MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   Very detailed situation - possible free Z? (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/290789-very-detailed-situation-possible-free-z.html)

CervanteZ 07-31-2007 10:54 PM

What if you drive the sh!t out of it? That's probably the most joy you'll get out of it before you return it.

i8acobra 08-01-2007 08:27 AM

What the dealer did is called "spotting". Basically, they let you take the car before it's actually yours. The dealer can and will ask you to bring the car back if they can't complete the deal for any reason. The car is not yours until the bank funds the deal and you receive a "dealer's report of sale" that you give to your DMV when you register the car. If you refuse to bring the car back, you are guilty of "Grand-Theft, Auto".

zand02max 08-01-2007 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by davidv
If you have no approved loan, then the car is not yours.

+1. and they could possibly charge you mileage on the Z! Take the Z back, its not yours!

mdracer76 08-01-2007 08:38 AM

I can't believe that you would be so naive to think that the Z would be "free"

kids these days :(

Demon Z 08-01-2007 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by mdracer76
I can't believe that you would be so naive to think that the Z would be "free"

kids these days :(

^^+1. And while you're at it, stop lying. It's bad for you.

HDPDZO6 08-01-2007 11:14 AM

I like how the OP is trying to say the dealership frauded the bank when they lied about income, etc...

I wonder if the OP & mom signed the loan application & other paperwork which had the income amounts written on it.

If there is any fraud, you are in just as deep.

BTW, unless you are sitting with a title in hand, you don't own crap.

cheshirecat79 08-01-2007 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by zand02max
+1. and they could possibly charge you mileage on the Z! Take the Z back, its not yours!

No, they can't. It's not his car, it's the dealer's. He is not renting or leasing it. He is running around with it right now depreciating it on the dealer's dime.

To the OP: sorry bro but it looks like you are getting your Cobalt back. Sounds like the dealer has gone through every single lender they can trying to get you some kind of stated income loan but it just isn't happening.

If you don't furnish them with the paperwork/figures they are looking for, your "new" car is history.

Best thing about this is that you got to drive the car around a little. Next time, get a bank to approve you prior to shopping for a car. That way you'll have your financing in line before you hit the lot. Good luck.

Rob

jmark 08-01-2007 12:29 PM

Unless you have the title in hand you don't own crap.......:icon17:

zeekle 08-01-2007 01:37 PM

Well to parrot what most of the guys have said here I will say it again.

You don't own anything till you have a title in hand and you only get that when you pay off a car completely.

A dealer will have no problems sending some big hairy guy to your house in the dead of night to take "your" car back if they can't get you financed.

Sounds like you are going to have to take it back soon.

The Brickyard Rat 08-01-2007 03:15 PM

There is no free lunch..........

Learn it, live it, practice it.

BJX 08-01-2007 03:32 PM

If you had to lie to get the car, you're not ready for it.

AlmostJesus 08-01-2007 04:08 PM

lol, there's no lying. I make more than enough to afford the car, I live on my own and got approved for a lease on a 2005 Cobalt without a co-signer. The only reason I needed a co-signer is because I put 0-Down. The only reason they're lying about my mothers income is because I've only been at my new job for 3 months.

They're not taking the car back, I just received faxes saying they're taking the cobalt lease off my hands within 10 days and I just faxed my pay stubs to them. There's no taking it back.

Just so you guys know...45% of the people who have got loans for a home/car/boat..anything...have got co-workers/bosses to lie for them. I have a friends who's a carsales man about 12 hours away from me...told me if you're a student/young and are slowly building credit, they find ways around everything because all they dealership wants is money and they don't care who they get it from.

*edited* figures were actually 45% not 60%

AlmostJesus 08-01-2007 04:12 PM

A lot of my income comes from playing Poker. I had to get a job in order to obtain a lease/loan...they needed paperwork. I make $2400/month at my current job and about $1500/month average playing poker. Affording a car at my age is no problem.

simonfencer 08-02-2007 08:32 AM

I'd take the Z back and get in the Cobalt again quick, while it is still yours...Remember, you have 2 transactions going on here.

Then, save your poker money for 6 months ($9000 is a nice chunk of change to put down), find a good deal on a Z on a dreary Vancouver January afternoon (lived in the Lowermainland of BC for 20 years), which won't be hard to come by and buy then.

Plus, with a down payment and a savings history, your bank might be able to get you a good rate on the loan and you can hit the dealership and just write a cheque.

Demon Z 08-02-2007 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by AlmostJesus

The day I got my Z they asked me for my pay stubs, I told them they never told me to bring my paystubs...mine nor my mothers (who co-signed for me). They said it's OK, we'll just tell GMAC that I worked at my job for 3 years (which I haven't) and that my mom makes $4500/month (which she doesn't). I take my Z off the lot that day and drive home the happiest guy in the world.

So they need my proof of income...but if I don't give it to them...won't they get in **** for lying to the bank? (because they lied a lot to get me this car).

Sorry, I stand corrected. They lied for you, and you allowed it. I'm gonna predict that life is gonna take a big chunk outta your ass soon if you continue doing things this way. Probably sooner than you think.

BabyZiLLa 08-02-2007 01:39 PM

What a buncha whiny preachers.. Not only do half you guys make it sound like your sh*t doesn't smell. But it also sounds like you think your sh*t cleans and disinfects the toilet bowel while its at it.

zeekle 08-02-2007 05:30 PM

lying about anything on a credit app is fraud and it is illegal.

They actually didn't commit the fraud because they didn't sign the papers. You and your mom did.

But most likely you have nothing to worry about aside the bend over you most likely took on your lease buyout and making sure lady luck doesn't leave your side playing poker.

I am sure there is a lot of fraud going on in the auto loan business. We had a huge sting go on here in town recently where loan officers were leaving blanks on peoples credit apps and then filling them in with bogus info to get people into cars they couldn't afford. Most of the people that they did that for/to ended up losing their cars because they couldn't make the payments. It was all over the news here and the dealership ended up being sold and just about everyone there lost their jobs.

BJX 08-03-2007 02:29 AM

Hey, AlmostJesus, I think I might have a good propostition for you :) Where in Vancouver do you live and whats your full name?

nepox 08-03-2007 07:32 AM

lol, there's no lying. I make more than enough to afford the car, I live on my own and got approved for a lease on a 2005 Cobalt without a co-signer.
First you said you didn't have a job. Then you mentioned you make more than enough in your current job and poker, you get approved on a lease at age 17 on your own for the Cobalt, okay?

Agree, no free rides. Fraud, is fraud. Sooner they will find out. Just save money, if you do really make that much and put it for the down payment or get one cash.

VENOMSZ 08-08-2007 04:27 PM

ANYBODY can get approved for a domestic man.
That's no real accomplishment.
They are practically giving them away these days.