Notices

FS: Z1 Stainless Steel Brake Lines (non-Brembo)

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2018, 12:37 PM
thelazyone22

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Z1 Stainless Steel Brake Lines (non-Premium Brembo)

I have Brembo's, 'nuff said haha.

Bought these, realized they were wrong for the weird blocks / multi line setup of the stock Brembos, re-ordered Brembo specific lines.

No banjo bolts or washers with this set. Otherwise never used!

I have no use for them, let's get them on your car!

$70 OBO + shipping, about $7 for a small flat rate box. I'm in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Hope everyone's having a great New Year 2018!

EDIT: Here's the breakdown for Brembo vs. non-Brembo:

>>> IF YOU HAVE FACTORY STOCK BREMBOS, e.g. 350z Grand Touring / Track Edition

Your Brembos, like mine, are installed at the factory in this weird lines + block setup. When you pull them, you will see there's a brake line -> metal block -> brake line -> metal block -> brake line -> secondary hard line.

To preserve the mounting / line routing, you need Z1 PREMIUM Stainless Steel brake lines. These are easy to identify by their bright gold brass blocks.

BE WARNED: The brass blocks are soft metal and the threads WILL strip (based on personal experience). Z1 will send you replacement blocks at astronomical cost...

You CAN use the regular Z1 brake lines but the mounting points will be different and they may be too long. You will also have to preserve a short hard line that's already part of the stock Brembo setup. Arguably the regular "straight" lines are BETTER because there are less failure points, including the brass block thread stripping mentioned above.

>>> IF YOU HAVE FACTORY STOCK 350Z BRAKES: these should be straight lines and easily replaced with Z1 Stainless Steel brake lines.

You should NOT have the weird mounting / routing points / extra hard line that the factory Brembos have.

>>> IF YOU HAVE AFTERMARKET BREMBOS / BRAKES: beats me, could be almost anything going on down there, haha. Drinking straws, PVC pipe, rubber hoses...
Attached Thumbnails Z1 Stainless Steel Brake Lines (non-Brembo)-20180115_132950.jpg  

Last edited by thelazyone22; 01-17-2018 at 10:24 AM.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:45 PM
350Zzed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey i happened to come across this thread and you now have me wondering about my own lines,i ordered the same brake lines but for brembo's and my package and part# looks the exact same as yours, did you order the brembo version and got these by accident? do you happen to know what the difference is between the two? i wont have mine installed until spring so am unable to check. Cheers
Old 01-17-2018, 07:22 AM
SilverGLE

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

You SHOULD be able to use these lines w/ Brembos. You'd just need to remove the hard line that goes into the caliper. Confirm w/ Z1, of course.

I have a set of Brembos waiting to be installed and these same SS lines on my 04 w/ standard brakes.
The following users liked this post:
350Zzed (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 10:20 AM
thelazyone22

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

@350Zzed: I'm not the biggest fan of Z1, they did send me the wrong lines, I clearly ordered the PREMIUM lines and they sent me the "regular" set and ignored me when I tried to get them replaced.

You may have ordered their regular set and marked it for your "Brembos", they have an option on the product page. It doesn't change anything in the package, it just confirms they are technically Brembo compatible. Look at their PREMIUM lines for a stock fit if you have stock Nissan Brembos.
The following 2 users liked this post by thelazyone22:
350Zzed (01-17-2018), SilverGLE (01-18-2018)