Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Hello 350Z owners! I need your help bad!

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 02:18 PM
NightRida

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello 350Z owners! I need your help bad!

Okay so my name is Jay and I have been waiting quite some time for just that right car to buy! I have made up my mind that the 350Z will be that car!
However, I am reading numerous and serious issues with this car. I plan on buying a new 05 model and was wondering if only the people wth an 05 could tell me if the tire feathering problem is still there? The alignment problem? The window problem? And how about the transmission?

I really need your help and have nowhere else to go for help. I plan on buying the automatic for family reasons. Is there anybody on this forumn that has an Enthusiast Auto model? I understand the the trans problem is mainly clutch related on manuel trans but what about the auto trans? Any problems with that?

Sorry for the stupid ?'s But in my opinion I think they are real ?'s that should be asked for a car that cost almost 30 g's.
I would really appreciate all you guys help and lettign me know your problems with your 05 model.

And what do you guys think of the 06?

Peace, Jay
Savannah, GA
Old 09-22-2005, 02:31 PM
pazarac

Dude i'm in the same boat...feathering and stuff is hardly common to '05s from what ive been reading inthe forums..i dont really care about it as much as i do for the transmission...that's the biggest concern..i jsut got ouf of the dealership and he quated 27,000 out the door for '05 base..msrp was like 28 something..i was like wtf?

edit: i'm talking about the manual trans..my bad..haven't seen much about the auto though..i'm assuming its ok.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM
gumulri

hi jay
i am driving 05 touring and i never had those kind of problems also have 30000miles.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:39 PM
Zeero

Default Don't Over React

Dude:

Don't take everything you see on these forums as Gospel (including this).

I have a 2005 Performance and all has been good except for my own goofs. I still have trouble with the six-speed gear shift pattern (reverse is like finding a marble in a bucket of golf *****), and nobody explained to me that the little diagram on the top of the shift **** was the ACTUAL SIZE of the shift pattern!

The front tire wear issue is common in other sports cars as well when they are driven aggressively (e.g. the Porsche, BMW, etc.). It's the price of driving a high performance sports car. The 2003 models had a genuine feathering and roar problem, but it has been sorted out. The biggest problem has been drivers who don't keep their tires at proper inflation pressures--that is CRUCIAL on a sports car.

The 350Z is a marvelous choice if sporting driving and sex appeal is what you want. The biggest problem I have had with my Daytona Blue baby is keeping all the lipstick off of it--and I can't leave the windows down when I park or women throw their underwear inside.

If you have serious "family issues," to deal with in your buying decision, you should probably consider a Ford Focus.
Old 09-22-2005, 08:30 PM
NightRida

THanks for the advice! And no I dont have serious family issues like that! Other wise I wouldnt consider a 2 seater. I would get an STi and whoop all your butts! lol! My girl and my bro cant drive an auto so I am looking out for them when they need to transport my car to me! Hint hint!

Anyway so the problems have been sorted out but one last thing. What about the 06? Worth to get one or not? Only main difference is the higher HP but less Torque as far as the engine goes right?

Peace!
Jay
Old 09-23-2005, 08:42 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd get an 05 & save a few bucks. Change in engine is more hype than substance.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:12 AM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mr. Rat, Could'nt of said it any better
Old 09-24-2005, 01:20 PM
christine

I do not recommend purchasing the car. Doesn't matter what year. This is not all gospel, it is the truth. Look how many people are having problems and then consider purchasing. Personally I am going to do alot more research before purchasing another car.

I do not recommend purchasing the car/nor could I say that the Nissan Dealership will take care of you if you have a problem.

As you can see there are many different probelms with the cars. Not many complaints about the 05's, probably because they are so new/takes a year or two before you start noticing problems.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:27 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have reliability doubts about the 350Z, don't buy one: you’ll always be anxious about what might break. Get a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. Those cars last forever with little care.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by pazarac
Dude i'm in the same boat...feathering and stuff is hardly common to '05s from what ive been reading inthe forums..i dont really care about it as much as i do for the transmission...that's the biggest concern..i jsut got ouf of the dealership and he quated 27,000 out the door for '05 base..msrp was like 28 something..i was like wtf?

edit: i'm talking about the manual trans..my bad..haven't seen much about the auto though..i'm assuming its ok.
The 350Z is probably not a good match for you. If your

satisfies your needs, then keep it.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:38 PM
davidv

Originally Posted by christine
I do not recommend purchasing the car. Doesn't matter what year. This is not all gospel, it is the truth. Look how many people are having problems and then consider purchasing. Personally I am going to do alot more research before purchasing another car.

I do not recommend purchasing the car/nor could I say that the Nissan Dealership will take care of you if you have a problem.

As you can see there are many different probelms with the cars. Not many complaints about the 05's, probably because they are so new/takes a year or two before you start noticing problems.
I’m sorry that you'll not happy with the 350Z. You’ll be trading it in for a different car when?