01-03-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by ZROCM (Post 10299353)
Yes, it will help knowing the brand. But in general I think it may not lower the Z as much, because it is lighter than the G.

There are various spring options out there made specifically for the Z. You may want to research these and check out many of the pictures on My350Z.com where users list what springs they have used. I actually have a set of Eibach Pro springs for sale in the marketplace section. They lower the Z by 1 inch. Be careful about how low you go. I've read that going beyond 1.75 inches has negative results with handling. Good luck with your choice.

It's a lot close to 1 inch up front and 1.5 out back before geometry goes to crap.

ZROCM 01-06-2014 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by terrasmak (Post 10299637)
It's a lot close to 1 inch up front and 1.5 out back before geometry goes to crap.

Thanks for the correction.

driftsucky 01-08-2014 06:06 AM

The Sedan springs will do little to nothing for your Z. The Z is lighter than the G COUPE and the Sedan is heavier than the G Coupe. There's an entire car in between what you have and what you need. Throw that crap away and then get some quality Eibachs or something. Grab a front and rear camber kit just to be safe. If you're like most, you'll never use it, but better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it. Also, save up. You're about $700-$1000 worth of stuff right there to lower your car and never ever change the height ever without spending more money. Quite a bit more than that initial $45 bux. :D

terrasmak 01-08-2014 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by driftsucky (Post 10302320)
The Sedan springs will do little to nothing for your Z. The Z is lighter than the G COUPE and the Sedan is heavier than the G Coupe. There's an entire car in between what you have and what you need. Throw that crap away and then get some quality Eibachs or something. Grab a front and rear camber kit just to be safe. If you're like most, you'll never use it, but better to have it and not use it than need it and not have it. Also, save up. You're about $700-$1000 worth of stuff right there to lower your car and never ever change the height ever without spending more money. Quite a bit more than that initial $45 bux. :D

It's up to around a 200 pound difference that works out to between 1/8 to 1/4 inch in height. Now for the actual drop part, the sedan sits about an inch taller than a Z from the factory, so a 2 inch drop on a sedan will work out to about a 1 inch drop a Z.

ixIMPORTxi 01-17-2014 06:07 AM

Thank you everyone I think I'm going to save up and buy a set meant for a Z and lower the car about an 1.25 all they way around. I'm just looking for a clean look without slamming it, I live in a small town in Missouri so roads aren't great. I know how to drive them though I've had numerous slammed cars but I don't want to hurt the Z the others where Hondas so it okay parts where dime a dozen lmao!

ixIMPORTxi 01-17-2014 06:11 AM

this is my Z I want a little bit more of a clean look. Also this is my first video ive ever done so feedback is welcome. (Im a photographer)

driftsucky 01-18-2014 02:13 PM

Well, my first bit of feedback is that your video doesn't exist. Start there and let's expand on that. :D

ixIMPORTxi 01-26-2014 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by driftsucky (Post 10310147)
Well, my first bit of feedback is that your video doesn't exist. Start there and let's expand on that. :D

CJM 01-26-2014 08:57 AM

Just post the link man, the video failed again

ixIMPORTxi 01-31-2014 11:47 AM

http:// http://m.youtube.com/watch?v...%3Dg1H1iS_EtFs

travlee 01-31-2014 12:37 PM

not to be a butt..... dang you suck at posting links....

pyshin 01-31-2014 12:47 PM

What is happening in this thread LOL

Syner 01-31-2014 01:20 PM

hai gaiz! i'm hear!

Highlight link
CTRL+C
Change window
CTRL+V

What is so difficult?