Buying/Leasing 350Z/370Z Purchasing Info

Please give me your thoughts on this 350Z

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 06:11 PM
bigbadwanger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please give me your thoughts on this 350Z

So I've been checking edmunds and other sites routinely,

I came across this vehicle, 2008 Z, the listing didn't specify what model, but based on the pictures it looks like a GT cause of the bright orange breaks.

http://edmunds.autotrader.com/fyc/vd...standard=false

3k miles for 25k. With Navigation system, looks like AT, I'd like to get your guys opinion on the car whether it is GT or not, what is a good deal for me to purchase it at etc.
Old 04-18-2011, 06:15 PM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

def a GT and AT, nice color combo too
Old 04-18-2011, 06:16 PM
verdict.
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 648 Likes on 491 Posts

Yes, that's a GT and looks to be in great condition. As for the price, it's fair considering the low mileage. Have you thought about a 370? You could probably find one around that price if you look around a little.

Last edited by verdict.; 04-18-2011 at 06:21 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:00 PM
bigbadwanger

Originally Posted by verdict.
Yes, that's a GT and looks to be in great condition. As for the price, it's fair considering the low mileage. Have you thought about a 370? You could probably find one around that price if you look around a little.
I test drove a 370z just over the past weekend, I'm a bigger fan of the 350z look over the 370z. I assume the GT brembo breaks is > 370z breaks since they got rid of the Brembo.

Well the asking price is 25k, add taxes, and all the other crap that might go up to 28-29k.

I'm thinking about making an offer of 23K straight up buy, no financing needed. Do you think that's a good deal for me or can I go lower?
Old 04-18-2011, 07:08 PM
youngflyer

very nice Z but i think you should look at an MT....you will be glad you did!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:12 PM
SMcK23

Originally Posted by youngflyer
very nice Z but i think you should look at an MT....you will be glad you did!
I agree, I have owned both...a Touring '07 Z with A/T and I now own a Nismo '07 with M/T...the M/T is so much more enjoyable...it would be a deal breaker for me...
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
bigbadwanger

Originally Posted by SMcK23
I agree, I have owned both...a Touring '07 Z with A/T and I now own a Nismo '07 with M/T...the M/T is so much more enjoyable...it would be a deal breaker for me...
the problem is i don't know how to drive a manual, and it's been difficult trying to find someone with a manual car that i could borrow/rent. if i did know how to drive a manual, there was a manual GT for 22K ish black on black I could've considered buying....

thoughts on price offer for the dealer of this car?

Or do you guys recommend that I be more patient, hold off on buying and try to learn a manual and buy a manual GT late down the road?

Last edited by bigbadwanger; 04-18-2011 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:16 PM
drivessidewayz

Originally Posted by bigbadwanger
I test drove a 370z just over the past weekend, I'm a bigger fan of the 350z look over the 370z. I assume the GT brembo breaks is > 370z breaks since they got rid of the Brembo
Akebono brakes are the **** dude. Got a sport package at the dealership <3 them.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:31 PM
drivessidewayz

the problem is i don't know how to drive a manual, and it's been difficult trying to find someone with a manual car that i could borrow/rent. if i did know how to drive a manual, there was a manual GT for 22K ish black on black I could've considered buying....

thoughts on price offer for the dealer of this car?

Or do you guys recommend that I be more patient, hold off on buying and try to learn a manual and buy a manual GT late down the road?
I think manual is well worth waiting for; it's not all that difficult to learn. If you have an auto to dd, I'd def go for manual and learn as you have time. It shouldn't take more than a month to get comfortable with it.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:38 PM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Kind of sad to be a sports car owner & not know how to drive a stick.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:42 PM
bigbadwanger

Originally Posted by zland
Kind of sad to be a sports car owner & not know how to drive a stick.
tell me about it

i really liked the black and orange combo, but if everyone really think manual is the way to go, I can wait, the only problem is trying to find a manual car to learn from sigh.
Old 04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
bigbadwanger

Originally Posted by drivessidewayz
I think manual is well worth waiting for; it's not all that difficult to learn. If you have an auto to dd, I'd def go for manual and learn as you have time. It shouldn't take more than a month to get comfortable with it.
dd?
Old 04-18-2011, 08:17 PM
davidv

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I test drove a 370z just over the past weekend, I'm a bigger fan of the 350z look over the 370z. I assume the GT brembo breaks is > 370z breaks since they got rid of the Brembo.

Well the asking price is 25k, add taxes, and all the other crap that might go up to 28-29k.

I'm thinking about making an offer of 23K straight up buy, no financing needed. Do you think that's a good deal for me or can I go lower?
Looks like a Grand Touring with big brakes and Rays 18/19 inch wheels. Nice find. Offer $22,492.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Duckeee

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Downside is that its an auto. upside is that it has extremely low mileage and the price is okay for such a new car.

I bought my 07 GT 6spd 29k miles for $20k. Some say I paid a little more than I should have, but Im happy with the price. You can more than likely lower that price to 22.5-23k if need be.

However, I would wait until you learn how to drive stick first then begin your search again. You'll be happy you did in the long run.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:48 PM
jhu2818

My first z was an AT because I was too impatient and thought I'd never find a better deal. A few months after buying it I traded for a manual. Be patient and learn to drive manual first. In this case it'll even save you money!
Old 04-18-2011, 10:55 PM
billsrcursed

dd?
Daily Drive....

I think you'd be doing yourself a huge favor by holding out until you're able to learn stick.

Can't you just by a manual and learn with it? It's really not that hard....
Old 04-18-2011, 11:27 PM
Barnabas
National Z Club President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

+1 on just buyign and learning how to drive a manual. Just get someone who CAN drive already test drive it with you.

If you get someone to instruct you the Z's manual is super easy to learn on compared to allot of cars. Hell you can just let out the the clutch slow and it wont stall then just hit the gas... Its a good way to start to learn and you wont tear anything up.
Old 04-19-2011, 04:18 AM
NZMOWND

just buy the car and learn to drive as u go...i had driven a stick for about an hour before i bought my Nismo and drove it 5 hours home with no problems...its really not that hard and after about a month of driving i was completely comfortable driving it!

Moral of the story...be patient and by a manual!!
Old 04-19-2011, 04:46 AM
bigbadwanger

alright guys, thanks for the tips.

I will wait off and continue to try to find someone with a manual that i can borrow/rent through craigslist, and by posting something on the bulletin at work.

I do not want to buy a manual junker as I really don't want to deal with registering the car, selling it, and all that crap. I have a friend who can teach me to drive a manual, i just need a manual car. From what I've been reading, it seems to be a pretty big consensus that manual is the way to go, and I really want to learn it, it's just the eagerness to get a Z and the difficulty to find a manual to learn that's a pain in the ***.

Maybe if the dealer was willing to sell it for 21K, then I should consider buying it, if not, looks like I'll wait for MT.

Barnabas, I live in Iowa, the nearest Z that's a GT is like 600-2000 miles away, so dragging a friend that far is pushing it.

But it doesn't matter now, I just got response back from the dealer, the car already has a deposit on it. So the search for the GT continues.

Last edited by bigbadwanger; 04-19-2011 at 04:53 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:33 AM
Shizzmaster2k

This car is clean and fully loaded but MT would make this car even more of a must buy.

Quick Reply: Please give me your thoughts on this 350Z