Notices
Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Trying to get my first Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 07:27 PM
Meddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Trying to get my first Z

Hello I am Eric, new to the forum... lol. Anyway I am having a hell of a time finding a 350z in the Northwest that is in good condition. I am wanting a 03-06MT. All the ones that I have found are haggard. Does anyone know of anyone in the Northwest that is looking to sell? I have one that I am looking at a dealer in town, It's an 04 MT PPW clean body and interior. I would like to have more than one option.

Thanks
Old 12-12-2008, 07:31 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the marketplace on this site.
Old 12-12-2008, 07:36 PM
Meddy

Originally Posted by The Brickyard Rat
Check the marketplace on this site.
I looked there a bit, most posts were old or no where near me. lol
Old 12-12-2008, 07:37 PM
HeyItsDan

Check craigslist or cars.com
Old 12-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Meddy

hmmm cars.com have not tried that one yet...
Old 12-12-2008, 08:14 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Find a 350Z at CarMax. Have them ship it to you. Done.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:54 PM
dhays

Default carmax

Carmax isn't a bad idea, but the closest Carmax location is in Sacramento I believe. It would mean buying a car sight-unseen and paying dearly for shipping to Portland.

FWIW, I looked for quite a while for a Z. I drove a number of them at dealers and scoured Craigslist and Autotrader. Patience paid off and I stumbled across a private seller with an '06 with 21k miles.

In the Tacoma/Seattle area there were lots of used Z's at dealerships. If you can find any now, they should be dirt cheap. Keep looking and you'll find something. BTW, I also recall a number of them being for sale down the Oregon area as well. Just be patient and diligent and you should find something.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:06 PM
wasuber

https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/...me-sell-z.html

and

https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/...07-z-sale.html

only 2 guys in the NW on these forums I know of selling. they are both pretty new.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:37 AM
Meddy

Originally Posted by wasuber
https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/...me-sell-z.html

and

https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/...07-z-sale.html

only 2 guys in the NW on these forums I know of selling. they are both pretty new.
didn't see those ones thanks for finding them. They are both a bit out of me price range lol I am a college student. haha The search continues.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:39 AM
Meddy

Originally Posted by dhays
Carmax isn't a bad idea, but the closest Carmax location is in Sacramento I believe. It would mean buying a car sight-unseen and paying dearly for shipping to Portland.
This was kinda my thoughts i don't have the huavos to buy a are with out seeing it. lol
Old 12-13-2008, 07:52 AM
wasuber

whats your price range?
Old 12-13-2008, 11:14 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by Meddy
didn't see those ones thanks for finding them. They are both a bit out of me price range lol I am a college student. haha The search continues.

"Those ones"? So much for a college education.

Seriously, if you are in college, a Z may not be the wisest choice in a car. I don't think they are that expensive to maintain, which is good, but they are not a practical car for everyday transportation if it is your only car. I've been daily driving mine, but I have other vehicles to use when I need to move my daughter back and forth to college, pick up stuff at Home Depot, or when it is cold and icy. Give it some thought. A cheap 4 door sedan may make more sense unless you have access to your parents cars for the times when the Z isn't going to work well.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:48 PM
bapestah

Seriously, if you are in college, a Z may not be the wisest choice in a car. I don't think they are that expensive to maintain, which is good, but they are not a practical car for everyday transportation if it is your only car. I've been daily driving mine, but I have other vehicles to use when I need to move my daughter back and forth to college, pick up stuff at Home Depot, or when it is cold and icy. Give it some thought. A cheap 4 door sedan may make more sense unless you have access to your parents cars for the times when the Z isn't going to work well.
Just out of curiosity..... when do you consider a time not suitable to be driving a Z? Like if its snowing??
Old 12-13-2008, 01:57 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

You said “good condition.” I found good condition. You said “ 03-06MT.” I found 03-06MT. Now you introduce price. If you want a 350Z with less that 10,000 miles, you are going to pay. No way around it.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:36 PM
Meddy

Originally Posted by davidv
You said “good condition.” I found good condition. You said “ 03-06MT.” I found 03-06MT. Now you introduce price. If you want a 350Z with less that 10,000 miles, you are going to pay. No way around it.
Yeah, i would like to keep the miles below 40k if posible and I know i am going to have to pay for the ca,r but I am looking to spend form 14 - 18 max I know that they are out there. I just need to find one.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:40 PM
Meddy

Good point but I in in the last year of school, don't have a family, lots of bills, etc. My outlook is I should get it now before it is not practical for me. and i do plan on buying a second car for commuting after the first of the year. I drive to much to have a 350 for a daily driver. lol
Old 12-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Good point but I in in the last year of school, don't have a family, lots of bills, etc. My outlook is I should get it now before it is not practical for me. and i do plan on buying a second car for commuting after the first of the year. I drive to much to have a 350 for a daily driver. lol

U so funny...
Old 12-16-2008, 07:29 AM
dhays

Originally Posted by bapestah
Just out of curiosity..... when do you consider a time not suitable to be driving a Z? Like if its snowing??
We normally don't get snow or ice where I live near Tacoma. However, Sunday night the roads had a 1/4" of sheet ice on them. Tonight we will get more snow and ice. I was very glad that I have two SUV's in addition to the Z and my two sedans. The OP is in Portland OR. They will get a bad ice storm about once a year. So ice is the worst, snow is next.

Beyond that, there are times when you just need to carry more than you can fit in the Z or you need to take more than one other person.
Old 12-16-2008, 09:09 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

my entire drive to work is nothing but icy roads and the z handles fine.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:58 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

Originally Posted by Entaille
my entire drive to work is nothing but icy roads and the z handles fine.
i don'tknow about that