MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   Suspension suggestions. (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/598625-suspension-suggestions.html)

Monster00101 10-17-2014 10:54 AM

Suspension suggestions.

I've been out of sports cars for quite some time now. My cousin had passed away a couple weeks ago and left me his 2003 350z. Was told it has 500hp naturaly aspirated. It only has 50,000k on it. Came with a set of twins that I plan on putting in over the winter. At the moment the thing is really hard to keep under control when u get on the gas. If everything I've been told is true by his friend that built the car it should b around 750hp after the install. I need some sugestions to keep this thing from killing me hahaha. Gonna b a Sunday driving monster. Don't plan on tracking it much. Maybe little but of drifting. But when I hit it I want it to b able to out the power down. Any sugestions would b great. So far my idea was to put a wide body kit on it as the one now is cracked. Figured I could get more meat on it that way. Suspesion is stock now from the looks of it. Rides a little lower then normal so I'm guessing something is done to it. Any ideas would b appreciated. Thanks.

Monster00101 10-17-2014 11:01 AM

Also was told that the car was built bullit proof. Waiting on all the receipts for it but the guy who built it said it was built for major power. Said it could b taken up to 1000hp with no issues arising. Again I don't know much about this car at the moment. But he's pretty confident that putting the turbos in will cause no problems if done right. They r very wealthy people so I'm guessing no expense was spared.

Syner 10-17-2014 11:04 AM

:bowrofl: "500hp NA" :bowrofl:

someonemx 10-17-2014 11:46 AM

there are much info about suspension in the forum.

but IMHO if you want a descent firm ride go with sport shocks and springs, maybe Koni Yellow or Tokico D-Speck shocks with a firmer springs (eibach, h&r), if you want to go serious to match all that horsepower that car claims to have then go with coilovers.

btw, don't forget a good set of brakes and sticky tires to handle the power.

Syner 10-17-2014 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by someonemx (Post 10485642)
there are much info about suspension in the forum.

but IMHO if you want a descent firm ride go with sport shocks and springs, maybe Koni Yellow or Tokico D-Speck shocks with a firmer springs (eibach, h&r), if you want to go serious to match all that horsepower that car claims to have then go with coilovers.

btw, don't forget a good set of brakes and sticky tires to handle the power.

:icon8:

You don't need coils to "match HP"

Monster00101 10-17-2014 02:11 PM

I can neither confirm not deny the numbers yet as I just got it. It has nitto nto1s on it right now. Is that a good tire to stick with as well? He really liked them. And thank u for the sugestions. I'm new to this so figured this would b a good place to start. I would really like the car to hold the road well but also b able to get loose. But only when I tell it to.

someonemx 10-17-2014 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Syner (Post 10485643)
:icon8:

You don't need coils to "match HP"

You're right.

I was trying to say that if the car was all out in power then it will be a "good" option to go all out in a quality corner weighted tuned suspension.

Originally Posted by Monster00101 (Post 10485743)
I can neither confirm not deny the numbers yet as I just got it. It has nitto nto1s on it right now. Is that a good tire to stick with as well? He really liked them. And thank u for the sugestions. I'm new to this so figured this would b a good place to start. I would really like the car to hold the road well but also b able to get loose. But only when I tell it to.

That's a nice set of tires.

Monster00101 10-17-2014 02:39 PM

Ok I'll probably stay with those tires and the brakes r done on it as well they r ap racing calliper sand it's got some pretty big slotted and drilled rotors.

Monster00101 10-17-2014 10:37 PM

So I did some looking around at ur sugestions and the yellows r under the sport category. What would b the diffrence between sport and racing shocks? Pros vs cons? R they gonna stick it better but ride worse? Or does it just offer more adjustability? I wouldn't know how to adjust them anywAy but I could learn. I know how to tune off-road suspension but I'm guessing that's a different ball game. Correct me If I'm wrong. I'm ignorant when it comes to this stuff but I want to do it right and learn as I'm building the rest of this car.

jv350z 10-18-2014 05:16 AM

this made me laugh

SmoothZ 10-18-2014 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Syner (Post 10485628)
:bowrofl: "500hp NA" :bowrofl:

Why so funny? My flux capacitor gets me that much HP.

Monster00101 10-18-2014 07:59 AM

I don't get it. Like I said I'm
New to this. Only cars I've had were muscle cars so I'm really uneducated when it comes to this stuff.

Monster00101 10-18-2014 08:12 AM

And I don't know if that's what the car has. Just what I was told. I know guys like to measure hp in penis inches. My town is small and there is no dyno in town. I'm gonna take it to the guy who built it in calgary to get the turbos in then I can get the true numbers. I only drove it once since I picked it up. Still waiting on all the paper work to go through from the death. I do know that when u really get on it the car gets real squirly and I wanna get that under control. When the twins go in it's gonna get worse. So any sugestions anyone has to help the car handle better I'm all ears. The ammonit of hp it has is irrelevant. The point is I wanna do whatever I can to make this thing stick to the road.

SmoothZ 10-18-2014 09:32 PM

You can correctly modify your wheels, tires, suspension, and brakes and it will make your Z handle better than another Z with 500hp. Enough track experience with those kind of mods will make you better than most high HP cars.

KingBaby 10-19-2014 06:06 AM

pics....

Sorry for the lost of your cousin...

Monster00101 10-19-2014 07:23 AM

Thanks. Was too early for him. Was a great man. How do I post a pic? I'm new to this site.

SmoothZ 10-19-2014 07:28 AM

You can click on New Reply to go to advanced mode, or you can upload photos to sites like Photobucket or Imageshack and then paste image url's into the post here.

Monster00101 10-19-2014 07:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My 350

SmoothZ 10-19-2014 07:38 AM

Sweet Z. Take pics of your front end and the engine bay, too. To get a full understanding of your car, you should just put it up on a lift at a shop and look underneath to see all of your suspension. Take lots of photos.

As for suspension mods, browse the suspension section for ideas.

Monster00101 10-19-2014 07:38 AM

Only one is coming up for some reason