MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion

MY350Z.COM - Nissan 350Z and 370Z Forum Discussion (https://my350z.com/forum/)
-   Buying/Leasing (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing-396/)
-   -   Buy a wrecked 350Z? Opnions please! (https://my350z.com/forum/buying-leasing/595803-buy-a-wrecked-350z-opnions-please.html)

Borked 07-15-2014 04:10 PM

Buy a wrecked 350Z? Opnions please!

Hi
I live in NM but will be going out to Phoenix in a few days and whiel I was out there I decided to buy a project.

I found a 2006 Nissan 350z, white, 60k miles, it was wrecked in front and I only have a picture of the drivers side which looks good, apparently the lady said the title is lost and the frame is bent. The price for it is $1500. She said it runs and idles and both engine and trans works fine.

What do you think? Would YOU buy it? Even to bring to your state to resell as is?

Thanks! :cool:

pyshin 07-15-2014 04:17 PM

No. I would not.

Especially if the seller would not provide a comprehensive album of HQ photos before I drove hours on hours to inspect it in person.

And no title? And frame damage?

This is either a troll post or you really are this naive.

Edit: Please be more specific about what type of "project" this will be.. Obviously if you are doing a comprehensive track/drift build with a custom TIG-welded DOM tubing front end with an engine swap, frame damage is less of a dealbreaker since it'll mostly be cut away.

dkmura 07-15-2014 04:19 PM

I think I'd avoid this kind of project altogether. Without even a salvage title, and being from out of state, it's gonna be a royal PITA from start to finish. Unless you're an experienced wrench who can do their own assessment, this is just the kind of bottomless pit more and more new members of this forum get stuck with.

superstuddc27 07-15-2014 05:54 PM

for a car without title youre looking at a parts car or purely not-street legal track car

oldschool350z 07-15-2014 06:01 PM

Buy it part it out then scrap it. Could make some $$

FOOKhonda 07-15-2014 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by oldschool350z (Post 10425570)

exactly what i was thinking, if the engine runs and tranny works thats more than twice the money back, then part out the interior and the salvageable exterior, you could probably buy a new 350 after parting it out.

Borked 07-16-2014 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by oldschool350z (Post 10425570)

Exactly was I was going to do.

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda (Post 10425590)
exactly what i was thinking, if the engine runs and tranny works thats more than twice the money back, then part out the interior and the salvageable exterior, you could probably buy a new 350 after parting it out.

Yep! This was my idea.

Originally Posted by superstuddc27 (Post 10425565)
for a car without title youre looking at a parts car or purely not-street legal track car

Yeah, would have been parts.

Originally Posted by dkmura (Post 10425524)
I think I'd avoid this kind of project altogether. Without even a salvage title, and being from out of state, it's gonna be a royal PITA from start to finish. Unless you're an experienced wrench who can do their own assessment, this is just the kind of bottomless pit more and more new members of this forum get stuck with.

Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by pyshin (Post 10425523)
No. I would not.

Especially if the seller would not provide a comprehensive album of HQ photos before I drove hours on hours to inspect it in person.

And no title? And frame damage?

This is either a troll post or you really are this naive.

Edit: Please be more specific about what type of "project" this will be.. Obviously if you are doing a comprehensive track/drift build with a custom TIG-welded DOM tubing front end with an engine swap, frame damage is less of a dealbreaker since it'll mostly be cut away.

I would be selling for partts, OR reselling it out here in the more competitive market. Stuff out here is almost like gold. It's priced like the dealership...

Anyways, the car sold. Just as well. Thanks for the input!