Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers

Sway Bar End Link Help

Old 10-11-2017, 10:17 PM
Kasra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar End Link Help

Hey guys so recently I was installing some coil overs into my '05 z. not going to lie, this was my second install on a car in general, first being my blast pipes, so it is all a learning curve for me that is why it took the 2 days to install all 4 sides. Anyways, when i got to the fronts i realized they weren't a walk in the park to get off, so it took me a while but i got the fronts off, but in the process I removed the sway bar end link on the driver side. While doing this somehow the thread of the bolt got stripped and i tried to cut it but its just to short now, I also tried filing it down. I am all out of options besides replacing the whole thing which I am fine with doing. But really what the reason I am making this post is to see if you guys think it is fine if i go ahead and drive short distances without it attached. Let me know!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:28 AM
Atreyu'z 350

Received 262 Likes on 228 Posts

Ehh, I wouldn't drive it very far, and I wouldn't go above 30mph. It can become dangerous if you do, especially around corners and while braking... Why are you thinking about driving it like this?
Old 10-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Bak3rme

Received 127 Likes on 97 Posts

personally, I think you are fine without sway bars FOR THE TIME BEING. You could disconnect the both sides on end links and take the sway bar out or just have it connected on one side. What will happen is you will notice more body roll around turns. I wouldn't do spirited driving and all. Go out in an empty parking lot and see for yourself. The sway bars and end link brace both ends of the suspension so it doesn't flex as much under heavy cornering. You are fine for the time being. No crazy driving
Old 10-13-2017, 04:26 AM
yosip1115

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Plenty of teenagers are driving as we speak with their sway bars detached to go lower in their VW's etc. You're fine
Old 10-14-2017, 07:53 PM
terrasmak
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,283 Likes on 1,645 Posts

I drive without andendlink for a week. Suspension work, had to remove the endlinks with a cutoff wheel.

Then a few years later, I was doing an oil change. Just thexar up and noticed my whiteline endlinks was broken, noidea when this happened

Search this Thread