Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 01:00 PM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Advice needed

I have been reading suspension posts for 2 weeks now and there is WAY to much info. I was hoping to get some help figuring this out. I am on a budget and want/need to do some suspension upgrade/fixes.

I have some bushings that need to be replaced and those are going to be polyurethane, no problems there.

I am on the fence to order Whiteline sway bars with end links or go Eibach or Hatchkis. Decent reviews on all...

But I am truly torn between OEM style Strut/Shock and Spring or true full coli-over replacements. This is where I really need some advice...

My driving type is a love for the twisties. I don't track today but I want to in a year or 2. I love being able to hit a sweeping curve or off ramp at 50 to 80+.

My budget for this part of the suspension is only about $900 - $1000. I follow the "You get what you pay for" philosophy. But I see some coil-over prices as low as $300 (BuyAutoParts on Amazon) and $400ish (DNA, Rev9, Godspeed). How do these compare to companies like Megan, K-Sport or Bilstien etc...? The price only goes up with the "name brand" stuff. But is the upwards cost really THAT much better? And I still need to get the adjustable control/camber arms for a good wheel alignment.

Advice?
Old 09-11-2017, 05:40 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,292 Likes on 896 Posts

The old saying "you get what you pay for" really applies to suspension components. Buy cheap stuff and you'll regret it. For $1K, quality coilovers are simply not within reach. Get some good quality swaybars and save up for some Bilstein or Koni dampers as a next step.
Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM
Mukrat
Race Naked FTW!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The Whiteline swaybars with there adjustable end links are good quality, yes? Their website has the best package deal calue I have found anywhere.
Old 09-12-2017, 01:20 AM
BluestreamDE

Received 289 Likes on 232 Posts

I ran those white line adjustable sway bar links for a while with my Z, after 6 months the middle golden washer that holds the two screwable ends stripped itself on both my rears then one of my fronts. I ended up just the Oem links.

Not saying it will happen to u, just my experience. And I am only running Tein Lowering Springs.