MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   considering a 04 350Z track (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/210301-considering-a-04-350z-track.html)

rickchan 08-14-2006 08:55 AM

considering a 04 350Z track

hello
I found a 04 Z in a dealership around my area, it has 19k miles on it and its 6 speed Manual.
they asking 25,995 I think its a little too much
what do you guys think I should start my asking price?
and its a certified used car, does that mean car is under excellent condition?
where and what to look in & out of the car??
thanks so much in advance for all the input, hope to hear from you guys soon

THE TECH 08-14-2006 08:59 AM

I just checked KBB and mfg sugg price for that car is $29k. I'd go for it if I were you.

rickchan 08-14-2006 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by THE TECH
I just checked KBB and mfg sugg price for that car is $29k. I'd go for it if I were you.

thanks THE TECH
btw, is that your Z in your avatar?? can u please tell me what color is that? it looks awsome
I have also checked the KBB, but if thats the real cost of the car.
do u smell something fishy about the car?
do u think there will be possible mechanicle problem? or the car was just on sale??
I also asked them about the warranty they include on that car. It has 100k miles or 84 months coverage on tranny? like power train I suppost? but if I want to get their wrap around warranty it will cost me some money. Do u think warparound warranty is needed?
I am waiting for my autoloan rate from capitolOne, hope everything will work out fine :)

THE TECH 08-14-2006 09:20 AM

Yes, that is my Z. Color is Silverstone.

There is no way for me to say one way or the other if there is anything wrong with the car or not. If it is from a Nissan dealer, then you probably have nothing to worry about. If it has the extended 100k warranty, then you are good to go.

rickchan 08-14-2006 09:30 AM

Yes, that is my Z. Color is Silverstone.

There is no way for me to say one way or the other if there is anything wrong with the car or not. If it is from a Nissan dealer, then you probably have nothing to worry about. If it has the extended 100k warranty, then you are good to go.

Thank u again THE TECH
I will be going there tomorrow to look at the car
is Silver = Silver Stone? cause on internet that Z looked more lighter silver

Mazinger Z 08-14-2006 09:36 AM

There's two silvers, CS = Chrome silver (lighter) SS=Silverstone (darker) but try to bargain and good luck

davidv 08-14-2006 11:14 AM

19,000 miles is a winner. You took a test drive right?

350zedddy 08-14-2006 11:29 AM

Listen, tell them you dont want their certified warranty crap and do not pay to extend the factory one. You can always extend it on your own. Should save you some money. Should still be under factory warranty. call 1800 nissan with the VIN ask if any service claims have been opened up, recalls etc..... Carfax it and you should be good to go.

rickchan 08-14-2006 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by davidv
19,000 miles is a winner. You took a test drive right?

I haven't test drive yet, and I just got approved for 7.75 for auto loan from Wescom! is that a good rate? because I got 12.95 fro CapitolOne earlier, that was pretty insane. Well, I will still have to bring in all the required info tomorrow for them to verify. ><
I will update whats happened after the test drive tomorrow

rickchan 08-14-2006 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by 350zedddy
Listen, tell them you dont want their certified warranty crap and do not pay to extend the factory one. You can always extend it on your own. Should save you some money. Should still be under factory warranty. call 1800 nissan with the VIN ask if any service claims have been opened up, recalls etc..... Carfax it and you should be good to go.

thank you zedddy, u gave me a really good start up check!
I will do that tomorrow after the test drive to see if I like the car first.
Do you think they will give me 24k OTD? my loan amount is 20k + my 4-5K downpay

350zedddy 08-14-2006 11:59 AM

Just go deal with them see what they. Make sure you tell them no window etching, no warranty crap. You should save in those areas.

THE TECH 08-14-2006 12:15 PM

Sounds like you are very new to Z's and cars in general. I would take someone who knows about cars for sure and if they know about the Z too, then that's a bonus.

rickchan 08-14-2006 12:21 PM

NO!!!!! the car I wanted to test drive has been sold over the weekend ><
now I need to be looking for another Z :( hopefully can find a Track trim too
what a bummer

THE TECH 08-14-2006 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by rickchan
NO!!!!! the car I wanted to test drive has been sold over the weekend ><
now I need to be looking for another Z :( hopefully can find a Track trim too
what a bummer

That's why you need to get financed first THEN look for the car.

ANXIOUZ 08-14-2006 12:32 PM

The Track model typically holds it's value a bit higher than the other trim levels. You can prob get a non-Track for much less.

rickchan 08-14-2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by maximXL
The Track model typically holds it's value a bit higher than the other trim levels. You can prob get a non-Track for much less.

I am looking into Touring and Performance now, but I surely will miss the big Brembo that come with the Track trim

350zedddy 08-14-2006 01:18 PM

unless u track the car who cares.

rickchan 08-14-2006 01:18 PM

That's why you need to get financed first THEN look for the car.

hehe, thanks for advise
I think I am ready to purchase car anytime soon.
Just my working schedual is killing me, 12 hours a day, 7 days a week LOL

THE TECH 08-14-2006 01:18 PM

Just be patient if you really want a track model. The Z is not some rare car. Take your time and you can find what you want.

rickchan 08-14-2006 01:21 PM

BTW, I called up Tustin Mitsubishi for a 05 White Z Touring. it has 22k miles on it, they asked for 25900. and the manager told me thats the internet price, so they can't go lower than that
I can only afford 25k in loan, thats about 400/month in car payment + 100ish for insurance
should I stand my price firm or looking for a cheaper Z
please give me some inputs
thanks