MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Brakes & Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension-399/)
-   -   ST Suspension (https://my350z.com/forum/brakes-and-suspension/614528-st-suspension.html)

jdmlove1 02-01-2017 01:45 AM

ST Suspension

Anybody tried them? i did some reading... they are made in Germany and use KW specs except they r made from less grade steel or aluminium not sure...
there are 3 types

ST X
ST XA
ST XTA

very reasonable prices for German coil-overs..

any inputs?

MicVelo 02-01-2017 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by jdmlove1 (Post 10858550)
Anybody tried them? i did some reading... they are made in Germany and use KW specs except they r made from less grade steel or aluminium not sure...
there are 3 types

ST X
ST XA
ST XTA

very reasonable prices for German coil-overs..

any inputs?

I know nothing about the present "ST"; but back in the day, when they were an independent company called Suspension Techniques, they made the sway bars used on our S30s, Dimes, Celicas, etc. Good stuff then... sort of the equivalent of "Hotchkis or Eibach sway bars for our Z33s". Now they're the U.S. arm of KW but don't really know anything about their ST X coilovers.

ottacat 02-24-2017 09:54 AM

I'm seriously looking at the ST XTA's, basically KW V2's at a cheaper price. They are galvanized steel instead of "inox-line" stainless steel. However that isn't an issue for me as the car doesn't see salt.

jdmlove1 02-26-2017 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by ottacat (Post 10865368)
I'm seriously looking at the ST XTA's, basically KW V2's at a cheaper price. They are galvanized steel instead of "inox-line" stainless steel. However that isn't an issue for me as the car doesn't see salt.

I found them in Deamon tweeks for good price, shipping is reasonable as well.

but i still couldnt find any 350z owner review or feedback.

MicVelo 02-26-2017 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by jdmlove1 (Post 10865721)
I found them in Deamon tweeks for good price, shipping is reasonable as well.

but i still couldnt find any 350z owner review or feedback.

Look up the word "pioneer", bud. Cuz it looks like you'll be one. :icon17:

And.... sommmmmeone's gotta do it.

ottacat 06-04-2017 06:17 AM

I have the ST XTA's. Very happy with them. I use them for both road and track. On road with dampers adjusted soft, the progressive rears and helper springs on front make the setup very comfortable on the street. At the track with the dampers adjusted stiff they perform very well. You have that slight initial give in the springs due to them being progressive but a road and track car is always a compromise. Front springs are very well suited to the car.

Build quality is excellent. Versions for the 350Z of course are not front camber adjustable like the pics on the website.

Only issue was that bolts on front were too long and required drilling out of the strut bar. I know this is common issue with many coilovers but still a piss-off that a nearly 2K (CDN) part designed specifically for cars don't fit properly and the manual doesn't address the issue. I emailed ST (KW handles the support as these are KW V2's without the stainless steel) about the issue and essentially got a collective shrug that 'everyone makes them that way'.

jdmlove1 06-06-2017 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by ottacat (Post 10891252)
I have the ST XTA's. Very happy with them. I use them for both road and track. On road with dampers adjusted soft, the progressive rears and helper springs on front make the setup very comfortable on the street. At the track with the dampers adjusted stiff they perform very well. You have that slight initial give in the springs due to them being progressive but a road and track car is always a compromise. Front springs are very well suited to the car.

Build quality is excellent. Versions for the 350Z of course are not front camber adjustable like the pics on the website.

Only issue was that bolts on front were too long and required drilling out of the strut bar. I know this is common issue with many coilovers but still a piss-off that a nearly 2K (CDN) part designed specifically for cars don't fit properly and the manual doesn't address the issue. I emailed ST (KW handles the support as these are KW V2's without the stainless steel) about the issue and essentially got a collective shrug that 'everyone makes them that way'.

thanx allot for the info, finally some inputs! i already ordered them. i am using CUSCO after market strut bar. i think i will have to drill it too.

Did you try to drift with them?

ottacat 06-06-2017 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by jdmlove1 (Post 10891750)
Did you try to drift with them?

No, sorry, just tracking with them.

jdmlove1 09-12-2017 12:38 AM

finally installed the ST XTA, immediately noticed the ride quality improvement over my old tein s techs! much better ride in all ways.

The coilovers really worth the price, only 2 minor down sides:
difficult to adjust rear height even if you remove the wheels
you have to make wholes in the rear tower inside the trunk to adjust the damper

i noticed that you will have to get rid of the rear springs hats!

i will post a video soon!!

am driving with 9 clicks from full soft all around! still confused about the damper settings!

jdmlove1 09-17-2017 04:14 AM

sorry the video in Arabic, but at least am the first one filming these coilovers!

Bahraini350Z 10-04-2017 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by jdmlove1 (Post 10915529)
sorry the video in Arabic, but at least am the first one filming these coilovers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C2W2sFZkAg

Thanks for the vid buddy

feedback please on those coilovers :skidmark:

jdmlove1 11-10-2017 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bahraini350Z (Post 10918747)
Thanks for the vid buddy

feedback please on those coilovers :skidmark:

you got the feedback that day! but anyways the car felt so comfy! and more controllable at the same time... stiff setting is stiff but the z turned into a pointy car rather than over steering all time!