Fender to Ground measurement Database? - MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

Notices
Brakes & Suspension 350Z stoppers, coils, shocks/dampers
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fender to Ground measurement Database?

Old 10-23-2018, 09:52 AM
myrddin

Default Fender to Ground measurement Database?

He folks, I am adjusting my coil overs, does anyone know of a DB that shows cars with wheel size and the measurement from fender to ground? I turned my rear up to about 27, now looking to raise the front just a bit... or is there some math that says if my rear is 27 the front should be 26.5... just looking for someone with experience with this setup is all. If I dont get any feedback i will go with 26.5 in the front and take a look at it after... Yes I know that is close to stock height... but my house has a steep driveway and its killing my car... just need to see how it does after I lift it some.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:26 AM
myrddin

Anyone know if the measurement listed her is the measurement made to the coil over? I think I am going to try 1 inch rear, and 3/4 front at the coil over... and see what I get fender to ground. I was looking for something a little more recommended... but like most things I am sure its driver specific. Curse my driveway at least I can adjust it as needed.
Tein 350Z DB
Old 10-23-2018, 11:02 AM
myrddin

randomly fell into this measurement...

front 25.5
rear 26.75

about a inch and a quarter dif, I am going to roll it back and forth a bit and recheck and adjust as needed and then give it a go... if you folks have any comments let me know...

also in case it comes up my tire size:
275/35-19
245/35-19

Last edited by myrddin; 10-23-2018 at 11:14 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:37 PM
myrddin

Can someone check me on this... I have raised my car (since I am making it a daily driver for a while) and I'm still grinding some on my driveway and random speed bumps... Can I assume that stock height is the same for me if I use the coup with 18's and 45's (since I have 19's and 35's).

Currently my setting is:
front 25.5
rear 26.75

Looks like stock would be:
front 26.89
rear 27.80

If I raise my car () to 26.5 front and 27 rear you think that will be OK? or should I do 26 front and keep the rear at 26.75?

just looking for thoughts... I hate lifting my car, but I can take it back down when I am able to pick up another daily...
Old 11-08-2018, 02:06 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by myrddin View Post
Can someone check me on this... I have raised my car (since I am making it a daily driver for a while) and I'm still grinding some on my driveway and random speed bumps... Can I assume that stock height is the same for me if I use the coup with 18's and 45's (since I have 19's and 35's).

Currently my setting is:
front 25.5
rear 26.75

Looks like stock would be:
front 26.89
rear 27.80

If I raise my car () to 26.5 front and 27 rear you think that will be OK? or should I do 26 front and keep the rear at 26.75?

just looking for thoughts... I hate lifting my car, but I can take it back down when I am able to pick up another daily...
OK, this is totally confusing. I'm not really sure what or where those numbers are coming from. Fender lip measurements is all I can gather.

But this isn't the issue here. Your 19s with those sizes should fit fine as they are actually shorter by a few mms than stock 18s with stock size tires. What's never mentioned are the wheel sizes, in particular the offset. Not sure where you're grinding on them (inside or outside or...???) but your offset could be off enough to create the interference.

I've run those identical size tires and now run 255/285 and do not have any clearance issues at -20mm ride height.

EDIT: Just out of curiosity, I just went and measured my fender heights.... 26" front, 27" rear. Which jibes with the 0.8/~20mm lowering. Haven't done that measurement since the day it was dropped.

Last edited by MicVelo; 11-08-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 02:12 PM
myrddin

sorry... The wheels are perfect, no rub at all... I can drop the car way down and it never rubs... the problem is I went from track/spirited driving to daily driving... the lip and undercarriage grinds on the driveway and speed bumps... I lifted it some (tein coil overs) and its better (see measurements above fender to ground) and now it will only slightly grind the lip as I pull out of the driveway, or if I go to fast over some speed bumps it will bottom out on the undercarriage. So where I am at now is I think I want to take it closer to stock height is all... and the question is what do you think a good daily driver height would be? I will adjust it up more (fender to ground height) and run it that way till I can get another daily driver... at which time I will drop my Z back down to race height...
Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 PM
MicVelo
350Z/370Z Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Thanked 1,807 Times in 1,324 Posts

Originally Posted by myrddin View Post
sorry... The wheels are perfect, no rub at all... I can drop the car way down and it never rubs... the problem is I went from track/spirited driving to daily driving... the lip and undercarriage grinds on the driveway and speed bumps... I lifted it some (tein coil overs) and its better (see measurements above fender to ground) and now it will only slightly grind the lip as I pull out of the driveway, or if I go to fast over some speed bumps it will bottom out on the undercarriage. So where I am at now is I think I want to take it closer to stock height is all... and the question is what do you think a good daily driver height would be? I will adjust it up more (fender to ground height) and run it that way till I can get another daily driver... at which time I will drop my Z back down to race height...
See my edit above.

OK, all this time, thought you were referring to tire interference. Try raising it up to where I have it. But heck, even with my conservative lowering, I'll occasionally scrape my lip and exhaust on speed bumps. Life in the fast lane. (5mph over aggressive speed bumps, laff...)
Old 11-08-2018, 03:12 PM
myrddin

Thanks buddy. Thatís about what I had in mind. Iíll give it a go and just see how things are. If I go really slow itís not terrible. I just added a CF lip and some exhaust and some other goodies... now unfortunately due to surprise I need to drive it for a while as a daily. So I just want to tune it to normal street till I can change it back so I donít bang it up.

Thsnks for helping me out!